Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Derek "Del Boy" Davis of the EADT

Whatever happened to that loathsome oik that used to write about the binners in the EADT? I heard he got suspended for the story about ITFC players "that would never play again" at least two of which have been playing reguarly. Stead, Quinner (whoever he is ?) and Garvin were mentioned. Mr Roy was not amused. Those of us that have had to read his fanzine-esque ramblings would hope that he is now Pedigree Chum for Keano''s half starved dogs. Anyone (Cam?) got the lowdown?

He made for good reading, often asking questions that the average journalist should ask.

I think he fell foul of the deluded, dimwits of suffolk rather than the club.

Can''t have anyone questioning the ''mighty'' town can we ? 

Asking whether they ''are loaded'', if the dog walker had fallen out with players or that maybe everything was not so cosy in the land of bin

Bring him back, I say

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Whatever happened to that loathsome oik that used to write about the binners in the EADT? I heard he got suspended for the story about ITFC players "that would never play again" at least two of which have been playing reguarly. Stead, Quinner (whoever he is ?) and Garvin were mentioned. Mr Roy was not amused. Those of us that have had to read his fanzine-esque ramblings would hope that he is now Pedigree Chum for Keano''s half starved dogs. Anyone (Cam?) got the lowdown?[/quote]

He upset Keane but, come on, this is a national sport and if every journo who had upset him was fired there would be a severe shortage of sports journalists.....he''s left the Anglian but it actually had nothing to do with Keane per se.  Admittedly Archant don''t like people who rock the boat a bit but they got him on something entirely different, a breach of Company rules. [:P]  Carl Marston has made his escape from Colchester after many years as the "safe pair of hands" to replace him.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

if every journo who had upset him was fired there would be a severe shortage of sports journalists.....

[/quote]

what a shame that would be