Sign in to follow this  
Oxford Canary

Alan Maybury

Just an educated guess but how about Alan Maybury from Colchester as new right back. Lambert signed him last season and he has not recently featured. Lots of experience.

Colchester''s owner is on public record as saying that Colchester will not do further business with Norwich City until the current matter of compensation for Lambert & Co is sorted.  There is, apparently, a further meeting between the two club CEO''s next week.

A genuine view this end, not a tilt at Norwich.  Absolutely not sure.  Has had some decent games for us but often does not look fully involved and is prone to disastrous errors our end - cost us the home game v Leeds, bit like  your keeper.  He headed down a lowball straight to you know who when all he had to do was volley it.  Makes us nervous this end.  Has gone missing in a couple of games which, for a full back, I personally find somewhat nerve wracking.

He is not hopeless by any means and has put in some very good shifts but you are always on edge, if you know what I mean.  Deservedly Whitey is keeping him out (ironically one of the Lambo Siberian Six) who has no fancy stuff at all but so far has been absolutely rock solid and can play either RB or LB.  Maybury has been caught in the headlights a few times and I think that is why Boothroyd has gone for White.