Sign in to follow this  
Attleborough_Canary

Shock and Horror - Gunny has a new job

Norwich struggling in Championship... appoint BG, relegated!

Digital Phone Company struggling in industy... Appoint BG.... oh dear..?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Seems strange to me, what qualifications and experience has he got for that job?[/quote]

I remember asking the same thing when Delia made him our manager [;)]

Where''s Bob Fanklin then....?

Despite my previous post, I do wish the legend all the best, but i think it will be a difficult job. A small business in a very lucrative market. He should put his goalie goves on to help them punch above their weight.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Seems strange to me, what qualifications and experience has he got for that job?[/quote]

Remember when DPC where our sponsor? Wasn''t Gunny our marketing manager at the time?

Remember when DPC where our sponsor? Wasn''t Gunny our marketing manager at the time?

[quote user="Stevo"]

I remember asking the same thing when Delia made him our manager [;)]

[/quote]

Priceless![:D]

[quote user="B-ru"]

[/quote]

What thoughtless nonsense you write. The ususal drivel.

Is it just me that finds it INCREDIBLY depressing that our previous manager''s next job is in marketing for a telecoms company???On two levels really: 1) that our board appointed a marketing/PR man as the manager of an important football club, and 2) that Bryan Gunn, after saying how much he can do for us as a manager, doesn''t even stay "in" the game of football. If marketing was all he ever wanted to do, then why tell us he was the man for manager''s job??? And why risk OUR relegation and future non-promotion for something he''s not that arsed about??I''m more than slightly annoyed with this news.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="B-ru"]

[/quote] What thoughtless nonsense you write. The ususal drivel.[/quote]

I think perhaps yuo need to retort some of the other comments on here too?

"Yes Mr Gunn, I''m very pleased with it - and it fits in my coat pocket like a glove.....My pocket''s as big as a mature female kangaroo''s pouch....But hey, it''s new technology and the way forward, bye!"

Bless his heart - he has spent years "glad handing" company directors at golf days. He''ll be really good at it as long as no one asks him a technical question - come to think of it, not dissimilar to his stint as football manager!

[quote user="John Morlar"]With the obvious exceptions of Martin O''Neill, Ron Saunders and arguably John Bond, have any of our ex managers gone on to bigger and better things ?[/quote]

Dare I say....Gary Megson?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="John Morlar"]With the obvious exceptions of Martin O''Neill, Ron Saunders and arguably John Bond, have any of our ex managers gone on to bigger and better things ?[/quote]

Dare I say....Gary Megson?

[/quote]

good shout, you might not like the guy but promotion with Stockport, West Brom and Europe with Bolton says something....

were we right to let go for Walker the 2nd time round?

This makes him getting the Norwich job all the more laughable.Just proves how completely inept and unqualified he was to be Norwich City Manager. Have you ever heard in the history of professional football of a manager getting sacked and then turning up working for a high street shop? Its ridiculous, and even more ridiculous that he was ever given the manager''s job in the first place.