Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Cody Mac

Did exactly what i thought he would do, if Lambert ever brings him on.He should have come on versus Leeds and Swindon, adds extra bite to the attack and a much needed pace which we sorely lack up front. If Cureton ever comes on again in place of Cody im gonna have a heart attack.

Thought on the pitch today it was all about running and battling, Cody McDonald injected pace into the front line and worked his socks off, ball went out for the third goal but he did superbly tacking the full back and then unselfishly putting onto a plate for Holty.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Did exactly what i thought he would do, if Lambert ever brings him on.

He should have come on versus Leeds and Swindon, adds extra bite to the attack and a much needed pace which we sorely lack up front. If Cureton ever comes on again in place of Cody im gonna have a heart attack.
[/quote]

Why? We beat Swindon and would have got a very honourable draw against Leeds if the keeper and defence hadn''t had a collective meltdown in the last miute against Leeds. Super subs are only super subs if they are used sparingly in moments of real need.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Did exactly what i thought he would do, if Lambert ever brings him on.

He should have come on versus Leeds and Swindon, adds extra bite to the attack and a much needed pace which we sorely lack up front. If Cureton ever comes on again in place of Cody im gonna have a heart attack.
[/quote]

Don''t say that Barclayman, even in jest.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]Did exactly what i thought he would do, if Lambert ever brings him on.He should have come on versus Leeds and Swindon, adds extra bite to the attack and a much needed pace which we sorely lack up front. If Cureton ever comes on again in place of Cody im gonna have a heart attack.[/quote]

[/quote]Dont worry Wiz, im in perfect health...

[/quote]

Cody has much more pace, better control, better finishing and he adds that little spark to the game. 

Would Cureton tackled the full back? he wouldn''t have even tried.

Would Cureton keep that ball in? No Chance.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Cody''s the future.....Let him start a few games......give Martin and Co, something to think about.[/quote]Martin''s younger than Cody! So how can Cody be the future?

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Cody''s the future.....Let him start a few games......give Martin and Co, something to think about.[/quote]

Martin''s younger than Cody! So how can Cody be the future?
[/quote]

Was gonna say the same thing myself.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Cody''s the future.....Let him start a few games......give Martin and Co, something to think about.[/quote]Martin''s younger than Cody! So how can Cody be the future?[/quote]

[/quote]I call it the "Jim Brennan" syndrome. When JB wasn''t playing he was the answer to all our ills. Then when he actually got a run in the team it became apparent that he wasn''t.Not playing does players'' reputations the power of good, because it means they can''t play badly.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Cody''s the future.....Let him start a few games......give Martin and Co, something to think about.[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s age got to do with it?....I''d rather see Cody before Martin. Martin''s been around in Pro fooball longer than Cody. But I feel that Cody has more to offer than Martin.....Rather than whether one is older or younger.

Martin isn''t the future of this club.

Martin is lazy....Cody has energy.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I call it the "Jim Brennan" syndrome. When JB wasn''t playing he was the answer to all our ills. Then when he actually got a run in the team it became apparent that he wasn''t.

Not playing does players'' reputations the power of good, because it means they can''t play badly.
[/quote]

Having said that, I think Cody adds another dimension to our strike force. He is extremely quick, very tenacious and knows where the goal is.  I wouldn''t be unhappy to see his name alongside King Holt in the starting line up.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I call it the "Jim Brennan" syndrome. When JB wasn''t playing he was the answer to all our ills. Then when he actually got a run in the team it became apparent that he wasn''t.

Not playing does players'' reputations the power of good, because it means they can''t play badly.
[/quote]

I call it an opinion, you call it what you like. With your opinion.

Play Cody and Martin in the JPT and see who performs better I say, then we''ll get a good idea hopefully.

If worse comes to worse, why not try Cody out wide?

[/quote]

Oh, and Holt''s older than the pair of them.....But, I suppose he''s not the future....Is he?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:O]

Cody Deserves A Start. And I Think Starting Him In The JPT Would Be A Good Idea. There Have Been Plenty Of Games Calling Out For Cody, When The Opposition Have Been Looking Tired In The Last 15mins Or So, And Cody Would Have Ran Right Through Them Pulling Them Apart, But Instead Lambert Brings Cureton On Who Does Sod All. Hopefully We Will Be Seeing More Of Cody From Now On, He Deserves It And I Recon He Can Do A Damn Good Job For The Team! :)

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[/quote]Cody didn''t, [:D][/quote]???????????????

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Tookie140"]

[/quote]Cody didn''t, [:D][/quote]???????????????

[/quote]The ball went out for the final goal, but i''m not complaining, the lino on that side was useless.

Well, it looked like the WHOLE of the ball did not go out, watching replays of last night''s highlights. It was right under the linesman''s nose as well.But I suppose you''re right.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Well, it looked like the WHOLE of the ball did not go out, watching replays of last night''s highlights. It was right under the linesman''s nose as well.But I suppose you''re right.

[/quote]I was almost right in line with that touchline, i was pretty sure at the time it went out but the replays are inconclusive so i may be wrong.

I still think if Cody had come on against Leeds in say the 75th minute, he would have applied so much pressure to their defence they would not have got into the position that lead to the cock up of a goal kick!

I like Cody, really admire his spirit and willingness to run for the cause but for those saying he deserves to start over Martin, Martin is playing and scoring as our the other two players in our front 3.

1st rule of football is if you''ve found a system and team thats winning football matches don''t mess about with it unless you have to.

I seenMartin getting a bit of stick on here for his work rate but worked his socks off yesterday and got under the skin of a few Stockport players, he didn''t have his greatest game but he won us a penalty with a skillful run in their box and Cody then caused problems against tired legs late on.

[quote user="Lambo"]I like Cody, really admire his spirit and willingness to run for the cause but for those saying he deserves to start over Martin, Martin is playing and scoring as our the other two players in our front 3.

1st rule of football is if you''ve found a system and team thats winning football matches don''t mess about with it unless you have to.[/quote]Completely agree. I think the point most people are making is that, as a sub., Cody offers a Hell of a lot more than Curo. As somebody pointed out, can you imagine Jamie Lad doing what Cody Mac did yesterday?

I dont see why Martin is getting stick, i am a huge Cody Mac fan but at the moment think the correct partnership is Holt - Martin.We have Holt, Martin and Cody who can all get the job done. Curo is certainly past it and i think everyone can see that now.Off topic a bit , but i have to say the Doc revivial is second only to the Tony Adams revival !!We now have our very ownSUPER DONKEY !!!!!!

[quote user="Tookie140"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]Did exactly what i thought he would do, if Lambert ever brings him on.He should have come on versus Leeds and Swindon, adds extra bite to the attack and a much needed pace which we sorely lack up front. If Cureton ever comes on again in place of Cody im gonna have a heart attack.[/quote]

Cody has much more pace, better control, better finishing and he adds that little spark to the game. 

Would Cureton tackled the full back? he wouldn''t have even tried.

[/quote]Spot onAgainst Swindon right at the end Drury had the ball in the left back position was looking up for an outlet and Cureton just stood there in the centre. I was screaming in anger for him to get his arse out to the wing like a proper striker should and give Drury an option. In the end Drury went long and then Cureton decided to chase it, only for the Swindon RB to collect and pump the ball back down field where they actually had a chance on goal.You get so much more from Cody, he might not be banging them in but he causes a lot of problems with his pace and buzzing about style. If he got a decent run he you never know he might start finding the back of the net on a regular basis like Holt.