Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Most bizarre off the field behaviour witnessed at a City match?

Post prompted by the Chelsea-Man U match; the most interesting part of which I found to be the behaviour of a bloke in about the third row behind the Chelsea bench. Not sure if he was part of the Chelsea set up but the guy was actually cleaning his teeth, toothbrush and all, as he watched the match. I don''t know if the Sky UK commentators picked up on this (I was watching it in Italy) but it has to rank as one of the strangest pieces of behaviour I have seen in a ground. Anybody got any stories of similar bizarre stuff from their time watching the Canaries?

I was once behind a woman who sat there reading a gardening magazine for the duration of the match. This was in the N&P, believe it or not.

[quote user="dpit"]Post prompted by the Chelsea-Man U match; the most interesting part of which I found to be the behaviour of a bloke in about the third row behind the Chelsea bench. Not sure if he was part of the Chelsea set up but the guy was actually cleaning his teeth, toothbrush and all, as he watched the match. I don''t know if the Sky UK commentators picked up on this (I was watching it in Italy) but it has to rank as one of the strangest pieces of behaviour I have seen in a ground. Anybody got any stories of similar bizarre stuff from their time watching the Canaries?[/quote]

Yes, I spotted that too. It was really bizarre, but the commentators didn''t pick up on it at all!

[quote user="dpit"]Post prompted by the Chelsea-Man U match; the most interesting part of which I found to be the behaviour of a bloke in about the third row behind the Chelsea bench. Not sure if he was part of the Chelsea set up but the guy was actually cleaning his teeth, toothbrush and all, as he watched the match. I don''t know if the Sky UK commentators picked up on this (I was watching it in Italy) but it has to rank as one of the strangest pieces of behaviour I have seen in a ground. Anybody got any stories of similar bizarre stuff from their time watching the Canaries?[/quote]

Yup, saw it. He was also wearing sunglasses! I made the comment at the time he was probably trying to get featured on Soccer AM''s third eye.

Blokes not availing themselves of the facilities at Oxford Utd. Instead they played the game '' how many bricks can I pee up?'' at the back of the stand

That''s known as WITS (weeing in the stands)

There was a game against Man City a few years ago.Some pi**ed-up old bird came up to the pitch with a microphone and tried to raise the noise of the  Carrow Road support by screaming "where are you,lets be avin you..." That was very bizarre!

[quote user="dpit"]

Blokes not availing themselves of the facilities at Oxford Utd. Instead they played the game '' how many bricks can I pee up?'' at the back of the stand

[/quote]

Very witty [;)]

More like PITS (peeing in the stands)

[quote user="PBTC"]I was once behind a woman who sat there reading a gardening magazine for the duration of the match. This was in the N&P, believe it or not.[/quote]

Didnt think the N&P got that wild at matches

[quote user="A change gonna come..."]There was a game against Man City a few years ago.Some pi**ed-up old bird came up to the pitch with a microphone and tried to raise the noise of the  Carrow Road support by screaming "where are you,lets be avin you..." That was very bizarre![/quote]Very witty :)

[quote user="dpit"]

[/quote]

Youre obviously too young to remember terracing - that was more weeing up the back of the person in front of you....

I once sat behind a women in her 70''s in the old south stand who spent the entire game knitting.

A guy claiming to be the one you mentioned from todays game actually phoned up 606 and spoke to Spoony.

I didnt see the game but he seemed to have a strong african or maybe Middle Eastern Acent. He said he always carries a toothbrush with him and he wore the glasses because he "is a ladies man" and saw an ex-girlfriend in the crowd and didn''t want to stand out!!

you mean this ?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGTKFBdLdRU    [:D]

i shouldnt admit this as shes my mum LOL, but when we played sunderland at wembley, my mum read a book throughout the game. i wasnt born for another 7 years after this but still kind of strange!

[quote user="kdncfc"]I once sat behind a women in her 70''s in the old south stand who spent the entire game knitting.[/quote]

Was she the lady who had a football pitch, complete with nets, players and ball emboided on her hat? I wonder what happened to that hat?

Looks like media have got hold of it now:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Man-Caught-Brushing-Teeth-At-Chelsea---Manchester-United-Fixture-Stamford-Bridge/Article/200911215445493?f=rss

Strangest thing I have seen was a lone baldy guy protesting outside Carrow Road after a game. Standing by yourself and shouting at a brick wall....therapy anyone?

[quote user="norfolkchance"]Looks like media have got hold of it now: [/quote]

watched the video of that - the two gay boys to the right of him as we''re looking at it who took the picture of the two United players backsides