Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rages

Why is promotion our no 1 priority?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I feel prouder when I tell people Norwich is in the Prem than I do when I tell them my scarf is for a club that went down to the 3rd Division for the 1st time in 50+ years. Who wants to support a perennial loser, other than people from Ipsnitch?[/quote]

It''s obviously just me, being a perennial supporter for over half a century of perennial non achievers = Colchester United and Lincoln City but I still wear the colours with pride and celebrate[+o(] what little they have achieved often on a game to game basis.  Are you suggesting that I should switch that allegiance to a more successful club so that I might celebrate more?  Seems a dangerous road to me but each to their own.  Your advice would be appreciated.

I celebrated tonight when Col Who? beat Ilford tonight in the Essex Senior Cup.  I didn''t go mad, admittedly, but we won with a real Roy of the Rovers goal.

I hope none of us are perennial losers but if that''s how it turns out I won''t be less proud or trying to explain it to anyone if it happens to the club I happen to support.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.  I hope to be proud in adversity as well as triumph although, admittedly, I am more versed in the former. 

Obviously things are different over there and winners are all.

Good luck in Afghanistan by the way.

"I feel prouder when I tell people Norwich is in the Prem than I do when I tell them my scarf is for a club that went down to the 3rd Division for the 1st time in 50+ years"

Might be an idea to wait until they ask you first, HC

"Are you accusing our current CE of lying?"

If you think canarycherub is our club''s chairman then you know even less than your posts would normally suggest

ps I think you''ll find I asked canarycherub

[quote user="City1st"]

"Are you accusing our current CE of lying?"

If you think canarycherub is our club''s chairman then you know even less than your posts would normally suggest

ps I think you''ll find I asked canarycherub

[/quote]

Well I''m asking if you are accusing our current CE of lying when he stated that our finances are ''dire''. Ralph Wright.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]We currenty get gates similar to those we had last season, so income in that sense is no worse. Should our piority not be to get new investment? what do we actually gain from promotion other than being one league higher?

All I can see is that we will be bound to pay higher wages for new players and ultimatly be left in a worse position financially.[/quote]

Well, the higher the amount of debt used to buy a company, the better the return in a successful investment.For example, if an investor buys a company for £50m in cash and sells it for £100m,

it makes a return of 100%. If it uses £10m in cash and £40m in debt,

then the returns are far higher.What I''m saying is, there are investors out there, but they''re waiting to take us on at a greater debt.Crazy how the beautiful game has gone innit?

I think you''ll find this thread is about Norwich City, not your load of crooks down the A140

now run along binboy .... and maybe take your ''friend'' binboy babes with you

[quote user="City1st"]

I think you''ll find this thread is about Norwich City, not your load of crooks down the A140

[/quote]

Idiot.

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Name''s changed - but nothing else''s changed....Eh Ralphy.

Shyster

Your post came in between a response to one of our resident binners, so accept that it was aimed at him not you

As to whether I have any wish to engage with some desperate saddo from suffolk then no

To paraphrase another binner

Bye Bye Binboy

[quote user="City1st"]

Shyster

Your post came in between a response to one of our resident binners, so accept that it was aimed at him not you

As to whether I have any wish to engage with some desperate saddo from suffolk then no

Bye Bye Binboy

[/quote]

On this occasion I will accept your apology, but please in future use the quote function.

[quote user="City1st"]

Shyster

Bye Bye Binboy

[/quote]

I''m not going anywhere....Ralphy.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Name''s changed - but nothing else''s changed....Eh Ralphy.

[/quote]

Oh Walphy you''re back. Your so stwong walphy. And you''re such a hoot walphy - always making excuses for Delia''s leadership failings.

When did they let you out?

And why change your name? Hiding are you?

OTBC

Promotion will make us a much more attractive proposition for investment...Simples!

If you had taken seconds to look at the end of season cash prizes for Championship and L1 you could have avoided looking silly....[quote user="Yellow Rages"]We currenty get gates similar to those we had last season, so income in that sense is no worse. Should our piority not be to get new investment? what do we actually gain from promotion other than being one league higher?

All I can see is that we will be bound to pay higher wages for new players and ultimatly be left in a worse position financially.[/quote]

[quote user="City1st"]

Yellow rages your argument is based on false assumptions ie me claiming that as you are sat on a pink elephant what is the best method for you to climb off. Any answer by you would be fruitless as I would constantly come back to you being on an elephant.

What is this guff about stabilising the club you keep warbling about ?

What do you think would be the reaction of fans if the club were to issue the kind of statement you a chuntering on about.

" Our priority is to find some asset stripper as opposed to winning games and gaining promotion "

Why are you so concerned about our current success, if your theory is correct we will not succeed as we don''t have one of these ''investors''.

[/quote]

I like your imagination you could possibly write some good books. Again, I haven''t once suggested the club look or asset strippers, nor have I suggested we do that instead of tryig to gain promotion. If you don''t understand this post where every one else seems too then I think you should just leave it alone. I''m not expecting agreement, this is a debate afterall but keep it relevent and read what is written before you bother to join in because i''m not going to waste my time correcting you again.

[quote user="ref89"]If you had taken seconds to look at the end of season cash prizes for Championship and L1 you could have avoided looking silly....[quote user="Yellow Rages"]We currenty get gates similar to those we had last season, so income in that sense is no worse. Should our piority not be to get new investment? what do we actually gain from promotion other than being one league higher?

All I can see is that we will be bound to pay higher wages for new players and ultimatly be left in a worse position financially.[/quote][/quote]

Do those bountiful prizes answer our financial needs? I don''t think you understand how bad our position is. You would look silly as a CEO if you banked on promotion as our saviour.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="City1st"]

Yellow rages your argument is based on false assumptions ie me claiming that as you are sat on a pink elephant what is the best method for you to climb off. Any answer by you would be fruitless as I would constantly come back to you being on an elephant.

What is this guff about stabilising the club you keep warbling about ?

What do you think would be the reaction of fans if the club were to issue the kind of statement you a chuntering on about.

" Our priority is to find some asset stripper as opposed to winning games and gaining promotion "

Why are you so concerned about our current success, if your theory is correct we will not succeed as we don''t have one of these ''investors''.

[/quote] I like your imagination you could possibly write some good books. Again, I haven''t once suggested the club look or asset strippers, nor have I suggested we do that instead of tryig to gain promotion. If you don''t understand this post where every one else seems too then I think you should just leave it alone. I''m not expecting agreement, this is a debate afterall but keep it relevent and read what is written before you bother to join in because i''m not going to waste my time correcting you again.[/quote]

City1st/Ralph Wright is a renowned wind-up merchant who calls everyone he doesn`t agree with a binner or worse.  Just look at his evasion of a simple question on this thread.  If ever you want a definition of a mental keyboard warrior look no further.....

Best to ignore or do what i do- laugh [:D]