Sign in to follow this  
Barry Brockes

Re: Looks like Mendham needs...

I''m not clever enough to do a link but the gist of it is that he was out of jail but, despite an order preventing him from trying to contact the woman he attacked, guess what he did. Got it in one. Tried to contact her so he''s now back inside.

It''s his dad I really feel sorry for. Elderly and not in great health, this is the last thing he needs. What a stupid thing to do!

In fairness I don''t think it is a particularily great comment to be making. Someone who is mentally healthy probably wouldnt take a knife to someone either.From what I have heard through the grapevine the woman involved is certainly no angel which is why she advocated for a leanient term.I would also like to re-iterate what I said at the time. That whilst it does not justify what he did people need to remember what he gave to the community too with his football schools and his hard work for the Air Ambulance, what we see now is a very troubled man and to be honest one I feel deserves more than off the cuff flippant comments.

[quote user="chicken"]

From what I have heard through the grapevine the woman involved is certainly no angel which is why she advocated for a leanient term.

[/quote]

I don''t see what that has to do with this. In fact it''s dangerously close to suggesting that she was asking for it.

[quote user="chicken"]

I would also like to re-iterate what I said at the time. That whilst it does not justify what he did people need to remember what he gave to the community too with his football schools and his hard work for the Air Ambulance, what we see now is a very troubled man and to be honest one I feel deserves more than off the cuff flippant comments.
[/quote]

That''s all very well if you extend the same courtesy to all criminals. Would you take his charity work into consideration if his victim had actually died and he was convicted of manslaughter or if he had been a child abuser with a record of raising money for charity? I don''t doubt that he is ''troubled'', and I suspect most people who commit such crimes are, but you have to be consistent and he''s acted like an enormous tit.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]His bloody head looking at.[/quote]

is this any of yours (or our) business??

[/quote]EDP ran a story on it so yeah, I think it is up for us to discuss.So jog on and have a little read.... http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED04+Nov+2009+16%3A22%3A01%3A900

[quote user="chicken"]In fairness I don''t think it is a particularily great comment to be making. Someone who is mentally healthy probably wouldnt take a knife to someone either.From what I have heard through the grapevine the woman involved is certainly no angel which is why she advocated for a leanient term.I would also like to re-iterate what I said at the time. That whilst it does not justify what he did people need to remember what he gave to the community too with his football schools and his hard work for the Air Ambulance, what we see now is a very troubled man and to be honest one I feel deserves more than off the cuff flippant comments.[/quote]

He almost MURDERED someone there is no excuse or reason.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="chicken"]From what I have heard through the grapevine the woman involved is certainly no angel which is why she advocated for a leanient term.

[/quote]

I don''t see what that has to do with this. In fact it''s dangerously close to suggesting that she was asking for it.[quote user="chicken"]

I would also like to re-iterate what I said at the time. That whilst it does not justify what he did people need to remember what he gave to the community too with his football schools and his hard work for the Air Ambulance, what we see now is a very troubled man and to be honest one I feel deserves more than off the cuff flippant comments.[/quote]

That''s all very well if you extend the same courtesy to all criminals. Would you take his charity work into consideration if his victim had actually died and he was convicted of manslaughter or if he had been a child abuser with a record of raising money for charity? I don''t doubt that he is ''troubled'', and I suspect most people who commit such crimes are, but you have to be consistent and he''s acted like an enormous tit.

[/quote]Where do I say that it was justified or that it he should be treated differently to any other criminal in regards to his crime?All I have suggested is that it is not as clear cut as some would think. Yes he should not have stabbed someone and if people actually read up I think you will find it was not ATTEMPTED MURDER but manslaughter. Not different in some peoples eyes but there is a difference.All I have said is that there obviously is mental issues at hand here and that making light out of someone who prior to this was an upstanding member of our community and, so far as I am aware, no history of violence prior to this is incredibly harsh.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="chicken"]From what I have heard through the grapevine the woman involved is certainly no angel which is why she advocated for a leanient term.

[/quote]

I don''t see what that has to do with this. In fact it''s dangerously close to suggesting that she was asking for it.[quote user="chicken"]

I would also like to re-iterate what I said at the time. That whilst it does not justify what he did people need to remember what he gave to the community too with his football schools and his hard work for the Air Ambulance, what we see now is a very troubled man and to be honest one I feel deserves more than off the cuff flippant comments.[/quote]

[/quote]Where do I say that it was justified or that it he should be treated differently to any other criminal in regards to his crime?All I have suggested is that it is not as clear cut as some would think. Yes he should not have stabbed someone and if people actually read up I think you will find it was not ATTEMPTED MURDER but manslaughter. Not different in some peoples eyes but there is a difference.All I have said is that there obviously is mental issues at hand here and that making light out of someone who prior to this was an upstanding member of our community and, so far as I am aware, no history of violence prior to this is incredibly harsh.[/quote]NO BLOODY EDIT BUTTON!I meant if he had killed it would have been manslaughter not murder.

I''d like to say that I do have a small amount knowledge of this situation and have known (very loosly) both involved. Please can I ask that people think before they post as things like this can be hurtful to those involved, especially as familys connected to them will undoubtably read Norwich City related materials. (on both sides)

There are no excuses for what has happened, I''m just asking for some thought before posting. I know that if my or someone i knew''s life spiralled out of control as a result of something I did/was done to me I would not appreciate it.

Cheers

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="chicken"]

From what I have heard through the grapevine the woman involved is certainly no angel which is why she advocated for a leanient term.

[/quote]

I don''t see what that has to do with this. In fact it''s dangerously close to suggesting that she was asking for it.

[/quote]

Context, context, context - theres usually two sides to a situation.  Whats reported tends to be part of the picture. Let me give you an example that has nothing to do with a domestic. This morning on Talksport, Parry and I think it was Dennis were going on about some Rugby Club not being able to have a bonfire etc.due to ''elf and safety. When the spoke to someone at the Rugby Club it seemed that they didn''t have the bonfire due to a lack of space rather than ''elf and safety!   

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Just to say I have talked with Peter a couple of times over the years and he struck me as a reasonable person. Hence I was surprised by what has happened to him and I hope things get better for him.[/quote]

That''s funny because when I talked to him he was constantly sharpening a kitchen knife, slobbering like a rabid dog and muttering "I''m gonna kill her" over and over again. Apart from that he showed no signs of being unreasonable... [8-)]

[quote user="taintedtom2000"]

I''d like to say that I do have a small amount knowledge of this situation and have known (very loosly) both involved. Please can I ask that people think before they post as things like this can be hurtful to those involved, especially as familys connected to them will undoubtably read Norwich City related materials. (on both sides)

There are no excuses for what has happened, I''m just asking for some thought before posting. I know that if my or someone i knew''s life spiralled out of control as a result of something I did/was done to me I would not appreciate it.

Cheers

[/quote]

Well said. Spot on.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="taintedtom2000"]

Cheers

[/quote]

Well said. Spot on.

[/quote]Why''s that then?  I mean, EDP runs a story plus picture of Mendham with a face liked a slapped arse.  Most people I should imagine thinks he was lucky to receive a light sentence,  then after a parole release he leaves his brain at home while violating his parole.  A few people stroll along and say, people should think before posting because of the families.  Well **** me,  Mendham should have thought about that before he acted like a James Hunt.   You can''t dump responsibility of his actions onto us for commenting of stuff that is in the public domain.

Ofcourse Dicky but what is being said is that you get facts straight rather than taking things at first glance which can make you look a little silly.For example you don''t know how or why he breached his parole or what happened exactly in the first instance and others have suggested attempted murder etc which again is not what he has been punnished for.So when you add assumptions to things it will offend people involved.