Sign in to follow this  
barclay seats 4849

What is "Wrath of the Barclay " all about ??

[quote user="barclay seats "]The name is very apt ...it seems all the posters have serious issues ![/quote]It''s a usability experiment that escaped from the lab.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="barclay seats "]The name is very apt ...it seems all the posters have serious issues ![/quote]

It''s a usability experiment that escaped from the lab.
[/quote]

I was going to question whether it was from inside some kind of institution for the criminally insane .......just look at some of todays topics ! I am actually laughing to my self as I write this .......................OH!

You can learn about their eating habits......and how much they despise the ''Oink''un''.....But it doesn''t stop them coming on here....although, I''m sure they don''t wish for their fellow wrathers to know - that they contribute to the ''Oink''un''....

wrath of the barclay is hilarious.. posts usually go something like

"I think dohertys ueseless (n/T)"

"Yeh he is (n/t)"

"shut up! (n/t)

then someone will post a well though out and constructed arguement which will get overlook and someone will reply with

"****ing **** (n/t)"

at least the lunatics haven''t taken over Asylum Pinkun yet!

I find it amusing sometimes, its not really a football board, mainly a board to air their views on everything from lunch to the Tories. It''s harmless fun.

I like WOTB,

Its a bit anarchic , but there is nothing wrong with that.

Over the years there have beeen some amazing posts on there, OK a lot of the time its a free for all, but nothing wrong with that.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

"Yeh he is (n/t)"

"shut up! (n/t)

then someone will post a well though out and constructed arguement which will get overlook and someone will reply with

"****ing **** (n/t)"

[/quote]

Oh my god - that''s the funniest and most incorrect post I have ever seen on any message board! Well done Jas - I think maybe you don''t get it.

That really is the opposite of what WOTB is about. This board is full of what you just referred to!

[quote user="Muddy funster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

"Yeh he is (n/t)"

"shut up! (n/t)

"****ing **** (n/t)"

[/quote] Oh my god - that''s the funniest and most incorrect post I have ever seen on any message board! Well done Jas - I think maybe you don''t get it. That really is the opposite of what WOTB is about. This board is full of what you just referred to![/quote]

You should have a lok at what they are "discussing" today..................unbelievable ! 

I think you''ll find infinitely more wisdom, wit and sanity on Wrath than on the Oink Un. Come on over, once you get used to it you''ll wonder why you ever posted here.I can honestly say that the wrath provides me with a least one good belly laugh a day, whereas here a the sense of humour has largely bypassed 90% of the posters!Vive Le Wrath!

Oh, and Jas, we find you pretty hilarious too! In fact you''ve even spawned an evil twin over there called Jizz the Barclay Queen

Mind you, at least you finally got rid of what was the worst and most annoying signature ever though

[quote user="BIC"]I think you''ll find infinitely more wisdom, wit and sanity on Wrath than on the Oink Un. Come on over, once you get used to it you''ll wonder why you ever posted here.
I can honestly say that the wrath provides me with a least one good belly laugh a day, whereas here a the sense of humour has largely bypassed 90% of the posters!

Vive Le Wrath!
[/quote]

Ha Ha...............ok I see your point , but the format is hell..................and some of the subjects on there on friday were straight out of the Sun or Daily Star...............maybe I was expecting to see some football orientated  chat !

As for the comedy content of the Pink Un ......................oh ! that is there in abundance ...............we obviously differ on which is the better site ..........but thats what opinion is for ! :)

[quote user="BIC"]Oh, and Jas, we find you pretty hilarious too! In fact you''ve even spawned an evil twin over there called Jizz the Barclay Queen

Mind you, at least you finally got rid of what was the worst and most annoying signature ever though
[/quote]

yes! an evil twin! you sir, are indeed a genius!

The format is unusual, but it also helps stimulate Wrath to be what it is. All of one day''s posts in a single long page, which means that threads, tedious or hilarious, tend to fall off the bottom of the screen before long, the reverse of what happens here. That''s obviously both good and bad, but it makes it new and interesting most days.  When I log in here, which is necoming ever rarer BTW, half the threads seem to be recycled/repeated/banging on and on, which doesn''t make for interesting reading. Of course, the main difference is that this seems to be a Norwich forum to talk about all things Norwich, while Wrath is a forum for Norwich fans who talk about anything and everything, obviously including Norwich. Judicious use of the filters can help the uninitiated dodge the lunch debates and occasional XIs

It does seem that this forum doesn''t really have the traffic to sustain multiple forum categories.  I''d be tempted to put them all in a big list in one "main category" forum, with sub categories appearing alongside the post title so that people can easily navigate.  Moving between sub-forums is a pain, and if the most topical subjects are held in one place (e.g. the Ferguson / Posh thread would probably be busier if it stayed where the traffic is, and you''d remove canarytoms raison d''etre at a stroke), then it would probably encourage a wider range of subjects and posts.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It does seem that this forum doesn''t really have the traffic to sustain multiple forum categories.  I''d be tempted to put them all in a big list in one "main category" forum, with sub categories appearing alongside the post title so that people can easily navigate.  Moving between sub-forums is a pain, and if the most topical subjects are held in one place (e.g. the Ferguson / Posh thread would probably be busier if it stayed where the traffic is, and you''d remove canarytoms raison d''etre at a stroke), then it would probably encourage a wider range of subjects and posts.
[/quote]

I agree and have long held the belief that all football posts should go into one forum with maybe a separate forum for stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the game (although maybe that''s not even necessary). I''m pretty sure that the main forum was titled ''Norwich City and Beyond'' briefly which allowed more general discussion and led to more interesting threads being seen and discussed by a broader group of posters. When OT stuff gets posted in the main forum it often attracts a fair response (until canarytom starts his usual p*ssing and moaning) yet if you post it in ''Other Football'' you never get a reply. That seems to suggest to me that it would be better to have all football related stuff in the same place as there is obviously an appetite for discussing broader issues that just NCFC.

The Wrath is like the Groucho Club.  Those of you who know what that is. 

There are some very clever funny people there.  Which reminds me - I must get back there.....

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It does seem that this forum doesn''t really have the traffic to sustain multiple forum categories.  [/quote]

I remember asking Pete the Mod how many hits this site has daily and it was thousands ( cant remember the exact figure). He also said that the bit at the bottom showing who was logged in was wrong, it doesn''t show the whole list of who''s logged in daily.

Suffice to say this site is more popular than people might think.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

There are some very clever funny people there.  Which reminds me - I must get back there.....

[/quote]And modest too...

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It does seem that this forum doesn''t really have the traffic to sustain multiple forum categories.  [/quote]

I remember asking Pete the Mod how many hits this site has daily and it was thousands ( cant remember the exact figure). He also said that the bit at the bottom showing who was logged in was wrong, it doesn''t show the whole list of who''s logged in daily.

Suffice to say this site is more popular than people might think.

[/quote]I''m sure it is Angel, but how often do you see a busy thread dragged off to a sub-forum which people don''t bother to contribute to ?  If it''s not under peoples'' noses, they tend not to get involved.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

[/quote]Like the Groucho eh? That''s priceless!! I''m guessing you''ve never been........

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

"Yeh he is (n/t)"

"shut up! (n/t)

"****ing **** (n/t)"

[/quote]

Bang on Jas.  Every time I''ve gone on there it has been exactly like that.  Do they have a house rule banning sentences or more than one thought in a post?

We have our literary embarrassments though less so since Chris departed but posters like Nutty and Mr Carrow are Kingsley Amis by comparison with WOTB.   God knows what they''d make of Mello.

Jizz the Barclay queen, love it, go on Jas, change it over.

Like I said, I like WOTB but hate the format with a passion.