Sign in to follow this  
stikers09

lambert has potential

Paul lambert has potential but, the true test will come if city get promoted haveing never managed at championship level. If promotion should happen, money will need to made available to him i for one think he will do a good job as long as he gets backed by the board.

Agreed but the facts we are doing so well, is masking the problem of our financial troubles, and if and when promotion comes more money has to be found.

I have this nagging feeling that if Celtic don''t start winning more games that Lambert could be their new manager, whenever that may be. I really hope not and I know he has no experience at that type of level. It''s just with the Celtic connection and all that. Would be bloody typical if that happened. Hopefully he will stay for a few more years.

I think I heard not so long ago,that all funds from cup ticket sales including tv payments would go to his player budget, so lets hope we get plenty of luck and home draws

[quote user="Willzy65"]I have this nagging feeling that if Celtic don''t start winning more games that Lambert could be their new manager, whenever that may be. I really hope not and I know he has no experience at that type of level. It''s just with the Celtic connection and all that. Would be bloody typical if that happened. Hopefully he will stay for a few more years.[/quote]

Agreed, Like he did when he left Wycombe to go to the bigger team (Colchester) and then how he left them to come to us. I just fear if another bigger job becomes available he will be straight there (like Celtic for example).

[quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[Agreed, Like he did when he left Wycombe to go to the bigger team (Colchester) and then how he left them to come to us. I just fear if another bigger job becomes available he will be straight there (like Celtic for example).

[/quote]

Be fair though, isn''t that exactly what the rest of us do in our working lives - look to go to a better job with more pay/prospects in order to better support our families?  Why should football managers be any different?

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[Agreed, Like he did when he left Wycombe to go to the bigger team (Colchester) and then how he left them to come to us. I just fear if another bigger job becomes available he will be straight there (like Celtic for example).

[/quote]

Be fair though, isn''t that exactly what the rest of us do in our working lives - look to go to a better job with more pay/prospects in order to better support our families?  Why should football managers be any different?

[/quote]

Fair enough, at the end of the day a football club is a business and all people in it want to make the most money possible!!

[quote user="singing canary"]delia should be throwing him some cash from the sale of her "cheating at cooking book" ...!!!! that has been advertised to death on itv.[/quote]

She has another book out for Chirstmas now as well!!! So hopefully there could be a nice little injection in the new year...?