Sign in to follow this  
 cornwall canary

1959/60 season

Thought I would look at the attendances from the last time we played in the 3rd division when city finished 2nd.

Average attendance was 26,406 but there was a wide variation the lowest being 13,740 and the highest 36,479.

Oddly the lowest was against Southampton who won the league that year!

The only reason I can see for this is that the game was played on the last Saturday before xmas. There was no Sunday or late night opening in those days.

The highest gates tended to be the midweek games I assume because more people were free to attend.

[quote user=" cornwall canary"]Thought I would look at the attendances from the last time we played in the 3rd division when city finished 2nd.

Average attendance was 26,406 but there was a wide variation the lowest being 13,740 and the highest 36,479.

Oddly the lowest was against Southampton who won the league that year!

The only reason I can see for this is that the game was played on the last Saturday before xmas. There was no Sunday or late night opening in those days.

The highest gates tended to be the midweek games I assume because more people were free to attend.[/quote] And you had post on Christmas Day

" And you had post on Christmas Day"

eh ?

It ran spasmodically from 1902 and petered out in 1909

[quote user="City1st"]" And you had post on Christmas Day" eh ? It ran spasmodically from 1902 and petered out in 1909[/quote]

Sounds like this Bushmeat has been sitting on the barbecue for some time. Personally, I wouldn''t touch it with a ten foot pole unless it has been particularly well salted.

[quote user="City1st"]" And you had post on Christmas Day"

eh ?

It ran spasmodically from 1902 and petered out in 1909[/quote]Did you go to school at Poundland? The last Christmas day post was 1960 which was why I posted it.  If posters believed me they''d learn more.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Change your name to Barbecued Obamameat and I''ll believe anything you tell me.[/quote]Obama is shafting your lot worse than Bush