Sign in to follow this  
Archie

First game

here is the old one MG7 to save everyone doing it all over again
for some reason every now and again i think that i went to a different game first.peter would it be possible to check which of the following two games we played first,it would put my mind at rest
swindon 3-3 norwich (93 ish)
norwich 1-2 spurs (93 ish too)

My first game was the final match of 1985-86 season (i think although it might have been the year after) as a nipper against Everton at CR. Everton had to win the game to become champions and did so 1-0. Pat van den Haawe scored after 45 seconds I believe!

Was sitting in the old family enclosure in the South Stand and went with my Dad as part of a Sunday School outing! Ironic that it was Christianity that introduced me to City which has since become my religion. It was God''s way of showing me the light and telling me to support Norwich I suppose. The church bit has long since passed me by however.

Tottenham 83-84. We won 2-1. I remember we scored first(Bertschin?), and as we were celebrating Ally Dick equalized. Mike Channon won it for us with an absolute cracker, right in front of me. Off he went, windmilling around the pitch and i was yellow and green forever.
Thanks to my dad for taking me to games even though he is an Everton fan. OTBC