Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Not sure if i belive it myself

A mate of mine thats in the air force has been home on leave staying with his old man in the norfolk area, his dads company has a box at carrow road and it''s sort of a weekly get together for him and his workmates to have a drink and the like. his dad is quite well known around the club and my mate recons that before sven got injured he was due to be part of a swap deal with southampton in jan, to fill in the place left when beattie goes.

The deal was, the pitifull amount of money the board came up with for transfers + sven for peter crouch. apparently harry redknapp likes the look of sven and thinks he can fill the boots of beattie and hold the ball up and lay it off for phillips to fire them in when beattie leaves.

my next thought was that he has been playing crouch, so why get sven? the only thing i can think is that he wants more control of the ball on the floor, and not just a bean pole that can head the ball. if crouch comes this way that meens long ball after long ball up the field for him to head in no particular direction. ugly football, but it might just keep us in the premiership

with sven injured i cant see this happening, but what are your views on this?

i reckon we should go for it, nick crouch and keep svensson!