Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Lambert - Won 9, Drawn 3, Lost 3

Have we ever seen a better start to a managerial career at Norwich than Lambo''s? Worthy''s was pretty good, as was im sure Roeder''s, and O''Neills years ago.But PL has done a great job so far and in my mind has proved any doubters he may have had when he was appointed well and truly wrong. Keep up the good work, promotion here we come.

I was looking at his stats yesterday and they''re certainly impressive and still getting better. In the league it''s played twelve, won seven, drawn three and lost two. But if you divide his games into sets of six the first set comprises two wins, three draws and a loss. The second set comprises of five wins and a loss. I guess this shows the benefits of a settled team... and a proper manager.... Keep it up, Lambo!

[quote user="Babyface"]Additionally, one of the losses was against premiership opposition so consideration should be made for that one.[/quote]Other losses were against ''arguably'' the two toughest away League fixtures of

the season in MK Dons and Leeds United, and we only lost by 1 very avoidable goal on

each occasion, and including those two games and the Sunderland fixture

(with a fair amount of second string players in the side at the time,

it was quality that came through on the day, while there was very

little to choose between the sides otherwise), we are yet to of been

outperformed by any of our opposition.And with draws coming against a strong Charlton side, and away to a Gillingham side lucky to be a man up on us, i''d say the only result to ''buck the trend'' as such is our home game against Walsall.The signs indicate toward a positive future in the short term, but it''s up to Lambert to get this side to sustain this form, cos if it goes off the rails, things could turn VERY ugly, VERY quickly.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Have we ever seen a better start to a managerial career at Norwich than Lambo''s? Worthy''s was pretty good, as was im sure Roeder''s, and O''Neills years ago.

But PL has done a great job so far and in my mind has proved any doubters he may have had when he was appointed well and truly wrong.

Keep up the good work, promotion here we come.
[/quote]

Glen Roeder comes to mind.  He did a great job to start things off, and in a higher division.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Its all down to Gunn [;)][/quote]

Yup.... It''s all down to Gunn......... being sacked. 

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

.......being a truly terrible manager. [:D]

[/quote]

I still thank the lord for that 7-1 defeat!!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]Have we ever seen a better start to a managerial career at Norwich than Lambo''s? Worthy''s was pretty good, as was im sure Roeder''s, and O''Neills years ago.

But PL has done a great job so far and in my mind has proved any doubters he may have had when he was appointed well and truly wrong.

Keep up the good work, promotion here we come.
[/quote]

Glen Roeder comes to mind.  He did a great job to start things off, and in a higher division.

[/quote]

Usual rubbish (garbage?)

Well its a good record, but to be fair i dont think its an amazing achivement , were not playing the same teams that our other managers had to play against, are we?!

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]Have we ever seen a better start to a managerial career at Norwich than Lambo''s? Worthy''s was pretty good, as was im sure Roeder''s, and O''Neills years ago.But PL has done a great job so far and in my mind has proved any doubters he may have had when he was appointed well and truly wrong. Keep up the good work, promotion here we come.[/quote]

[/quote]

Usual rubbish (garbage?)

[/quote]No. A very good, and a very valid point from Houston, worthy of discussion.

[quote user="Brendan"]Well its a good record, but to be fair i dont think its an amazing achivement , were not playing the same teams that our other managers had to play against, are we?![/quote]

That''s very true, but if you look at Leicester, they were promoted last season and are having no problems at all in new company.  Let''s hope that we can do the same next season.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]Have we ever seen a better start to a managerial career at Norwich than Lambo''s? Worthy''s was pretty good, as was im sure Roeder''s, and O''Neills years ago.But PL has done a great job so far and in my mind has proved any doubters he may have had when he was appointed well and truly wrong. Keep up the good work, promotion here we come.[/quote]

[/quote]Forgot how great Roeder''s start was actually, I make it won 6, drawn 6, lost 3 in his first 15 games!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

.......being a truly terrible manager. [:D]

[/quote]

I still thank the lord for that 7-1 defeat!!

[/quote]

i thank lambert

I don''t think Glenn''s first period of games was that good, it was a couple months into his reign we had that good run.

[quote user="Lambo"]I don''t think Glenn''s first period of games was that good, it was a couple months into his reign we had that good run.[/quote]He had the draw against Ipswich, then a few losses (the infamous Plymouth defeat), and then we started on that undefeated run. Think it was much sooner than a couple of months though. Genuinely his first 15-20 games were phenomenal overall, results-wise at least, given how we were playing when he took over.

Ahh Apologies I though our good run was January through to early March time with Glenn coming in in October.

My bad.

There were two defeats to Watford and Plymouth, then from 24 November to 16 February we had a run of W9 D6 L1 (that being to a stoppage time goal at Stoke). In contrast, after that game at Leicester the rest of the season read W4 D1 L9.

Roeder''s first few months demonstrated all his qualities - his judgment of players and his contacts with other clubs to get decent loans in and to sort out the side tactically. He was excellent in his first few months. Unfortunately, the longer he was here, the more his negative aspects came in, notably his arrogance and appalling man-management, resulting in players (and fans) being alienated and his over-dependence on loans to plug those gaps. It''s no surprise that this formate has happened everywhere he has worked.

I hope, and think, that Lambert does not have the flaws of personality that Roeder has - the fact that he froze out Hoolahan and Doherty, then brought them back suggests that he does not hold grudges in the same way. I would therefore hope that he will be able to sustain his good run for much longer. Of course, playing Hartlepool and Wycombe rather than West Brom and Newcastle does make things a bit easier...

Lambert has a good track record at Wycombe and Colchester so far with win averages over 40%, (which is what the likes of Martin O''Neill average at Villa), so I have faith that he can maintain the upkeep of a footbal club better than Roeder.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

I hope, and think, that Lambert does not have the flaws of personality that Roeder has - the fact that he froze out Hoolahan and Doherty, then brought them back suggests that he does not hold grudges in the same way. [/quote]

Exactly, I don''t think this guy is on a power trip like Roeder. It''s Roeder''s arrogance that went some way to destroying the good work he put in at the start of his tenure. The team appears pretty settled right now and the players look like theyre enjoying themselves, which shows in the quality football being played. Lambert appears to have the qualities to maintain his good start, we''ll see I guess....

I think Mike Walkers start in 92/93 must be the best start for a Norwich manager,we were top of the premier league for the majority of the first half of that season.

Lambert seems to have faith in younger players, which will only help them as players and Norwich. At League 1 level I believe we should have faith in the younger players, he is not affraid to let them have have a go. Previous managers would have given them a 5 minute run out.

Sterling effort by Lambert and the players!

May it continue

What the hell, we have lost 3 games, that is unforgivable, sack Lambert now....

(oh i''m not being serious... just getting the old post count up :P )

Haha, sneaky one there GP, but well played. Dont worry youll have tom and banana on your arse in no time :D