Sign in to follow this  
Scot-e-dog

Bristol Canaries Going to Paulton?

Are any Bristol Canaries going to Paulton this weekend?I''m trying to decide how to travel.  I don''t know whether to go by bus (the 178 from Temple Meads) or by car.If I go by car, I''ll have two spare spaces if anyone wants a lift, but I need to find out about parking first.

The old Focus DIY HQ is opening its car park for the game - it''s a 10-minute walk to the ground.

If coming from Bristol you can either go through Paulton, past the football ground on your left and take a right onto the A362/West Road or bypass Paulton and go through Farrington Gurney (further along the A37) which leads onto the A362/West Road.

Paulton Rovers have told us there''s loads of spaces there.

Cheers Pete - just looked it up on Google Earth - bit more than a 10 min walk, but not too far.  I''ll go by car I think.I wanted to go to the Little Chef in Farrington Gurney any way as they are selling Paulton/Norwich half-half scarves. I thought I''d get one for a laugh.Doesn''t sound as if many of the Bristol Canary bunch are going.

They''re selling those scarves at the ground, along with FA Cup special t-shirts, I got one of both when I was down there on Wednesday.

After the game I recommend you stop for some food at the Warwick Arms in Clutton on the way back to Bristol - tailor-made steaks....

I noticed this on the Paulton Rovers website regarding parking:

There will be parking available on a first come, first served basis at: -

a) the former Focus DIY head office at the rear of their store at Old Mills, Paulton, Nr Bristol, BS39 7SW. The ground is a 10/15 minute walk away (all up hill!). Those travelling from Bristol on the A37 should left at Farrington Gurney traffic lights (just past the Little Chef) and after the sharp double bend the store is ou the left.
b) there will also be a further 60 spaces at Elms Hayes Surgery, Clandown Road, Paulton, BS39 7SF, which is adjacent to Paulton Hospital. This is past the Focus car park straight over the first roundabout and then turn left at the next roundabout. The surgery is on the right at the top of the second hill.

These Car Parks are not operated by Paulton Rovers and may incur a charge.

THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC PARKING AT THE GROUND ON MATCH DAY.