Sign in to follow this  
Clint

FOA Anyone Who Knows Nottingham.....

.....I''m there with the Mrs this weekend and just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction of a decent pub/bar that will be showing the city match?  To keep her sweet, preferably a venue she can get a glass or 2 of rose in whilst I watch the match!

Cheers in advance......

To be honest with you mate, i think you might struggle to find anywhere showing the game, there aren''t any Premiership games on but the Cardiff-Swansea game is so given the choice i''d say most places would show that. None of the Wetherspoons in the city have sky so you might be lucky there, 1 of them might be willing to show our game.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]Would the horn in the hand not be showing it, though a bit studenty[/quote]

Isn''t that the other name for '' Hooters ''.......??

[/quote]Sounds more like a place you would go to after you''d been to ''Hooters''....

In the city centre you may want to check out The Approach (just off market square opposite Walkabout). It has a fair few TVs and usually have a selection of matches on. Whats more, they serve Rose.

Southbank Bar next to the Forest Ground is worth a look too, though its more of a ''sports'' bar so perhaps not one for the Mrs.

indeed, the South Bank Bar will be showing it, but it is not the nicest of places. Same applies to the Walkabout. for a good pub for a good pint, go to Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem. No footy there though, sadly.there are lots of cool bars in the Hockley area of the city centre. Have a trawl through there and see if the yella and green is being streamed in any of those

Oh bugger, I have to be in Nottingham on Saturday also, I didn''t realise the game was on at lunchtime, I might need to find a pub too! I quite like the Bell but a bit of an old mans pub.

I can recommend the Southy (southbank) as well, it is my local pretty much and will deffo have the game on. In town The Approach is owned by the same people, therefore is a good bet and walkabout is just across the road.

The Fellows, Morton & Clayton on Castle blvd shows games in different rooms if there''s more than one on. Proper pub, good food and 5 mins walk from train and city centre. always a good contingent of city fans too wjen we''re on. Sadly I''ll be relaxing in the sun on holiday ;-)

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Is the southbank the bar just over the bridge near the Forest ground? If so it''s a proper football pub, been in there a few times and quite liked it[/quote]Yes thats the one, hence the name.

I didn''t realise the canal pub (FMC) had games on, i''ve only been there at night, sounds like a good option for me since i''ll be coming by train.

[quote user="Marty"]I didn''t realise the canal pub (FMC) had games on, i''ve only been there at night, sounds like a good option for me since i''ll be coming by train.[/quote]Yeah, we mostly watch games there as they''ll always put it on even if there''s a more high profile one on too. Admittedly I''ve never been in during the day either but no reason why it''d be different. Southbak bar is ok, but it''s a drive from the city centre.

Notts fan in peace. Next door to Notts'' ground on Meadow Lane is the Trent Navigation, recently refurbished and has 4 SKY Sports TVs. Opens 11.00a.m.If you are in Nottm Friday night how about trying  out the Trent Navi and then watching Notts V Bradford in the FA Cup? 7.45 kick off. Kasper Schmiechel worth the entrance fee and Sven will be there.  (There''s a special deal on as well - £40 gets you a ticket for a seat (leather!) in the Vice Presidents section of the main stand,  a 4 course meal in the 1862 Suite, free programme and a reserved parking spot very close to the ground). Should be a good game but you might have to put up with Peter Thorn playing for Bradford.Hope this helps anyway.Good luck for Saturday,Norwichmagpie.

I haven''t decided yet, which is likely to have the best grub? i''m guesing the Fellow''s, if not, might just pop to Walkabout or Approach at half time. Don''t want a pub thats too blokey or ''er indoors will moan.

Cheers all, I''ll be off tomorrow.  Probably try the Approach as it sounds like it fits the bill and its in the centre so should be easy to find - I may struggle trying to track down Southbank bar!

[quote user="Clint"]Cheers all, I''ll be off tomorrow.  Probably try the Approach as it sounds like it fits the bill and its in the centre so should be easy to find - I may struggle trying to track down Southbank bar![/quote]The Approach is just off market square opposite Walkabout, Southbank is really easy to find, it''s 20yards from the Trent Bridge

this has got me thinking, which city has the biggest number of Norwich fans? (other than Norwich of course), Notts (or that part of the East Midlands) always sounds to have a fair few fans, but where else might they fill out a section of a pub when a televised game is on?