Sign in to follow this  
Nobodys Perfect

Man in the Stands

I sometimes enjoy Man in the stands column but in the latest issue of the Pinkun I took exception to him reprinting the comments made by A.A. Gill about Great Yarmouth folk. Possibly Mr Gill was correct in his observations but as a resident of this town I have to say it''s doing it''s best to improve. It''s not OUR fault that businesses are pulling out because of the rubbish road system. Cheap Spanish holidays have put paid to the holiday trade and unemployment is the highest in East Anglia. So, kick us when we''re down Mr Man but we''re trying. Carry on if you wish to alienate further the massive support that Norwich City has in Yarmouth. I''m not getting out of my pram because of the Man''s comments, I''m sure he''s pleased he got a "reaction" from me, it''s because it''s journalism at it''s lowest. Try and think of something original for a change and give the second biggest support group outside of Norwich itself a chance.

[quote]I sometimes enjoy Man in the stands column but in the latest issue of the Pinkun I took exception to him reprinting the comments made by A.A. Gill about Great Yarmouth folk. Possibly Mr Gill was corre...[/quote]

Wow unimiller!  Nice to see you back mate.  Don''t get me started on "The Man".  His litriture from a few weeks ago got me worked up enough

more like the money to buy players in the january window.....

..... yes yes, its all a cover up because of the man

*laughs very madly indeed*

unimiller

nice to have you back on board   lol

i can''t say yarmouth is my favourite place, and i haven''t read this particular column of late,  but you have to realise that columns such as ''man in the stands'' are there for one reason and one only, to sell the paper - i guess the pink un powers that be decide at the end of the day if he is worth his weight in gold

sometimes i agree with him, other times not, but at least it is a refreshing change to read something "unofficial" after all the club spokespersons, such as doomcaster and pundits such as neil adams

So slagging Yarmouth folk is "original"? Hmm. While I''m having a go at the Pinkun, when is Rick Waghorn going to find a new topic? Nearly every week his chosen subject is "what a mess all the other clubs at the bottom are in, we''ll be ok". For heaven''s sake if the Pinkun can''t find some originality it may as well go back to a two page broadsheet with just a match report. At least that way the good folk of Great Yarmouth won''t get offended.