Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

View from the Hotel

Sorry if this has been posted before but has anybody on this forum watched the game from a room in the hotel, if so how much does it cost, what time can you go in your room and can you park your car outside the hotel?

I also heard there are strict rules, is this true?

why would you want to watch a game from the hotel? the atmosphere at the ground will be so much better on the terraces...

They wont allow you alcohol in view of the pitch will they?

does that hotel actually have any customers? I used to drive past there on the way hoem from workand there was never a single light on in any of the rooms... i know theres pubs and bars etc but not everyone is going to go out...

I still think its the biggest balls up the club ever made... an empty hotel or a corner infill with 200 fans buying pies, programmes and Beer? whats gonna make the money?

We stayed there when back in Norwich for a mates wedding. Got the rooms at half the regular price online, with a pitch view was about £50 which was cheaper than a B&B in Norwich elsewhere. Saw Man U reserves play during pre season, cracker from Tom Adeyemi!! As for timings we checked in well before kick off and so saw the build up and warm up.The view was great, we were half way along so could see all the pitch and corners, this would not have been the case if you were at one end of the hotel. Understandably the windows only opened a couple of inches (safety reasons), consequently all you could hear was the away fans endless chanting - you couldn''t hear the PA system at all. On checking in they did advise you as to the rules and regulations about people/alchol in rooms during the game we didn''t have to sign anything other than the hotel checking in forms.Cheap way for a family/couple to watch the game and stay in a hotel (which was nice inside) but if it''s the footy you want then the atmosphere was poor and I wouldn''t do it again.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]

Sorry if this has been posted before but has anybody on this forum watched the game from a room in the hotel, if so how much does it cost, what time can you go in your room and can you park your car outside the hotel?

I also heard there are strict rules, is this true?

[/quote]

Try the Holiday Inn website.

We do it every year just before Christmas. Like most, I would rather see that corner with a stand, but as the hotel is there we gave it a try 3 years ago. It''s a bit of a treat for the kids, last 2 times we have ended up with a pitch-view room just by sweet-talking the receptionist. However, we always have tickets for the match, so I have no idea what its like watching from the room (wouldnt fancy it to be honets). Good after the match to see the players warming down though. We dont get much chance for home games, so fitting this in with the family Christmas visits is great for us.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Isn''t Forster staying there?[/quote]

Forsters staying here? No wonder we''re skint!

[/quote]

Cureton owns it...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Isn''t Forster staying there?[/quote]

Forsters staying here? No wonder we''re skint!

[/quote]

Is that a hotel in Vegas? It''s nearly as impressive as the Luxor.

If I could watch the game standing on a heap of rubble that was the hotel then I''d be happy.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST