Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

David McNally & NCFC Shareholders Association

David McNally was the ''Guest'' and down to answer questions at the AGM last night.

Anything interesting emerge?

Or are the proceedings considered private?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

David McNally was the ''Guest'' and down to answer questions at the AGM last night.

OTBC

[/quote]

Bump.

Nobody knows anything?

OTBC

[8]Come on, baby
(Do the bump, bump)
Let''s do the twist
(Do the bump, bump)
Come on, baby
(Do the bump, bump)
Let''s do the twist
(Ooo, the bump, bump)
Take me by my lil'' ol'' hand, now
(Ooo, na-na-na-now)
And go like this[8]

[;)][:D][<:o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[8]Come on, baby
(Do the bump, bump)
Let''s do the twist
(Do the bump, bump)
Come on, baby
(Do the bump, bump)
Let''s do the twist
(Ooo, the bump, bump)
Take me by my lil'' ol'' hand, now
(Ooo, na-na-na-now)
And go like this[8]

[;)][:D][<:o)]

[/quote]

[:-*]

Glad you liked it [:D][;)][<:o)]

[:-*]

OTBC

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Blimey this one went away quietly then[/quote]

Seems so.

Rather strange, eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

Yes it is rather, was this meeting widely publicised then?

I haven''t seen anything about it, not even on here until you posted about it.

OTBC

[/quote]

I personally do not know but perhaps members of the NCFC Shareholders Association are not contributors to this message board?

As I understand, the going rate for "membership" of  the Shareholders Association is £25,000. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I personally do not know but perhaps members of the NCFC Shareholders Association are not contributors to this message board?

As I understand, the going rate for "membership" of  the Shareholders Association is £25,000. 

[/quote]

Closed shop....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Closed shop....

[/quote]

It''s not a closed shop if you have £25,000.  It''s a hello and welcome just as it should be. [:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

£25k related to Associate Directors.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Closed shop....

[/quote]

It''s not a closed shop if you have £25,000.  It''s a hello and welcome just as it should be. [:D]

[/quote]

It''s a closed shop to those who have a spare £25,000.....Are they keen on a new owner?

I thought that was the entree to the Associated Directors thingy.

But either way the members of the Shareholders Association have not reported back to this message board at the moment.  I don''t know why either.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I thought that was the entree to the Associated Directors thingy.

But either way the members of the Shareholders Association have not reported back to this message board at the moment.  I don''t know why either.

[/quote]

Has Mr. Bowkett resigned from his position at the Association? If not, well then.......

Blimey, just when you thought the Supporters Consultative Group were dead and buried.

A rose by any other name? [:|][+o(]

Who knows? [:D]

Clarification

I believe that membership is 10 pounds per annum and is open to any shareholder.

I joined the NCFC Shareholders Association on purchasing 4 shares in the first public share offer ''thingy'' (seems to be the word of the week on here) for the grand sum of 100 pounds I think it was.

I''m not an active member as most of my time is spent abroad these days. But I occassionally get notices, minutes etc. in a characteristic buff envelope. I received my AGM ''thingies'' on the 3rd Nov - the day of the meeting.

I noted that McNally was listed as ''The Guest'' and down to answer questions, and I thought he might have something interesting to say. But maybe it''s confidential - I don''t know.

OTBC

Let''s look on the bright side of this.  At the time the shares were valued at £25 a go apparently.  Like Delia''s current evaluation you might have paid over the odds then.[:|]

Who knows?

Hopefully a characteristic buff envelope will turn up with the Q&A or not as the case may be. 

There are roughly 300 members of the shareholders association all paying £10 a year subscription mainly by standing order on their bank.

The shareholders association does not have the right to access the Register of Shareholders of NCFC and there are no automatic checks so anyone can join by simply saying they are a shareholder.

There are Committee Meetings held approx 8 times a year and the members of the Committee are elected generally en block at the AGM. Committe Meetings are considered to be private and subjects discussed are not specifically passed on to members.

Surplus funds are usually handed over to the club. The membership secretary receives a modest honorarium for his/her efforts. The Association was originally founded many years ago when a Norfolk man was trying to get enough support to make a bid for the club.

The Directors of NCFC are not members of the Shareholders Association.

[quote user="Bobert"]There are roughly 300 members of the shareholders association all paying £10 a year subscription mainly by standing order on their bank. The shareholders association does not have the right to access the Register of Shareholders of NCFC and there are no automatic checks so anyone can join by simply saying they are a shareholder. There are Committee Meetings held approx 8 times a year and the members of the Committee are elected generally en block at the AGM. Committe Meetings are considered to be private and subjects discussed are not specifically passed on to members. Surplus funds are usually handed over to the club. The membership secretary receives a modest honorarium for his/her efforts. The Association was originally founded many years ago when a Norfolk man was trying to get enough support to make a bid for the club. The Directors of NCFC are not members of the Shareholders Association.[/quote]

If this message board is anything to go by there''s lots of support. Just no cash. [:)]

[quote user="Bobert"]There are roughly 300 members of the shareholders association all paying £10 a year subscription mainly by standing order on their bank. The shareholders association does not have the right to access the Register of Shareholders of NCFC and there are no automatic checks so anyone can join by simply saying they are a shareholder. There are Committee Meetings held approx 8 times a year and the members of the Committee are elected generally en block at the AGM. Committe Meetings are considered to be private and subjects discussed are not specifically passed on to members. Surplus funds are usually handed over to the club. The membership secretary receives a modest honorarium for his/her efforts. The Association was originally founded many years ago when a Norfolk man was trying to get enough support to make a bid for the club. The Directors of NCFC are not members of the Shareholders Association.[/quote]

As I remember it Bobert it was back in the 80''s and was kind of a protest group? I remember getting some correspondence at that time so I''m thinking it''s that. I seem to remember the shareholders didn''t feel they had much of a say. But if it is that, and in the light of what you say about access to the Register of Shareholders, I''m wondering how I got the correspondence in the first place.

I too pay my annual £10, again for the measly two shares I own, to be a member of the Association. My motivation is merely defensive, I have no intention of ever selling my stake in th company, and should there ever be a hostile takeover, this Association is more than likely to be be the main line of defence.

As Nutty said all members of the Assoication received notice of the meeting with Mr Bowkett noted as special guest. Living in Sheffield it was too far for me to travel to attend. If anyone did attend it would be great to hear about it, if nothing else could someone send me the minutes.

Or has it all gone quiet because like at SCG meetings, attenders have been asked to maintain Chatham House rules?

[quote user="Bobert"]. The shareholders association does not have the right to access the Register of Shareholders of NCFC and there are no automatic checks so anyone can join by simply saying they are a shareholder. [/quote]

Until recently, shareholders had the right to access the register of shareholders and have a copy of the list of shareholders. As a result of people misusing the shareholder list, e.g., Animal Rights protestors having a go at individual shareholders of various companies, a company may ask why you want a copy of the list but I dont think it can be witheld if the request is reasonable (there was a change in the last Companies Act).

So if the Shareholders Association wanted a list of the shareholders of NCFC Plc., subject to a payment I can''t see NCFC Plc saying no to that request.

[quote user="shefcanary"]I too pay my annual £10, again for the measly two shares I own, to be a member of the Association. My motivation is merely defensive, I have no intention of ever selling my stake in th company, and should there ever be a hostile takeover, this Association is more than likely to be be the main line of defence. [/quote]

Only if it holds at least 25% to stop a special resolution and that depends on how the special resolutions are defined. Even then that may not be enough....after all they only have to buy out the majority shareholding of The Stowmarket Two and ignore everybody else even if they didn''t buy your shares via a takeover.

If you look on the Club official site the contact telephone no.and the e-mail address of the Shareholders Association are listed amongst the supporters groups.

The Chairman is Terry PYLE.

The Vice Chairman is Colin TOVELL.

The Secretary is Trevor PYLE.

The Treasurer is Peter WOLSEY.

Committee members include Roy BLOWER and Sue BEAR.

They have 245 members who pay £10 a year and any of the 6000 or so shareholders can join.

As for the AGM Tuesday night the attendance was 17.The Chief Executive was stuck in London and called off two hours before the meeting.

None of those i named above are contributors to this messageboard as far as i am aware hence the lack of information.

Companies House, current as of last month.

Paper copy of a bulk shareholder list (from fiche):
 first 20 pages £12.50
 per page thereafter 20p
 Microfiche:
 Archive microfiche (copy of documents received up to 31.12.02) £9.00
 Microfiche copy of a bulk shareholders list £12.50
 DVD ROM:
 DVD ROM copy of a bulk shareholders list delivered by post£8.50

We have not asked for a shareholders list since May of this year but we have never been asked why, merely the credit card details.

As I remember it the up to date Register of Members is kept at the Registered Office of the Company and is available to members of the Company 14 days prior to the date of the AGM at times convenient to the Secretary.

The shareholder details at Companies House can be as much as 3 years out of date as a full list only has to be filed every three years but truth is, in my original post, I forgot about the Companies House list.