Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

Team for Saturday??

What with it being an easier game than most we''ll play, no disrespect intended to Paulton, who would you go with??

Me personally it''d be:

GK - Rudd

RB - Francombe

CB - Nelson

CB - Askou/Doc

LB - Wiggins

RM - WLY

CM - Korey

CM - Adeyemi/OTJ

LM - Lappin

ST - Cody

ST - Jamie/Hoolahan/Holt/Martin

Not sure if OTJ is fit or not and not sure if it''s worth risking Holt, Hoolahan or Martin but i''m not too keen on Cody and Jamie playing together.

holt and hoolahan are to valuable to lose. To put in perspective how far we and paulton rovers are; leeds lost to histon last year who are two leagues below them, paulton are a further 3 leagues below histon. If paulton found themselves playing just three leagues below that could be a team from the ang comb league. Which from personal experiance as a 16 year old is very very poor.

It''s a great opportunity to give a few of the youingsters another out, Slotting into Lmabert''s team structure rather than making up the bulk of the squad.

It also gives the ''fringe'' players the chance to get a run out as well as thos getting back from injury. It also gives a bit of a break to those nursing niggly injuries.

Can''t really say what the team will be as I''ve no idea who is fit, needs a rest or Lambert wants totry out amongst the more regulars.

Whoever turns out we need wins against Paulton and Swindon. Likewise 6 points at the next two home games and a possible draw at S''oton. Those upcoming games will no doubt determine who turns out at Paulton.

Sorry but I disagree. The last thing I want is to see us crash out to a non-league side live on TV. because we were percieved as being ''cocky'' and putting a reserve team out. This will not be as straightforward as turning up and winning, this is the biggest match in their history, played at their ground with pretty much the whole of the village roaring them on - it has ''banana skin'' written all over it - that''s why ITV are televising it. rest 1 or 2 maybe, but we are in the middle of a good run and need to keep momentum going

I think..          

Rudd

Dumic  Wiggins  Nelson  Askou

Smith  Adeyemi  Russell

Hoolahan

Cody     Holty

I think we can afford to "rest" a couple but not Holty.  Let him run riot and "accidently" pick up a yellow perhaps.  I''d go for :

Rudd

Dumic    Doc    Askou    Wiggins

Smith      Rusty   Hooligan   Lappin

Holty      Cody

Subs: as you like.

I agree with scooby, but maybe be sub hooligan off at HT if we winning, and then holt not long after! We need to win, but as soon as we get say 3 up, I think we need to bring the big guns off.

I''m with you, Saturday Boy. It''s not that our reserve team couldn''t beat Paulton, it''s that the moment you start resting your first-teamers, that''s the moment when people stop taking the game seriously, and we find ourselves looking at a potential upset.

I''d consider leaving Wes out if the pitch is awful - the likelihood of him getting crocked is pretty high, I would think. But the rest would be the strongest side we can put out. Apart from anything else, this is a big game, live on ITV in the FA Cup and I think we should treat it with respect.

Forster

Smith Doc Askou Drury

McVeigh Russell Hughes Lappin

Martin Holt

would be my line up.

If we''re three up at half time, you get Hughes, Holt and Russell off and let Adeyemi OTJ and Cody/Jamie have a run around.

I''d consider a reserve line-up against Swindon, though.

Rudd

Smith          Nelson         Doc         Wiggins

WLY           Gill             OTJ           Lappin

Martin           Jaime

I hope we play our usual team until the game is beyond their reach then by all means put some youngsters on.

I don''t want to be embarressed by losing or struggling live on tv to a non league team of amateurs.

Rudd

Francomb     Dumic    Doc    Wiggins

McVeigh    Hughes      Adeyemi    Lappin

Martin        McDonald     

OTJ Should Not Feature!

We must take this game seriously or we can expect headlines similar to those after our first game this season. As some others have said, we should start with our strongest team or we seriously risk egg on our faces and continued embarrassment for years to come. Paulton have nothing to lose and know that this is their one chance to make history for their club and themselves.

[quote user="paul moy"]We must take this game seriously or we can expect headlines similar to those after our first game this season. As some others have said, we should start with our strongest team or we seriously risk egg on our faces and continued embarrassment for years to come. Paulton have nothing to lose and know that this is their one chance to make history for their club and themselves.[/quote]

Agreed Paul.  BTW, are you going?

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="paul moy"]We must take this game seriously or we can expect headlines similar to those after our first game this season. As some others have said, we should start with our strongest team or we seriously risk egg on our faces and continued embarrassment for years to come. Paulton have nothing to lose and know that this is their one chance to make history for their club and themselves.[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll be watching it on TV,  Lord Horn,  but I will be going to Swindon for the JPT on Tuesday. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

I''ll be watching it on TV,  Lord Horn,  but I will be going to Swindon for the JPT on Tuesday. 

[/quote]

Now that''s what I call a fun evenings entertainment!

Rudd

Smith          Askou         Doc         Wiggins

WLY           Hughes          OTJ           Lappin

Martin           Cody

Holt would come on in the early in the second half to score and get booked.

I wouldnt risk Holt or Hoolahan incase of injury! I can imagine one of the Paulton players thinking ''this is my only chance to get on TV, i might as well try and put Grant Holt in an ambulance! No? Just me?

The only enforced change will be either Rudd or Theo in goal as Newcastle don''t want Foster cup-tied.

I suspect more or less the same team, maybe the Drury and Lappin rested to make way for Wiggins and Dumic, and possibly OTJ for Russell, but that''s about it.

Steer

Osemwegie Dumic Stephens Habergham

Dawkin      Adeyemi     Smith    Clarke

Drmola Nwaogu

Us to win 7-0

[quote user="Scooby"]

I think we can afford to "rest" a couple but not Holty.  Let him run riot and "accidently" pick up a yellow perhaps.  I''d go for :

Rudd

Dumic    Doc    Askou    Wiggins

Smith      Rusty   Hooligan   Lappin

Holty      Cody

Subs: as you like.

[/quote]

Who have you rested? I would rather see Holt on the bench. Incase things start to go wrong. You still don''t understand that we play a diamond midfield. Nelson in for Doc. Gill for Hoolahan. Adeyemi for Russell

I would go for pretty much a full team and think Lambert will too, especially as we are on tv. Would be looking to sub Holty once we (hopefully) get ahead and he has had a chance to kick the ball away for a yellow card (on the basis that means he''ll be suspended for the JPT and not a league game).

Need to find a right back from somewhere. Hopefully Semi or Spillane may be back fit. Last saturday''s line up did not really work although obviously Paulton should not be quite as tough!

id go for a relatively strong side. no matter how much lower in the footballing ladder they are if we dont have holt in the squad we have no height in the team when the crosses come in. he also pretty handy defending corners so i feel holty should play.

[quote user="Lambo"]What with it being an easier game than most we''ll play, no disrespect intended to Paulton, who would you go with?? Me personally it''d be: GK - Rudd RB - Francombe CB - Nelson CB - Askou/Doc LB - Wiggins RM - WLY CM - Korey CM - Adeyemi/OTJ LM - Lappin ST - Cody ST - Jamie/Hoolahan/Holt/Martin Not sure if OTJ is fit or not and not sure if it''s worth risking Holt, Hoolahan or Martin but i''m not too keen on Cody and Jamie playing together.[/quote]

We should put out our strongest team possible, anything else IS not only disrespectful to Paulton but we could end up victim of a classic giant killing. Remember Paulton are at home, playing the game of their lives probably on a dodgy pitch if the photos are anything to go by, this is just not the environment our team are used to at all. I do not expect this to be a cake walk. This is not the JPT or a reserve fixture, so defininately no players who haven''t featured recently. Nothing less than our strongest team and we should run out winners by 2 or 3 goals. Plus what the hell are we resting players for? the JPT? Tranny at home? both much easier fixtures imho.

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]I wouldnt risk Holt or Hoolahan incase of injury! I can imagine one of the Paulton players thinking ''this is my only chance to get on TV, i might as well try and put Grant Holt in an ambulance! No? Just me?[/quote]

Nah! It is more likely that Holt will put one of them in an ambulance.