Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Cody mcdonald

He''s looking good, but is he to selfless? He''s had to chances from what I have seen on highlights from away matches one where he passed to holt to tap in and the second against paulton for chris martins.The boy needs a goal I think he should be abit more selfish!

I don''t see why he should if his selflessness is leading too us scoring goals. Not many people would question that Emile Heskey is a half decent striker, but he sets up a lot more goals than he scores. If he was turning down obvious scoring chances to pass to someone in more difficult scoring positions then fair enough, but while he''s turning down half chances in favour of giving someone else a certain chance then good on the lad! More of the same Cody if you ask me!

The success of the team should come above any other personal motives.

As much a fan of McDonald as we all are, he is deservedly below Holt and Martin in the pecking order at the moment.

Extremely well said Hollywood. Cody is a good player and with his ''Roy of the Rovers'' story behind him is obviously very popular, but with Holt and Martin both scoring for fun, you can''t really look past them as the partnership.

He''s 23,hardly a boy.

No he doesn''t need to be selfish,incase you haven''t noticed under Lambert they are now playing as a team so if a layoff is the better option then that''s what they will do.

I would like to see Cody start on Tuesday though and get a full 90 mins.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]He''s 23,hardly a boy. No he doesn''t need to be selfish,incase you haven''t noticed under Lambert they are now playing as a team so if a layoff is the better option then that''s what they will do. I would like to see Cody start on Tuesday though and get a full 90 mins.[/quote]

Exactly. He''s doing the right thing by showing the manager he''s smart enough to play in someone in a better position. That he''s got a bit of intelligence to compliment his raw pace and enthusiasm.

Chris Martin is a good player and he''s doing alright at the moment but in the long run Cody might just have a little bit more in his locker to cause teams problems.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I think Cody''s selflessness is doing him nothing but favours at the moment !

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. As I said earlier, there''s nothing wrong with passing at all if someone is in a better goalscoring position. If it was the difference between a 1-0 win and a 0-0 draw I don''t think anyone would complain at all. Good lad Cody! For today and last week.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I think Cody''s selflessness is doing him nothing but favours at the moment !

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. As I said earlier, there''s nothing wrong with passing at all if someone is in a better goalscoring position. If it was the difference between a 1-0 win and a 0-0 draw I don''t think anyone would complain at all. Good lad Cody! For today and last week.

[/quote]

Very true, but had it been Curo passing to Martin, the resident dimwits on here would have slagged him off as being short of confidence![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true, but had it been Curo passing to Martin, the resident dimwits on here would have slagged him off as being short of confidence![:|]

[/quote]

Probably yeah

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

cody, cody mac, cody, cody mac.....

he IS a god [;)]

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I think Cody''s selflessness is doing him nothing but favours at the moment ![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Probably yeah

[/quote]You miss the part where Curo takes the shot instead of the pass and spoons it so badly it hits some old boy busy taking a quick sip of tea from his thermos over in the edge of the Jarold