Sign in to follow this  
lordyfan

poulton's keeper

to be fair he did do fairly well despite conceding 7! he pulled off a good couple of saves from holt and martin

typical Norwich....

Praise for the opposition...

None of the Paulton lads are fit to wear a Norwich shirt, none of them we proved that today.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

typical Norwich....

None of the Paulton lads are fit to wear a Norwich shirt, none of them we proved that today.

[/quote]

no doubt you''d of said the same if we played Dartford last season.. "that McDonald isn''t fit to wear a Norwich shirt!!!"

I wonder if QPR thought the same when they played against a Lesley Ferdinand for Hayes in the early 90''s.....?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

typical Norwich....

[/quote]

no doubt you''d of said the same if we played Dartford last season.. "that McDonald isn''t fit to wear a Norwich shirt!!!"

I wonder if QPR thought the same when they played against a Lesley Ferdinand for Hayes in the early 90''s.....?

[/quote]

quality jas

typical Norwich....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Difference being the quality of maybe McDonald and definitely Ferdinand by far outweighs that of anything we saw of Paulton today, proved in the scoreline.

Don''t see the arguement to be fair.

He was rubbish, all he done was dive in with his feet, if someone told him he''s in goal he can use his hands he might look a little better !

typical Norwich....

[/quote]

[/quote]

sorry jas but you have no arguement. The quality of ferdi compared to the tosh we played yesterday is massive. Face it they were crap, but even i wanted them to score the first goal in a perserve way!

[quote user="lordyfan"]sign him up, i say!
[/quote]

Ryman league class at best.

Too small to ever make it any higher.

When you have that many shots raining down on you, you''re bound to save a couple.  He wasn''t that good and is way too small to be a top class proffesional.  As for their allegedly lightning quick winger?  Don''t make me laugh. He didn''t seem to give us any problems did he.  Maybe against other part timers he can look quick, but I''m afraid his skill level will stop him going much higher.

He may of played quite well for Paulton, but he is quite small and certainly isn''t ready to play in League 1 - Paulton are a club in a village, not a city

I thought he looked panic stricken at the start but gained confidence as the game went on.  Made a couple of good saves and had little protection in front of him at times.

He may well go on to the lower leagues but I don''t think he is or will be good enough for us, we should be looking at lower league players as I have said before, but players who can improve the side and I feel with the 2 we have waiting in the wings, then we don''t need him. Good luck to the lad, he was a midfielder up till 3 years ago and I wonder how much further would his devolpment had been if he had been nutured from a younger age in the art of keeping, mind you his sliding tackles, although dangerous and risky but good, shows that he learnt something from being a midfielder.

typical Norwich....

[/quote]

I would say that Cody McDonald is still yet to prove he is good enough to be considered a "success", he will have to turn that raw pace and energy into something effective sooner or later. Also, with the improvements in academies and scouting I doubt there will be any players plucked from non-league who eventually make it into the Premiership again. People mention Ian Wright and Les Ferdinand, but who has done it since them? Sure there are some but not that many, and getting fewer and fewer.

[/quote]

A big NO, He would be hard put to get a place in Lowestoft reserves, I thought on a couple of occasions he was cought out of position, but many do from time to time, we have one on the bench, But this lad is to light and to small for any club higher than confrence league.