Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

Holty???

[quote user="Aussie_Canary"]Was Holt not booked on sat.[/quote]

No. I suspect he''ll pick one up at Paulton so that he''s suspended for the Johnstone''s Paint game at Swindon where I would have expected him to be rested anyway. I don''t think Lambo wants to take any chances with the FA Cup game as a Cup run will bring money in!

[quote user="Aussie_Canary"]I suppose but I think we have a more realistic chance in the JPT than the FA cup.[/quote]

Absolutely, but the FA Cup has significant prize money for every round and the prospect of a big pay day if we get to the third and draw a top Premier team at home. The JPT, on the other hand is played in front of minimal crowds and probably costs us money!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Aussie_Canary"]Was Holt not booked on sat.[/quote]

No. I suspect he''ll pick one up at Paulton so that he''s suspended for the Johnstone''s Paint game at Swindon where I would have expected him to be rested anyway. I don''t think Lambo wants to take any chances with the FA Cup game as a Cup run will bring money in!

[/quote]

Don''t suspensions for five yellows kick in seven days afterwards? It used to be anyway. If it is and he got booked next Saturday he''d miss the Tranmere game.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Unless it''s been changed recently, you are correct Graham.[/quote]

I''m happy to bow to your greater knowledge, but if you''re correct why was Adams harping on about him getting a booking at Stockport so they he was banned at Paulton? If the 7 day rule applies the ban would be at Swindon wouldn''t it? Or am I just being thick (and don''t try to spare my feelings[:''(])?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Unless it''s been changed recently, you are correct Graham.[/quote]

I''m happy to bow to your greater knowledge, but if you''re correct why was Adams harping on about him getting a booking at Stockport so they he was banned at Paulton? If the 7 day rule applies the ban would be at Swindon wouldn''t it? Or am I just being thick (and don''t try to spare my feelings[:''(])?

[/quote]I''m sure someone mentioned that the rules were changed this season - five yellows is now an immediate ban rather than delayed by 7 days? I might be making that up though...

It has been changed recently then. That''s handy. Lappin and Holt to whip their tops off on Saturday even if they don''t score then....

The JPT game at Swindon will be an excellent opportunity to experiment with Cody and Martin together. Failing that, Lambert could start with Martin and Cureton and bring on Cody early in the second half for Cureton. Then we have tried and tested options just in case we lose Holt to injury at some stage in the season.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]It has been changed recently then. That''s handy. Lappin and Holt to whip their tops off on Saturday even if they don''t score then....[/quote]

Haha. The Doc scores and Lappin and Holt whip their shirts off and start dancing around him waving their shirts like Morris dancers and their hankies.

PRICELESS ! ! !

[quote user="CallsignViper"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]It has been changed recently then. That''s handy. Lappin and Holt to whip their tops off on Saturday even if they don''t score then....[/quote]

Haha. The Doc scores and Lappin and Holt whip their shirts off and start dancing around him waving their shirts like Morris dancers and their hankies.

PRICELESS ! ! !

[/quote]

LOL you could never get tired of watching it.

The shirt off yellow card rule is stupid, isn''t the reasoning behind it so people aren''t offended or something - yet if a player gets blood on his shirt and he swaps his shirt at the side of the pitch he isn''t booked.

Even so I think we''ll be seeing a couple of daft bookings.

If its true we can use the JPT...........................

The bottom line is that promotion is our number 1 aim.

Our best chance is having Holt and Lappin playing in as many LG 1 games as possible.

I thought Holt may have been booked on Saturday because according to lambert he is carrying a niggling injury.

But if he gets booked in the FA cup (and misses JPT which he was probably not going to play in anyway) it makes perfect sense.

We EARNED the right to use the JPT for these suspensions by winning previous rounds.

I think Lambert really knows what he is doing.

He cannot admit this publically.

I expect the bookings to look very real, such as kicking/throwing the ball away in temper or even hacking someone down. 

[quote user="Aussie_Canary"]Perhaps but if we get to Wembely that surely will make us some money [/quote]

I cant see Lambert putting out a strong team, saying that alot of the most established players will want to be part this game as its televised. Hmmm, I suspect Holt will start with lots of youth players coming through. That will be a great motivation platform for them. I think the kids will be more than comfortable with this one so Im hoping we get to see them in action.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]

PRICELESS ! ! !

[/quote]

Haha, would be a classic. And probably get some media attention [:P]

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="CallsignViper"]

PRICELESS ! ! !

[/quote]

Haha, would be a classic. And probably get some media attention [:P]

[/quote]

I would be very careful, The FA has no sense of humor about those who use the rules to gain an advantage.

They want to make it look as real as possible.