Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Holt's yellow card

Does his yellow today now mean he''s out for Tues jpt game with Swindon?Seemed to me that it was a planned booking as we all suspected he might try and do last weekI bet Lambert wanted him available for today just in case the potential banana skin scenario came true and he views Tues game as less important.

Without insinuating anything Chris Goreham mentioned it to Lambert in the post match interview (is on the BBC site) and they both seemed to have a good chortle about it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/8341146.stm

CG: "Holt got a booking, that''s his 5th of the season, can you confirm when he will have to serve that ban?

PL: "I think he and Simon have to miss Tuesday night, and back for Saturday"

CG: "So missing the Johnstone Paint tropht game, goes without saying you''d rather they missed that than a league game"

PL: "yeah..."

cue laughter from both

[quote user="liquid_football"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/8341146.stm

CG: "Holt got a booking, that''s his 5th of the season, can you confirm when he will have to serve that ban?

PL: "I think he and Simon have to miss Tuesday night, and back for Saturday"

CG: "So missing the Johnstone Paint tropht game, goes without saying you''d rather they missed that than a league game"

PL: "yeah..."

cue laughter from both[/quote]Yeah I listened to this, pretty funny. I wonder how planned it was, before the game, at half time, the players doing if off their own back? I would be surprised if Lambert fines them for it, put it that way.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I think we''ve known for over a week that it''s what was planned, it goes on a lot.[/quote]

But do we know for certain mate that they both miss the Pain Pot next week?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I think we''ve known for over a week that it''s what was planned, it goes on a lot.[/quote]

But do we know for certain mate that they both miss the Pain Pot next week?

[/quote]

So radio snorefolk said

From FA website - if a player does accumulate the permitted number of cautions prior to a cut-off date then the suspension will now be automatic as opposed to the current seven day rule. Apparently it changed at the start of this season.

Holt and Lappin are both suspended for the JPT game against Swindon on Tuesday as it was their 5th yellows of the season. I think they deliberatly did it though, to get the suspensions over and done with so that they wouldn''t miss any league games

[quote user="HazzaJet"]Holt and Lappin are both suspended for the JPT game against Swindon on Tuesday as it was their 5th yellows of the season. I think they deliberatly did it though, to get the suspensions over and done with so that they wouldn''t miss any league games[/quote]so glad you''re hear noone elsehad noticed thar

Was speaking to Cureton, McVeigh and Cody on sidelines after about 60mins and it went like this

Supporter - "Cody! When you going on?"
Cody - "Got to wait for Holty to get booked first!"
5 minutes later, Holt gets booked
McVeigh - Shakes head and chuckles "tosser"

So yeah it was deffo planned! :D

[quote user="RobFoyster"]

Was speaking to Cureton, McVeigh and Cody on sidelines after about 60mins and it went like this

Supporter - "Cody! When you going on?"
Cody - "Got to wait for Holty to get booked first!"
5 minutes later, Holt gets booked
McVeigh - Shakes head and chuckles "tosser"

So yeah it was deffo planned! :D

[/quote]

You weren''t the one who shouted "Cody! My sister fancy yew!" were you? [:)]

Also at Poulton yesterday...got to speak to PL after the game who gave my the death stare when I mentioned Holty "might" have got a delibrate yellow.

The ref was also with us who said there''s no way he would have booked him if he''d known...

Most definately, same with Lappin. Gets both suspended for jpt game and back for tranmere. No problem with it for me it''s just using rules to advantage. The fault is with the rules, in my opinion yellow cards gained in a competition should stay in that competition. League yellow cards should get league suspensions and cups yellow cards should get suspensions in cups.

Berks Canary wrote the following post at 08/11/2009 9:11 PM:

Also at Poulton yesterday...got to speak to PL after the game who gave my the death stare when I mentioned Holty "might" have got a delibrate yellow.

The ref was also with us who said there''s no way he would have booked him if he''d known...

I think I would have given you the death stare too. Not the brightest thing to do, the ref may include it in his report and cause an unhealthy interest in our club and could influence decisions of the same ref or others when in charge of Holt or our team.

[quote user="The gut"]Berks Canary wrote the following post at 08/11/2009 9:11 PM: Also at Poulton yesterday...got to speak to PL after the game who gave my the death stare when I mentioned Holty "might" have got a delibrate yellow. The ref was also with us who said there''s no way he would have booked him if he''d known... I think I would have given you the death stare too. Not the brightest thing to do, the ref may include it in his report and cause an unhealthy interest in our club and could influence decisions of the same ref or others when in charge of Holt or our team.[/quote]

I too can fully understand why Lambert gave you a death stare Bucks Canary. What an idiotic thing to have said in front of the referee Berks Canary. Hopefully there is nothing they can do about it but its not beyond the realms of possibility that the ref could mention this to the league who might take a dim view of this sort of thing. i''m not sure they can do anything as they presumably could not prove it either way but I can see why they might want to try and take steps to clamp down on these sort of shenanigans and find a rule that has been breached.

I am amazed that everyone is just shrugging this off and laughing about it. Getting booked for kicking the ball away/obstructing the goalkeeper is unacceptable - I want Lappin and Holt to be on the pitch at Swindon tomorrow night. We have got to take every match/competition seriously and the JPT is a great chance for us to get to Wembley and win another trophy.

Winning matches can only be good for our morale and league form.

Our players should play every game fairly and I would much rather see them cautioned for a mistimed tackle than a blatent act of petulance. We have other strikers/midfielders and if Holt reaches five yellows we have the likes of McDonald who will be determined to take their chance.

[quote user="Iwan_09"]

I am amazed that everyone is just shrugging this off and laughing about it. Getting booked for kicking the ball away/obstructing the goalkeeper is unacceptable - I want Lappin and Holt to be on the pitch at Swindon tomorrow night. We have got to take every match/competition seriously and the JPT is a great chance for us to get to Wembley and win another trophy.

Winning matches can only be good for our morale and league form.

Our players should play every game fairly and I would much rather see them cautioned for a mistimed tackle than a blatent act of petulance. We have other strikers/midfielders and if Holt reaches five yellows we have the likes of McDonald who will be determined to take their chance.

[/quote]

Can''t agree i''m afraid. Our priority this season has to be the league and of the fixtures coming up the one we really need the full team out for is Southampton away. That will be the toughest game this side of Christmas and to go there without Holt due to suspension would have been disastrous. Much better that he misses a pretty meaningless game at Swindon than any league game.

Agreed Jim, I think it is only what everyone else would have done in same situation. The fact is Holt hasn''t played in Johnstones Paint trophy this season before now anyhow therefore he would have probably been rested anyway.

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]it made me laugh at how ITV didnt even pick up on it, but then they are shit
[/quote]

Beglin thought we played at Carlisle last week (comment re Drury playing at right back).......so its no surprise that they didnt pick up on the bookings situation.

[quote user="Berks Canary"]Also at Poulton yesterday...got to speak to PL after the game who gave my the death stare when I mentioned Holty "might" have got a delibrate yellow. The ref was also with us who said there''s no way he would have booked him if he''d known...[/quote]

May I suggest that it wasn''t wise to ask the question in front of the ref!

[quote user="The gut"]Berks Canary wrote the following post at 08/11/2009 9:11 PM: Also at Poulton yesterday...got to speak to PL after the game who gave my the death stare when I mentioned Holty "might" have got a delibrate yellow. The ref was also with us who said there''s no way he would have booked him if he''d known... I think I would have given you the death stare too. Not the brightest thing to do, the ref may include it in his report and cause an unhealthy interest in our club and could influence decisions of the same ref or others when in charge of Holt or our team.[/quote]

Lets hope the F.A. don''t make an issue of this.