Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Football league show

Is everyone happy with this program? just a thought, I can''t help notice how they seem to skip around us and go on about other teams, and the other thing is why so late at night ? I know we can record and watch on Sunday but it could be on a little earlier, and Yes befor you ask I do have a recorder and yes I do find it hard to watch TV after ten and normally in bed

have to say i am really enjoying their coverage, we have had a lot more airtime than we ever got with ITV and have been the featured match on a couple of occasions. No problem with the timings either, i can either watch it when it is on or record it and watch it sunday morning before going to play football (it replaces the time that i traditionally spent reading the Pink-un!).

The programs OK, we were shown earlier in season against Carlisle and felt more wanted than we were on ITV.

Not convinced about the feedback from fans bit, thats what 606 is for on the radio 5 or associated regional programs such as canary call. But apart from that its OK.

ITV have paid the usual fortune to show football on their channel, I don''t really see why they don''t ''milk it'' for all it''s got. Sky do it very well, Sunday is full up with analysis of the previous Saturdays matches, I particularly like ''The Last Word'' with Andy Gray.

This is so much better than the ITV coverage was.  Never stay awake to watch it on Saturday/Sunday though - always pick it up on iplayer.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]get over it.

they have featured us a fair bit this season, it is called the football league show for a reason. It is not the Norwich City Show is it?
[/quote]

Relax. Its just a shame they don''t talk about us much they just say Norwich are doing well....

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I watch it on iPlayer so I can skip through all the games I don''t care about. [Y]
[/quote]

Better still., if you only wanna watch norwich then watch the highlights of just our game on bbc website, extended highlights too! [:)]

I have tried watching highlightes on line, but living in the sticks my Broadband speed is slow, more often than not I fall asleep waiting for them to get to us, and the MRS has''nt recorded it again.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]get over it. they have featured us a fair bit this season, it is called the football league show for a reason. It is not the Norwich City Show is it?[/quote]

Relax. Its just a shame they don''t talk about us much they just say Norwich are doing well....

[/quote]Truth is, if we''re not featured, it''s rarely going to ever be more than that. Fans of every single club in the Football League will complain about that, but there are only so many games that you can fit into that kind of time slot.Personally i''m very happy with the service from the BBC so far. Showing full league games on terrestrial television, with a far more in-depth and better standard of highlights coverage, with segments to give a voice to the fans of all us ''small'' clubs (comments are not always sensible, but i do appreciate it, and the concept is a very valid one).It''s not perfect, but as far as reality is concerned as a fan of 1 club amongst another 71, i personally think it''d be unreasonable to expect anymore from the BBC.[url=http://www.mysmiley.net][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0065.gif[/img][/url]

Points taken BBJ I think a lot of people were under the impression that it was going to be a reoginal program, and on Sunday lunch time,

....... and I am more than happy to do without the poxy adverts that ITV and Sky bombard us with. Thank you BBC .... I''m quite happy with the coverage.

So much better than the championship on ITV they do the League one section well and try to give at least a brief mention to all teams in their analysis. Also unsure about the fan feedback it always seems a bit pointless, just fans of teams that won saying how happy they are and ones that lost being pissed off.

I think they are trying to show that football putside the premiership is more about supporters - who all too aften have horredous ups and downs bur remain suppporters. Hence the slightly patronising theme tune and graphics.

Cut out the witless bird perched on some bit of the studio set reading out texts.

More football, less flannel for the simple minded.

I have to say i completly disagree with you! I think if you added all the time slots up we have had and compared it to everyone else i would say Norwich have been one of the most talked about so far! I love the fact that our logo is probably in the best place aswell and always visible!

Great alrounder and a million times better than ITV show though that guy that sits next to the presenter (both the names ilude me right now) is a bit of a d1ck at times!

[quote user="open goal"]

I have to say i completly disagree with you! I think if you added all the time slots up we have had and compared it to everyone else i would say Norwich have been one of the most talked about so far! I love the fact that our logo is probably in the best place aswell and always visible!

Great alrounder and a million times better than ITV show though that guy that sits next to the presenter (both the names ilude me right now) is a bit of a d1ck at times!

[/quote]

Wondered why our Club badge was so prominent, perhaps they got a youngster to put them up in alphabetical order - "C" is for Canaries.

[quote user="pete_norw"]Points taken BBJ I think a lot of people were under the impression that it was going to be a reoginal program, and on Sunday lunch time,[/quote]

I think I speak for all exiles when I say, I''m very glad its not regional!

I think it''s excellent and a huge, huge improvement over ITV''s offering. Yes, okay Norwich have been overlooked a little recently - but that''s because those first three/four weeks we were in it non-stop!