Sign in to follow this  
spainboy

Paulton??

Just seen the highlights from your game against this team ive never heard of and I can''t believe how happy some of you are and then there is the post match interview with your boss.

Chris Martin and Holt celebrating every goal as though they have just scored against chelsea. This team is woeful,infact my local pub team would probably get 2 or 3 past them. Im pretty sure one of their defenders had his hands down the front of his shorts when defending a Norwich free kick.

7 goals is about a fair result though but Im still trying to get over the Holt and Martin celebrations against a team that is 10th in division one of a southern conference league.!!

[quote user="spainboy"]Just seen the highlights from your game against this team ive never heard of and I can''t believe how happy some of you are and then there is the post match interview with your boss. Chris Martin and Holt celebrating every goal as though they have just scored against chelsea. This team is woeful,infact my local pub team would probably get 2 or 3 past them. Im pretty sure one of their defenders had his hands down the front of his shorts when defending a Norwich free kick. 7 goals is about a fair result though but Im still trying to get over the Holt and Martin celebrations against a team that is 10th in division one of a southern conference league.!![/quote]

I personally think you are wrong and this post is pointless!!!

You can only beat what is in front of you. This was a potential banana skin for the team and we have dealt with it in a thoroughly professional manner.

When your pub team gets to the first round of the cup, let us know so we can see you do a giant killing.

As for the celebrations. hey, a goal is a goal. Good to see the boys enjoying their football.

As for your opinion....who gives a toss??

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Why bother replying to the tosser? He obviously has seen nothing of the game.

[/quote]

Well, if he is in Spain, I suppose its loads better than living in Ipswich!

Apart from doing a professional job on Saturday, all the stats are recorded by the FA which means, as a player and as a goal scorer, your name is in the history books of football. Who wouldn''t like that?

[quote user="spainboy"]Just seen the highlights from your game against this team ive never heard of and I can''t believe how happy some of you are and then there is the post match interview with your boss.

Chris Martin and Holt celebrating every goal as though they have just scored against chelsea. This team is woeful,infact my local pub team would probably get 2 or 3 past them. Im pretty sure one of their defenders had his hands down the front of his shorts when defending a Norwich free kick.

7 goals is about a fair result though but Im still trying to get over the Holt and Martin celebrations against a team that is 10th in division one of a southern conference league.!![/quote]Didn''t all your players do the same when they scored against Histon last year? Oh no, hang on...

[quote user="spainboy"]Just seen the highlights from your game against this team ive never heard of and I can''t believe how happy some of you are and then there is the post match interview with your boss.

7 goals is about a fair result though but Im still trying to get over the Holt and Martin celebrations against a team that is 10th in division one of a southern conference league.!![/quote]Look at how many low teams have killed off bigger teams; Histon vs Leeds, Barnsley vs liverpool and allot more..And we celebrated the goals as the fans were taunting our players ^^

[quote user="spainboy"]Just seen the highlights from your game against this team ive never heard of and I can''t believe how happy some of you are and then there is the post match interview with your boss. Chris Martin and Holt celebrating every goal as though they have just scored against chelsea. This team is woeful,infact my local pub team would probably get 2 or 3 past them. Im pretty sure one of their defenders had his hands down the front of his shorts when defending a Norwich free kick. 7 goals is about a fair result though but Im still trying to get over the Holt and Martin celebrations against a team that is 10th in division one of a southern conference league.!![/quote]

Leaving aside the fact that you are wrong as our players barely celebrated most of the goals what are they supposed to do when they score a goal just trudge back to the halfway line with a sombre look on their face. Martin scored what i beliegve is his first hat-trick in a Norwich shirt. he is entitled to be pleased. Holt''s celebration was aimed at their fans behind the goal who had been giving him sh*t constantly throughout the first half of the game. At the end of the day if we have players who are happy to score and a team/manager who are pleased when they win games (whoever they are against) then long may it continue.

Histon is like Arsenal compared to Paulton, but yeah I do see the point a little. Leeds had a lot of changes for that histon game under our old manager who couldnt motivate for toffee.The ground was like a swamp and it was absolutely hammering it down.Plus we had Showumni up front. McAllister totally got that one wrong. Anyway that was last season.!!!

Oh and I do think you have a good chance of second spot now.Charlton are looking like they may go on a downward spiral.

lol the rain that age old leveller. I though you northern lot were meant to be hard as nails and southerners little girls.

[quote user="spainboy"]Histon is like Arsenal compared to Paulton, but yeah I do see the point a little. Leeds had a lot of changes for that histon game under our old manager who couldnt motivate for toffee.The ground was like a swamp and it was absolutely hammering it down.Plus we had Showumni up front. McAllister totally got that one wrong. Anyway that was last season.!!![/quote]

Oh no, fancy having to play in the rain. How unfair! Fact is you had your arses smacked because you turned up with your usual "we''re the mighty Leeds" arrogance with sod all to back it up. We treated Paulton with absolute respect then took them apart with a totally professional display. Have you ever heard the expression " people who live in glass houses shouldn''t throw stones"?

Not really. Their ground couldnt cope with the rain and only Histon knew how to play on it. Anyway I mainly blame McAllister,Steve Staunton and the old background staff who didnt have a clue. Luckily they are all well gone.!! We beat,dominated and controlled Oldham yesterday that hammered us 3-1 in the league last season. Cant be all bad considering Becchio,Gradel,Higgs and Vokes weren''t playing.

[quote user="spainboy"]Not really. Their ground couldnt cope with the rain and only Histon knew how to play on it. [/quote]Aaaah, the mythical rain that only Histon know how to play in...  Is there a roof at Elland Road or summing ?  Because we all know Yorkshire is famed for its'' year-long sunshine...

[quote user="spainboy"]Like I said, I MAINLY blame..................... well, you read the rest (posted above)[/quote]Oh, I read it - who will you blame for this seasons'' post Xmas fade-out ? [;)]

I cant see how you can criticise. If you''re not happy after you score a goal then you shouldnt even be on a football pitch. are 7 goals not enough? did Charlton win convincingly? no they lost and with a pretty good team on paper so unless you have a decent argument naff off

[quote user="spainboy"]Oh and I do think[/quote]No one cares what you think.Run along now...

[quote user="spainboy"]Not really. Their ground couldnt cope with the rain and only Histon knew how to play on it. Anyway I mainly blame McAllister,Steve Staunton and the old background staff who didnt have a clue. Luckily they are all well gone.!! We beat,dominated and controlled Oldham yesterday that hammered us 3-1 in the league last season. Cant be all bad considering Becchio,Gradel,Higgs and Vokes weren''t playing.[/quote]Are you a child? I bet you''re a child. Go on tell us - you''re a child aren''t you? I bet you''re 8 or 9... ok 12? You''re 12 right?

Am I the only one to think that the celebrations were very muted? Martin stuck his arms out and did the ''fly past'' but the way in which he did it and the expression on his face more suggested that it was too easy if anything else. It wasn''t exactly done with a lot of energy or enthiusiasm.

Holt celebrated a bit more on his 2nd - but thats because the Paulton fans were giving him cr@p and he was getting his own back.  Wasnt just the players - the fans were muted as well

[quote user="pete_norw"]I see Kettering have a nice easy tie next round then[/quote]

Any precipitation and I reckon it''s a shoo-in Pete[:P]

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Holt celebrated a bit more on his 2nd - but thats because the Paulton fans were giving him cr@p and he was getting his own back.  Wasnt just the players - the fans were muted as well[/quote]They were doing the whole ''you fat bar-stuard'' thing and he lifted his shirt and patted his stomach - which so far as I am aware is the official league response to such chants. None of them went overboard did they?

[quote user="spainboy"]Like I said, I MAINLY blame..................... well, you read the rest (posted above)[/quote]

[8] The rain for Spain is mainly what''s to blame[st][:''(]

[H]