Sign in to follow this  
Colorado Canary

Most Celebrated City Goal

Saw this thread on another site and it got me thinking. For me it has to Malky''s goal in the play-off semi versus Wolves. Failing that I never tire of seeing Flecky''s last minute goal against Millwall at the Old Den back in the late 80''s. It was live on TV too!

Like it. Also remember going nuts when Andy Linighan scored for Arsenal to send us into Europe. Not technically a city goal but scored by an ex-player to our benefit. Certain amount of Karma!!

Not asking for favorite  but most celebrated I undersatand ?  Only one really ..........Jerry Goss against the mighty Bayern Munich..................we are the only english team EVER to beat them at the olympic Stadium................surely this has to be most celebrated ?

Remember everyone going nuts at Reading away (Mullers, assist from the ref) and Lappin against Luton. At home recent memory serves up Stockport and Wolves in playoff season, Drury against Middlesbrough and Ashton against Newcastle - Green stood on the railings of the Barclay - celebrated too much and fell into us Lower Barclayers.

Steeno''s long range curler!Svensson''s quick fire goal against Charlton.Drury against Middlesborough - especially as he never scores!and as mentioned, Ashton vs Newcastle - what a goal as well!But, for me, it definitely has to be McKenzie putting us 2 goals to the good against Man U. Can you remember that feeling? Absolutely amazing!

I remember in the premiership at the business end of the season I remember we had played Birmingham and beaten them? Anyway the scores came through from the other games and Palace and Southampton had drawn. I remember everyone in the Barclay going absolutely nuts.  Not saying its the most celebrated or even a city goal, but its a happy memory.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]I remember in the premiership at the business end of the season I remember we had played Birmingham and beaten them? Anyway the scores came through from the other games and Palace and Southampton had drawn. I remember everyone in the Barclay going absolutely nuts.  Not saying its the most celebrated or even a city goal, but its a happy memory.

[/quote]God could I have said remember many more times!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Remember everyone going nuts at Reading away (Mullers, assist from the ref) and Lappin against Lutton. At home recent memory serves up Stockport and Wolves in playoff season, Drury against Middlesbrough and Ashton against Newcastle - Green stood on the railings of the Barclay - celebrated too much and fell into us Lower Barclayers.[/quote]That goal against Reading was awesome. There was about 4,000 of us there that day and I can tell you know that every single one of us went absolutely mental when we scored, was fantastic.

Steve Bruce v Ipswich. Milk Cup Semi Final 1985. A hugely satisfying thumping header.

For me it has to be John Polston''s against Villa during the season when we finished 3rd. Electric atmosphere on a Tuesday night and the win put us back top of the league with just a handful of games to go. Shame we couldn''t finish the job

Most celebrated would be Safri''s screamer aganist Newcastle (although I was in the Carrow toilets at the time.

Fondest goals are

Iwan scoring and celebrating right in front of me when on the front row, and of course his goal in the play off final

Mulryne''s free kick, I think against Ipswich, and Malky sat at one end of the wall and pushed them all to one side for Farther Mulryne to curl one into the net.

Dave Phillips socring a double footed volley from just inside the box... spectacular!!!

Huckleberry Hound scoring against Birmingham, what a run, and Arsenal, smashed past Jens!

List time, the memories fade.

Bellars against the Scum.  It was the first game at theirs since the 5-1, epic celebrations and quite a bit of the Portaloo got taken apart and brought back to Norfolk or left on the pitch.

Brucie against the Scum, an historic evening and then on the pitch afterwards to taunt them.

Chris Sutton putting us one nil up at Old Trafford just a few days before we went off to Munich, it’s good to be older sometimes!

Iwan at the Millennium Stadium, we were there if only for a short while.

Saf against Newcastle, great player and an even better goal

Hux against Brum, one of greatest best ever goal for the club

Andy Johnson scoring at Ayresome Park to seal out third place finish in the Premiership, Europe beckoned.

Marco Van Robins lobbing Seaman (excuse the pun) on the opening day of the season in 1992, 2-0 to win 2-4

Blimey you could go on for hours with this one!

[quote user="dpit"]Steve Bruce v Ipswich. Milk Cup Semi Final 1985. A hugely satisfying thumping header.[/quote]

Seconded.....couldn''t speak for days afterwards!

My God there have been so many but the two i went most mental for were....

1. Goss at home agiast Bayern Munich.  The whole ground went mntal.

2. Iwan at the Millenium it was short lived but i went crazy and while jumping up and down my knee hit my mate right in the crown jewels and left him lying on the floor in agony!!

All the obvious ones (Steeno, Goss, Hucks etc), but also another less obvious one: Earnie''s goal in the dying minutes at The Hawthorns. It wasmy girlfriend''s first City game and for the most part it was an absolute stinker, made worse by the freezing cold weather. I knew that if the game ended 0-0 I would have struggled to convince her to join me at Carrow Road every week. So, when Earnie thumped in the winner, we yellows went absolutely mental, mesmerizing my ladyfriend and getting her to utter the phrase I wanted so badly to hear: "Can we go again next week?" A City supporter is born. [Y]

I''m another one going for Lappin at Luton. I think it was the company, 2,000 like minded idiots who felt the need to travel to a grim place like Luton on a Tuesday night to watch City!

Gossy v Bayern, Bruce v Ipshit and, of course, Asa''s screamer (!?) at Wembley to bring home the silverware. I couldn''t speak for about three days!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Remember everyone going nuts at Reading away (Mullers, assist from the ref) and Lappin against Luton. At home recent memory serves up Stockport and Wolves in playoff season, Drury against Middlesbrough and Ashton against Newcastle - Green stood on the railings of the Barclay - celebrated too much and fell into us Lower Barclayers.
[/quote]

I remember the Mulryne away at Reading - with a bit of help from the refs bum - went mental as that was the moment I ''knew'' we were going up [:)]

[quote user="Colorado Canary"]

Saw this thread on another site and it got me thinking. For me it has to Malky''s goal in the play-off semi versus Wolves. Failing that I never tire of seeing Flecky''s last minute goal against Millwall at the Old Den back in the late 80''s. It was live on TV too!

[/quote]

Agree on the Malky goal. Totally let myself go.