Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

Injuries to blame, not lack of a striker!

While I do think we do lack a striker that bangs in goal after goal, I think our poor form recently is due to our immense injury list of Mattias Jonson, Thomas Helveg, Simon Charlton, Youssef Safri, Matt Svensson, Damien Francis, Ian Henderson, Darren Ward and Gary Holt (a total of five first team players!) have really knocked the wind from our sails.

I do honestly believe our full strength team is the most capable of all the promoted sides of staying up. I don''t think that our reduced strength team is.

again another excuse!

We cant blame it on injuries, cause we have many people on the field who can score goals...... its just the fact they are not!

Bring in crow, had our best chance on tuesday!

[quote]While I do think we do lack a striker that bangs in goal after goal, I think our poor form recently is due to our immense injury list of Mattias Jonson, Thomas Helveg, Simon Charlton, Youssef Safri, M...[/quote]

Andrew you have to face the facts and look at the league table.  We have scored 17 goals in 20 matches, only WBA have scored less.  Of the players considered to be strikers Huckerby has scored 5, Svensson has scored 3, McKenzie, McVeigh, Bentley 1 each.  You cannot knock any of our current strikers because they are trying their best, but we need a striker who can consistently put the ball in the net.  In 9 matches, almost 50% of our games, we have failed to score.

Injuries aside, and currently only Svensson of the strikers is injured, the facts are staring you in the face.  We need a goal scoring striker, and we need him NOW.

Maybe not 9 of you''re first team squad though...

Interesting stats anyway, Darren Huckerby is in the 5th top Premiership scorers bracket at the half way point in the season. If we had another striker who could score as many goals again then we''d probably have enough fire power to stay up.

[quote]Northern, 15 points from a possible 60 would suggest otherwise[/quote]

thats is a good point. However all the other teams around us have not done any/much better. The only problem is that they will buy players unlike us. So i will change it: With a fully fit squad and a loan or signing we can stay up