Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Leeds, Charlton, MK Dons and Colchester

From the four teams above us, we have lost three and drawn one. Baring this in mind do you think we will struggle to push any higher in the league.

I personaly think Col Who will fade away, but as for MK and Charlton, I''m not so sure!!

Thoughts.....

I think we can and will finish 2nd. Leeds will only win the league due to them being 11 points above us now, but i think it will be alot less come may.

1. Leeds

2. Norwich

3. Charlton

4. Mk Dons

5. Col U

[quote user="H4H"]From the four teams above us, we have lost three and drawn one. Baring this in mind do you think we will struggle to push any higher in the league. I personaly think Col Who will fade away, but as for MK and Charlton, I''m not so sure!! Thoughts.....[/quote]

We outplayed Leeds on their own pitch,were disrupted by injuries at MK, lost to Colchester under the Gunn regime and had a great second half comeback against Charlton. A season is a long time and teams develop, as we are currently doing, so I don''t think any conclusions should be drawn (either positive or negative) at this stage. We''re playing good football and getting results without quite hitting fourth gear. Lets'' enjoy it and let the future take care of itself!

Also, Norwich have beaten Carlisle (Leeds drew with them and Charlton lost).

MK Dons only drew with Hartlepool and Swindon, Colchester drew with Swindon and Wycombe but we beat them all.

I know I haven''t taken home/away into account but it shows that we are capable of beating teams that they have dropped points to.

I''m also conscious of the fact that Millwall and Huddersfield need to be watched are capable of scoring freely.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Still got all 4 to play again, other than the Colchester game(pre Lambert) though we could have won all of them[/quote]

I think we have to include Huddersfield in the debate, after all there are supposed to have all the cash and are now in the top 6 a point behind us.

We have got it all to do to get automatic, as we have only got 1 point from 12 from the 4 teams above us, which is never good which ever league you play in, I think the positives we take that gives us hope is that we seem to be getting the away results against the ''lesser teams'' which the others aren''t, not that I''m comparing us to Man Utd but that is why they win the league where the likes of Liverpool failed last season.

the last two or three seasons mk dons and leeds have done well for so long then go pear shape they were very strong untill the latter stages,I don''t think we have any worries, I want to go to Wembley but not in playoffs, think possitive we have three bits of silverwear we can go for this season

[quote user="pete_norw"]the last two or three seasons mk dons and leeds have done well for so long then go pear shape they were very strong untill the latter stages,I don''t think we have any worries, I want to go to Wembley but not in playoffs, think possitive we have three bits of silverwear we can go for this season[/quote]Leeds went pear shaped due to bad management and change of management and backroom staff midway through the season.This aint gonna happen this year.

Leeds have beaten MKdons away,Colchester Away,Norwich at home and drew with Charlton at home already and to be honest Leeds haven''t hit top gear yet. Leeds have the best defence in the league conceding only 8 goals and also the best strikeforce by far. Beckford,Becchio and Sam Vokes are better than Holt plus we have an inform kandol as backup.

The strength and depth in the Leeds squad now is fantastic and now a complete second string 11 Leeds squad would beat 2/3rds of this division. this will be the difference which should take us over the 46 games.

Lets not forget Leeds havent been beaten at home in over 350 days.

You are fighting for 2nd spot.!!

[quote user="H4H"]From the four teams above us, we have lost three and drawn one. Baring this in mind do you think we will struggle to push any higher in the league.

I personaly think Col Who will fade away, but as for MK and Charlton, I''m not so sure!!

Thoughts.....[/quote]Or looking at it another way,Colchester, 2 words - Bryan Gunn - Even Paulton would have beaten us if that clown was in chargeMK, Crocked by injuries, because of those dirty bastards, should have had a penalty when winning 1-0, their pentalty was a shocking decision by refCharlton, Started poorly, great comeback, were all over them second half, they looked very poor in second half, poor defending by Otesemobor for 1 of their goalsLeeds, outplayed them for most of the game, only a bad kick meant we lost, and poor defending again from Otsemobor, maybe if Spillane wasn''t injured we would have won?I personally think we will come between positions 2-4.

[quote user="Brendan"]

I think we can and will finish 2nd. Leeds will only win the league due to them being 11 points above us now, but i think it will be alot less come may.

1. Leeds

2. Norwich

3. Charlton

4. Mk Dons

5. Col U

[/quote]

take out leeds and their is 10-11 teams that could fill the other 5, don''t think colutd or charlton will be up their come the end of the season 

LOL, Grant Holt > Becchio, Vokes & IMO Beckford, scores just as many as Beckford but offers so much more to the team than Beckford does to Leeds.

I''d genuinely take Holt over him any day.

Beckford will be on his was in January anyway as Leeds will not risk him going for free next summer.

Look at Man Utd last season, lost both games against Liverpool, drew with Chelsea away and lost at Arsenal and still won the league.

Leeds, Charlton, MKdonalds and Colchester will all drop points in shitty little games where as we have already had our wobble (i hope) NCFC for top 2

[quote user="spainboy"][quote user="pete_norw"]the last two or three seasons mk dons and leeds have done well for so long then go pear shape they were very strong untill the latter stages,I don''t think we have any worries, I want to go to Wembley but not in playoffs, think possitive we have three bits of silverwear we can go for this season[/quote]Leeds went pear shaped due to bad management and change of management and backroom staff midway through the season.This aint gonna happen this year. Leeds have beaten MKdons away,Colchester Away,Norwich at home and drew with Charlton at home already and to be honest Leeds haven''t hit top gear yet. Leeds have the best defence in the league conceding only 8 goals and also the best strikeforce by far. Beckford,Becchio and Sam Vokes are better than Holt plus we have an inform kandol as backup. The strength and depth in the Leeds squad now is fantastic and now a complete second string 11 Leeds squad would beat 2/3rds of this division. this will be the difference which should take us over the 46 games. Lets not forget Leeds havent been beaten at home in over 350 days. You are fighting for 2nd spot.!![/quote]

Are you still having nightmares about how we played you off the park?

If Leeds keep Beckford in jan, which i belive they will, gotta gamble and keep him then offer him a new contract in the championship next season, if we go up he will stay imo. The only team''s to win at Elland Road in 2009 are Carlisle (January) and Liverpool in carling cup, we have drawn 5 and lost 2, won every other home game in 2009, We have got the league in our hands and there are 5/6 teams all fighting for 2nd imo. Norwich i think will get it with Charlton, MK Dons, Millwall and Colchester/Huddersfield in the playoff''s

Beckford wants out, his attitude oozes that of a money grabbing bas tard topped off by his transfer request. Granted if Leeds go up he MAY stay but do you seriously think there won''t be a few Prem/more established championship clubs trying to tempt him away on a freebe?

I think he''ll go in January if Leeds drop their asking price and from there on in it''ll be an interesting run in. However, if he stays and the rest of the squad stay fit top spot is yours to lose.

[quote user="sam"]If Leeds keep Beckford in jan, which i belive they

will, gotta gamble and keep him then offer him a new contract in the

championship next season, if we go up he will stay imo. The only team''s

to win at Elland Road in 2009 are Carlisle (January) and Liverpool in

carling cup, we have drawn 5 and lost 2, won every other home game in

2009, We have got the league in our hands and there are 5/6 teams all

fighting for 2nd imo. Norwich i think will get it with Charlton, MK Dons, Millwall and Colchester/Huddersfield in the playoff''s[/quote]Positive

words about Norwich from sam?!? [:O] Crikey things must be going well.

You are correct however, Leeds I''m sure will run away with it leaving

the rest of us to scrap for the other spot.

I wouldn''t take to much heed of Leed''s present position. They haven''t been in this division for a few seasons for nothing.

If Beckford wants to leave he will. Leeds will not be able to meet the wages of a Premiership club.

I would watch Millwall, doubt Bristol Rovers will be anywhere by Jan and we''ll be grateful that S''oton were deducted 10 points because I expect them to get as many points as us between now and the end of the season.

What you lot don''t seem to get is that Beckford doesn''t WANT to leave, if he did he would have gone by now, after all this is our 3rd season in league 1 and he has been with us for all 3. we won''t drop our asking price for him becuase he is that important to us, £3m minimum, if we don''t get offered that, we won''t sell, simple as. And no one, if they have any sense will pay that much for someone who has never played higher then league 1 and with his contract up at end of season

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]Beckford wants out, his attitude oozes that of a money grabbing bas tard topped off by his transfer request. Granted if Leeds go up he MAY stay but do you seriously think there won''t be a few Prem/more established championship clubs trying to tempt him away on a freebe?

I think he''ll go in January if Leeds drop their asking price and from there on in it''ll be an interesting run in. However, if he stays and the rest of the squad stay fit top spot is yours to lose.[/quote]

Beckford never put in a transfer request, we offered him a new contract pre-season and he turned it down, so we transfer listed him but thought better of it and removed him from the list and turned down every offer we got for him, we will do the same in January and he will sign a new deal with us when we are in the championship next season. We are hardly going to drop the asking price, if we sell him then we could blow our chances of going up, would be like Norwich seeling Hoolahan

Is there any reason to think Holt will still be with NCFC after January?  Some bottom dwelling Prem team might come asking, and with money too tempting to turn away.  That''s how we got Ashton whom we obviously should have signed 45 months earlier.

I cannot see Leeds slipping up this year they have learnt the hard way that the play offs are an absolute lottery , all the more reason that we need to grab that 2nd spot but it wont be as easy as some on here think.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Is there any reason to think Holt will still be with NCFC after January?  Some bottom dwelling Prem team might come asking, and with money too tempting to turn away.  That''s how we got Ashton whom we obviously should have signed 45 months earlier.[/quote] Theres not any chance whatsoever of a Premier league side being interested in Holt.

Somehow I don''t think Beckford is that loyal. He''ll be on his bike whether it be for 2 or 3m in January or on a free next summer regardless of which league Leeds are in.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Is there any reason to think Holt will still be with NCFC after January?  Some bottom dwelling Prem team might come asking, and with money too tempting to turn away.  That''s how we got Ashton whom we obviously should have signed 45 months earlier.[/quote]

Holt in the Prem? HAVE U BEEN DRINKING!?

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]Beckford will be on his was in January anyway as Leeds will not risk him going for free next summer.

[/quote]

Aye sure Becford loves Leeds!

Jesus, there is some mis-informed rubbish in this thread, either that or people hear half a stroy and make the rest of it up.

With regards to Beckford Leeds have stated that he will be there ''til the end of the season, at which point he will be offered a contract suitable to the league we''re in. If he stays - great! if he leaves but managed to get us promoted then good luck to the lad. In all fairness there aren''t many clubs outside the premiership that are as big as Leeds or can offer what they can in terms of facilities and playing in front of a decent crowd each week.

He has never expressed a desire to leave or commented on the situation at all... Leeds took the stance that Beckford is worth more at the club than he is if we sold him, we don''t need the money! (contrary to popular befief)

[quote user="sam"]What you lot don''t seem to get is that Beckford doesn''t WANT to leave, if he did he would have gone by now, after all this is our 3rd season in league 1 and he has been with us for all 3. we won''t drop our asking price for him becuase he is that important to us, £3m minimum, if we don''t get offered that, we won''t sell, simple as. And no one, if they have any sense will pay that much for someone who has never played higher then league 1 and with his contract up at end of season[/quote]

There''s no way you''d get 3 million in January if his contract is up at the end of the season. It looks to me that Leeds may have to accept a much lower offer in January or lose him for zilch later. Surely if he wanted to stay he would have signed an extension already.