Sign in to follow this  
stikers09

lets just enjoy this season

But the advantage of coming up from league one is the winning mentality that players will have. I think that alone will be a great boost to the players. Also i think our squad is quite strong already for the championship, could do with a winger......or two

agreed .if we go up at least we have a team to build on . unlike last season . i think holt , hoolihan , russell, askou, and dury would cut the mustard in the championship . we would need to add to that and maybe a couple of quality loan players . maybe a decent winger ,striker and central defender .

a bit of forward planning .... we would not need to spend the earth to survive the first year . i would put money on it if norwich played teams like plymouth blackpool with the team they have now i would fancy our chances at winning .

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Just need to look at Leicester to see how a team can go up and do well at the level above.[/quote]

It''s sustaining the momentum that is more difficult.  Look at Colchester after their excellent first year in the Championship, or Peterborough this season after back to back promotions.

Long, long way from promotion yet. The games will come thick and fast over Christmas and injuries are already adding up and players aren''t getting enough time to recover fully. Look at Gill and Hughes who are getting injured again straight away as they are rushed back into the team.

If we get an injury to Hoolahan, Holt or Askou we could be in real issues. Doc and Nelson looked very suspect together on Saturday and given their last league duo resulted in 7 goals against we could find our good form going out the window.

[quote user="singing canary"]agreed .if we go up at least we have a team to build on . unlike last season . i think holt , hoolihan , russell, askou, and dury would cut the mustard in the championship . we would need to add to that and maybe a couple of quality loan players . maybe a decent winger ,striker and central defender .[/quote]Plus Smith, Doc, Rudd, Martin, Hughes - not forgetting Cody, the match winning sub. (don''t forget, the first game he came on he scored against Cardiff). Also Adeyemi & Spillane, possibly Francomb & 1 or 2 others, will be there or thereabouts.

Firstly - we''re not up yet... Don''t count any chickens!Secondly, with the landscape of top flight footy shifting constantly we will need to accept that we have no rights to be challenging the top of the championship anyway. Let''s be honest, this league structure can''t last. Pretty soon there will either be a super Euro league with a premier 2 underneath it. Or Celtic and Rangers will drop in on a Prem 1 and Prem 2 system, lightening the potential league game calendar to accommodate a broader more league styled Euro comp at the top level. Beneath that will be an increasingly un-glamorous old school league structure within which we will most likely find ourselves. Investors know this and so do footballers agents. This is why attracting players is becoming increasingly difficult despite our big fish, small pond outlook.Watch this space - it''s all change I tells ya. Which side of the ditch will we fall? I''d say it''s getting tougher at the top that''s for sure!

I''m enjoying the team being very successful so far this season, but we''ll have to worry about the Championship if and when we get promoted back into it not before!

For the record I think our squad is better than last seasons and we''d be able to get up as high as top 12 with what we''ve got now!

I don''t want to see lots of loan players at the club again - look at the mess it created last season!

[quote user="Romantic"]Beneath that will be an increasingly un-glamorous old school league structure within which we will most likely find ourselves.[/quote]Sounds like a good place to be.

[quote user="Eighties Fan"][quote user="Romantic"]Beneath that will be an increasingly un-glamorous old school league structure within which we will most likely find ourselves.[/quote]Sounds like a good place to be.[/quote]Now you come to mention it...!