Sign in to follow this  
farley

Swindon JPT

Just wondering how many are going to make the trip?Although there are a huge number of people who have a go at this cup, the lady in the ticket shop said we have 4 coaches going on Tuesday! [:O]If we were to get to the area final, how many of the anti-JPT crowd would be trying to get tickets to the away leg?

I''m going farley. I went to Gillingham too. Tusdays are good for me and I go wherever we are. If we progress then more and more people will stop being anti and the crowds will increase.

Both upcoming cup games are important to the club. I would imagine we budget to  be knocked out at the first hurdle in each competition. This would be the prudent thing to do anyway[:S] So any money we make after that would be extra and hopefully would ultimately end up in the player budget. I doubt we will make anything Tuesday but it''s important because just imagine how much a two legged area final and a trip to Wembley could bring. The FA Cup game needs to be won. Being on TV again must bring more money we hadn''t budgeted for as did the Sunderland carling Cup tie. If we win at Paulton and in the again 2nd round we would be in the hat for a chance of another money spinner.

And despite all of that cup ties are great[Y]

I got my ticket today. For some unknown reason I have always said, if we were in this competition I would go to any away game we had. However, i didn''t go to Gillingham as Carlisle was the Saturday after and I couldn''t afford the travel to both!I totally agree about how important the Cup games may prove to be. I have been going to Carrow Road since 1986, and have obviously never seen us at Wembley. I would love us to get there, preferably in the JPT as I don''t like the randomness of the playoffs. I''d love to see us play Leeds in the final as there would be a superb atmosphere with probably 80+ thousand in attendance. I know it''s a small competition, laughed at by most (especially those in the Prem and Champ), but I think we should take it seriously as its a Cup competition we can actually win, unlike the Carling Cup and FA Cup!I hope we have another big following Tuesday, get through and get a home tie in the semi''s. [:)]

agreed Farley.. im a fan of the JPT for many reasons, the money the club receives is valuable at this level, its a trip to Wembley (those that slag it off as a "rubbish" competition are going to be first in the line for a ticket though i bet!!) and its a competition that the big boys cant spoil! we wont win the league cup or FA cup.. we could do the double! Win the league and the JPT or have 2 trips to Wembley this season at the playoffs....

also, despite it being Lauded in the last 10-15 years Hull, Wigan, Bolton, Stoke, Birmingham (twice) have all won it.... where are they now?

JPT is just a cup that the lower teams play in to stand more fo a chance of wining some silver wear, because no league 1, 2 or below will ever win the fa cup, not when man utd chelsea etc have soo much money to spend on great players!

Im going with another Canary and giving my Swindon mate a lift there, not sure about back yet!

This is the closest we have been to Wembley since 1985 so we must win it!

I was going to go if I couldn''t get a ticket for Paulton . . . but amazingly I did!  Phoned up at about 9.20 this morning and there were still some left. 

This is the times i curse being an 18 year old with no transport or money, despreate to go to every away game,  but on many occassions cannot make it due to finances and or transport. Unless i can persuade my dad to go its looking unlikely i will be joining you all for this tie, or many away from home, as he really does not enjoy going.

There''ll be a fair old turn out of City fans as it''s within easy reach of a lot of ''ex pats'', it''s also within travelling distance of London after work.

Always make me chuckle when you hear the press talk about such and such game having x number of fans travelling down from Norfolk, as if no one living away from the county ever goes to a game.

Swindon should be a stark reminder of what we could be if some of the simpletons on here had there way - as if !

Will be there with Mrs Sid.

I vowed that I wouldn''t do the paint pot away games after relegation, ended up going to Gillingham where the support was excellent, and the possibility of a trip to Wembley with City keeps me going!!!

Still, I''m surprised at the number of coaches going to Swindon next week.

Awesome.

I''ll be there, Swindon is only 15-20 mins on the train so this will be the closest away game possible this season!!! Really hope that we can go the distance in the JPT, as well as bringing in extra money winning some silverware would give a massive confidence boost at a crucial time of the season.

I think I will just about make the ten minute drive to the stadium!! This is the draw I was hoping for.

For all those who have not been to Swindon before enjoy the magic roundabout next to the ground!

I''m going and hoping to see a start for Cody, and another goal like the one I saw him score at Gillingham.  

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]I''ll be there, Swindon is only 15-20 mins on the train so this will be the closest away game possible this season!!! Really hope that we can go the distance in the JPT, as well as bringing in extra money winning some silverware would give a massive confidence boost at a crucial time of the season.[/quote]Where are you getting the train from?

[quote user="obiwancanary"]I think I will just about make the ten minute drive to the stadium!! This is the draw I was hoping for.

For all those who have not been to Swindon before enjoy the magic roundabout next to the ground![/quote]that roundabout is the most stupid thing ive ever seen

[quote user="PLAMBERT"]i rang up today to get tickets but i was told all sold out.[/quote]

Surely not - there''s got to be a pay on the gate option hasn''t there? When did Swindon last sell out their ground?

[quote user="PLAMBERT"]yeh im sure theyl be pay on the gate.[/quote]

I hope so.  I paid on the gate for the Gillingham game, and hopefully it''ll be 10 quid again.  

Yea i''m going, i live in Barry, South Wales, so its only about 70 miles, and my brother in law lives in Swindon so he''ll take me to the ground, so should be a stress less experience, with a nice win to boot , hopefullt. o.t.b.c.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]JPT is just a cup that the lower teams play in to stand more fo a chance of wining some silver wear, because no league 1, 2 or below will ever win the fa cup, not when man utd chelsea etc have soo much money to spend on great players![/quote]

Yeah but no Championship club is going to win the FA Cup either in these current money-orientated times.  At least we have a trophy which we could realistically WIN

I dont like our current league position but terracing and the JPT have actually been a bit of a bonus

I am warming to the JPT. It would be a great competition to win. Speaking to a friend of mine who is involved with MK Dons, the prize money is good, but only if you win. at Wembley. For the "bigger clubs" in this division it can be a money loser if you have too many games at home in the early rounds, given the costs for staging a game. So far so good for City with two away games. Here''s to one more away game before the area finals! 

[quote user="PLAMBERT"]i rang up today to get tickets but i was told all sold out.[/quote]

Had seriously better not be true.  Was planning on getting them on the day.  Ten minutes on the bus from me!!!

[quote user="bristol_canary"][quote user="obiwancanary"]I think I will just about make the ten minute drive to the stadium!! This is the draw I was hoping for.

For all those who have not been to Swindon before enjoy the magic roundabout next to the ground![/quote]that roundabout is the most stupid thing ive ever seen[/quote]

I urge you to take a closer look at your avatar. [:P]