Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Pinkun article on new defender... who on earth writes these?

Why on earth is someone writing about Norwich city when they still think Luke Chadwick is part of the setup.

From the pinkun article on new defender...

"There are other concerns, with midfielders Stephen Hughes and Matt Gill and striker Luke Chadwick likely to be missing."

What was he smoking when he wrote that...Or was it a re-hashed old article and just forgot to cut and paste up to date players in the gaps?

Lakey must have been on the ale last night!

He also says the queue for the DRESSING ROOM was getting longer by the day in reference to our growing injury list!

"There are other concerns, with midfielders Stephen Hughes and Matt Gill and striker Luke Chadwick likely to be missing."Lakey, I know you read this - you are a bloody joke.

Would be interesting to know from someone back "home" whether or not these made the printed version of the EDP/EEN without being corrected?

[quote user="Destort"]

Why on earth is someone writing about Norwich city when they still think Luke Chadwick is part of the setup.

From the pinkun article on new defender...

"There are other concerns, with midfielders Stephen Hughes and Matt Gill and striker Luke Chadwick likely to be missing."

[/quote]Haha! I just read that and came on here to post about it. Ridiculous article- not only did Chadwick leave over a year ago but he was never a striker either. It also mentioned a ''queue for the dressing room'' when the author clearly meant ''treatment room''. What''s worse is that someone got paid to write that article!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Would be interesting to know from someone back "home" whether or not these made the printed version of the EDP/EEN without being corrected?[/quote]

Luke Daley in the printed version. Presumably both versions were copied from Lakey''s original and only one party was on the ball?

Mr Lakey apologises profusely - a result of too many hours on the road between here and Paulton and a long, long day on Thursday.

Bless! Does that also explain why two separate articles about potential signings in two completely separate positions begin with the phrase "Norwich City boss Paul Lambert could be close to bringing in only his

second new signing as the full extent of his injury problems come to

light" ???Cut and paste lazy lazy plod plod, sit in car, munch on Ginsters, plod plod cut paste, munch plod. Journo journo, munch plod cut paste.Bum!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Mr Lakey apologises profusely - a result of too many hours on the road between here and Paulton and a long, long day on Thursday.[/quote]

You missed your chance there Peter.(Parker)

Your Brutus moment to wield the knife and take his place has now passed you must now remain forever in his shadow!(large as it is)[;)]

As it seems to be open season on Chris, I''ll be counsel for the defense. Clearly there are a couple of errors in the article, but who doesn''t make mistakes at work? Given that the poor bloke has had to go down to Paulton ( the return apparently took 8 hours) for the midweek press conference and is driving  back again today) as well as his normal stuff, he''s probably feeling a bit frazzled.

I''ve known him for many years and he''s very professional and a very good journalist who is mortified about this. Perhaps we could give him a break, unless we are all so perfect we can take the moral high ground with a clear conscience?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

As it seems to be open season on Chris, I''ll be counsel for the defense. Clearly there are a couple of errors in the article, but who doesn''t make mistakes at work? Given that the poor bloke has had to go down to Paulton ( the return apparently took 8 hours) for the midweek press conference and is driving  back again today) as well as his normal stuff, he''s probably feeling a bit frazzled.

I''ve known him for many years and he''s very professional and a very good journalist who is mortified about this. Perhaps we could give him a break, unless we are all so perfect we can take the moral high ground with a clear conscience?

[/quote]

Spoil Sport![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]I agree Beau, but would really like to add - who cares?! It is obviously a simple mistake - I''m quite sure Chris Lakey doesn''t actually think Luke Chadwick is one of our strikers, and it didn''t go out in the print edition.Honestly, are people really so bored they have to moan about a couple of simple errors?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I just came over all protective! I did, however, enjoy the bit on Anglia News last night where he appeared to be interviewing Michael Nelson''s navel. We just don''t grow well in the Fens[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I just came over all protective! I did, however, enjoy the bit on Anglia News last night where he appeared to be interviewing Michael Nelson''s navel. We just don''t grow well in the Fens[:D]

[/quote]

Oh THATS what he was doing. Phew thank God for that!!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Mr Lakey apologises profusely - a result of too many hours on the road between here and Paulton and a long, long day on Thursday.[/quote]i have long days too but can still remember chadwick isnt a bloody norwich player.

Yes absolutely, how dare people expect the correct facts, grammar and some proof reading to be done in this day and age.  Outrageous.  Nothing surely projects such a negative image in an industry whose entire reason for being is to get those three things right?But hey its ok, he said he was tired.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]I agree Beau, but would really like to add - who cares?! It is obviously a simple mistake - I''m quite sure Chris Lakey doesn''t actually think Luke Chadwick is one of our strikers, and it didn''t go out in the print edition.Honestly, are people really so bored they have to moan about a couple of simple errors?[/quote]

Reminds me when I was at a NCFC game with my dad. And he shouted shoot Cureton, it was actually Carl Cort "/

I dont think Carl Cort and Jamie Cureton could look any different. like calling Megan Fox, Susan Boyle.

I think I know why Lakey made that mistake, he was just so used to writing that Chadwick is injured, makes sense.

I think if I was Carl Cort, I might want to shoot Cureton.

Lakey writes thousands of words a week. He got one wrong. Bit embarrassing that the word he did mean is almost an anagram of his own surname, but it must be pretty slow Friday if people are having a go at him for this.

Beausant old chap, I think you have misunderstood the nature of most beasts that inhabit this messageboard.  The moral high ground is their address.  A simple letter-bomb addressed to "The moral high ground, Norfolk" would reduce the traffic on here to nil.

Free website in makes an editorial mistake shocker! Considering the

paid-for print version was (apparently) correctly proof-read, I don''t really see what moaning for moaning''s sake is really going to achieve.

[quote user="ref89"]Yes absolutely, how dare people expect the correct

facts, grammar and some proof reading to be done in this day and age. 

Outrageous.  Nothing surely projects such a negative image in an industry whose entire reason for being is to get those three things right?But hey its ok, he said he was tired.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Beauseant"]

As

it seems to be open season on Chris, I''ll be counsel for the defense.

Clearly there are a couple of errors in the article, but who doesn''t

make mistakes at work? Given that the poor bloke has had to go down to

Paulton ( the return apparently took 8 hours) for the midweek press

conference and is driving  back again today) as well as his normal

stuff, he''s probably feeling a bit frazzled.

I''ve known him for many years and he''s very professional and a very

good journalist who is mortified about this. Perhaps we could give him

a break, unless we are all so perfect we can take the moral high ground

with a clear conscience?

[/quote]I agree Beau, but would

really like to add - who cares?! It is obviously a simple mistake - I''m

quite sure Chris Lakey doesn''t actually think Luke Chadwick is one of

our strikers, and it didn''t go out in the print edition.Honestly, are people really so bored they have to moan about a couple of simple errors?[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Beausant old chap, I think you have misunderstood the nature of most beasts that inhabit this messageboard.  The moral high ground is their address.  A simple letter-bomb addressed to "The moral high ground, Norfolk" would reduce the traffic on here to nil.
[/quote]

Thanks for putting me straight Blah. I''m preparing the Semtex as we speak..................[;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Beausant old chap, I think you have misunderstood the nature of most beasts that inhabit this messageboard.  The moral high ground is their address.  A simple letter-bomb addressed to "The moral high ground, Norfolk" would reduce the traffic on here to nil.
[/quote]

Then you must be a ''minor'' in the pits of the ''Moral Underground''.........