Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Grrr just spent a while fumbling around looking at this weeks coupon due to Leedscanary asking me for my picks at the start of October.  Sorry Leeds but I only just seen your message tonight (as do not check the PM''s too often - unlike you they all hate me on here you see [;)]).  PS - I haven''t made a decision on whether I am going to the Tranmere game or not as yet (as looks like it could be a toss up between that and Southampton) I should be about in the City after the game hopefully either way though.

Here we go Trent, I can''t let all that good work of mine go to waste now can I?

My predictions, well I have two.  Firstly, what should be the banker in Monaco to beat Grenoble (who haven''t got a point all season so far) at home.  But if you fancy going for something a little more daring then Sporting Braga to win away at Guimares.

Well done Smudger. I''m going to take Monaco as you''re selection in our PUPs league. I hope you come back and have another go as often as you can. You are always welcome on the free bet pages.

As for my pick, well, this has been the hardest week for me. I always try to avoid clubs who have been playing in Europe midweek. I got my fingers burnt a few times last season and realised that the big clubs do often prioritise some games and rest players for others. Same with the FA Cup for me because you never know what side is going to be put out. And then reading this thread and seeing what all the PUPs have been selecting I think they''ll all win! I''m just lucky that I don''t have to do the final selections because I don''t see a bad pick amongst them. I always try to give the picker something different but this week, taking account of all my personal little fears and superstitions, I am unable to do that and the best I can find is in the Premier League :-

Manchester City     V     Burnley     Home Win

Stay away from the FA Cup!  The first round always throws up some strange results

I''ll have punt on

Albion Rovers v. Montrose = HOME win

Albion are doing well and Montrose are rock bottom and yet to win away this season

Welcome back to the fold, Smudger!

Just goes to show, that whatever anyones thoughts are on any other subject - the Free Bet thread is the one place where opinion and perception of others goes out of the window and we all pull together to raise money for FONCY, in memory of our dear friend Arrdee.

Now all we need is Gentleman Jim to return to us - If you''re looking in Jim, give us a selection mate.

And that goes to any other lurkers too - if you''re looking in, why not leave Trent a selection while you''re lurking?

For my Nap this week, I''m going to add weight to Smudger and Legend Iwan''s selection of MONACO.

Good Luck Trent,

Leedscanary

After 2 shocking weeks of making quick picks and coming unstuck I have studied the fixture list a bit more carefully this time and I quite fancy Rotherham to come up trumps against Wealdstone - Rotherham have had a slight blip in league form recently but what better way to get the ball rolling again than a cup win??....... at least that is the theory I am relying on!!!

Wealdstone v Rotherham - Away Win

Good luck Trent!!!

I was sorely tempted to back our boys this weekend, but I have never bet on Norwich City and can''t bring myself to do it this time. So, my pick this week takes me into the great unknown, and the Serbian Superliga.Red Star Belgrade are the early season pacesetters, having won 9 of their ten opening games, and drawing the other. Their opponents this week, the mighty FK Hajduk Kula no less, have lost four already. I can''t see Red Star slipping up in this one, so.....Crvena Zvezda vs FK Hajduk Kula - home winGood luck!

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

Nothing new from me I''m afraid, Man City should beat Bolton though.

Man C HOME WIN

Good Luck Trent

[/quote]They should do, except their playing Burnley.

[quote user="fonejacker"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

Nothing new from me I''m afraid, Man City should beat Bolton though.

Man C HOME WIN

Good Luck Trent

[/quote]

They should do, except their playing Burnley.
[/quote]

D''oh, thanks for pointing out my glaring error, still Man City should win hopefully as their record at Maine Road this season has been pretty good..[;)]

This week I''m going to break two of my golden rules. I don''t normally go for away wins, or bet on Norwich, so

Paulton Rovers v Norwich - Away win.

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Welcome back to the fold, Smudger!

Just goes to show, that whatever anyones thoughts are on any other subject - the Free Bet thread is the one place where opinion and perception of others goes out of the window and we all pull together to raise money for FONCY, in memory of our dear friend Arrdee.

Now all we need is Gentleman Jim to return to us - If you''re looking in Jim, give us a selection mate.

[/quote]Very well said, that goes for the likes of Mello, Cluck, Ricky etc if any of you happen to be reading. Also GJ if your about leave us a pick, I need all the help I can get right now [:$]

Like a number of PUPs before me, I''m really not keen on backing away wins or Norwich, however, I really can''t see past it this week.

Paulton -v- NORWICH   AWAY WIN

[I''ve had this message typed up for ages - just trying to persuade myself to press the "Post" button!!]  [:D][<:o)]

I am hoping to get back on track after Dynamo let me down last week after messing around and only drawing at home.

This week I am going for an away win[:O] and also for a Norwich win[:O].   So It''s -

Paulton Rovers vs Norwich City - Norwich to win, and an easy win at that.

Good luck everyone and the very best of luck to you Trent[:)][Y]

I have got a good feeling about this week.

Thanks everyone for your picks, as always its been very

tough to finalize six games. All but three of the teams selected are odds on,

showing the quality of picks. As mentioned at the start ive simply gone for the

six who I think are most likely to win. I had five nailed down pretty early on,

and couldn’t find a sixth I was 100% on. Man City have been stumbling lately, I

wasn’t sure about Arsenal away after a european tie, and the old firm are dropping points and also returning from european games – however a late entry today has

given me a sixth. I think the potential payout is going to be low, but I cant be

dealing with another 5/6 week! So im sticking with these. Im sure the vast

majority of napped teams will be winners, just hoping ive avoided the booby

traps. So here goes: -

Paulton v Norwich (Mr Bump, Beausant, CanaryRyan,

DDD, Brendan, city til I die, HissingSid, Hughesy, Shack attack, obiwan,

Sportsdesk pete, Kathy, Panic, ncfcstar, til1010, jellytot, GMF, Gazza, Mandie,

Norfolkbroadslim)  – If this one doesn’t

come in, then the free bet is the least of our problems.

Anorthosis v Ethnikos (Meth canary), – Last seasons

champions league qualifiers should have far too much for lowly Ethnikos. NN –

Price on Bet 365 of 1/6, nothing on ladbrokes yet.

Olympiakos v Iraklis (Fellas)– Olympiakos have always

been good to us on here. Top of the table, against Iraklis with four defeats

out of five away from home.

Monaco v Grenoble (NCFC Shaun, Diesel Doris, Smudger,

Legendiwan, Leeds Canary) – Third placed Monaco should continue the misery for

Grenoble who are rock bottom with 11 defeats in 11.

Swindon v Woking (New York Canary, TG Drinkell),  – League one Swindon, who I am led to believe

are putting out a full strength team, should be able to take care off BS South

Woking.

Crvena Zvesda/Red star belgrade v Hajduk Kola (Fone

jacker) – I hadnt even noticed this one, so good spot by Fonejacker.

Anyway all set for a super Saturday, Norwich, England v OZ

followed by Wales v NZ in the rugby, finished off with the Haye Valuev fight! And

off the top of my head all the picks are for Saturday games.Thanks for all your

selections, and fingers crossed.

Have had no time at all this week to do any preparation so my nap is Norwich to beat Paulton.

Good luck all, especially Trent!

Excellent picks Trent[Y] Once again it''s there for all to see how much skill, effort, care and attention has gone into the final six. It can surely only be the cruelest misfortune that stops us winning again for the Academy. I''ll get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds in plenty of time for us to see before the match at 12:45. I hope you''re enjoying the week so far,  I think we will all enjoy tomorrow [:)]

Sorry for the late pick- MONACO versus Grenoble, home win. Would explain the decision but not much point as the naps have already been selected.

Good picks, and heres to a winning week.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Trent Canary and Billy Dixon we have...

2/9 Norwich
1/5 Anorthosis
1/4    Olympiakos
1/3 Monaco
2/5 Swindon
1/5 Red Star Belgrade

Which will win for the Academy £31.07p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £21.85 which just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. This is a massive difference so don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Trent. These selections should provide plenty of excitement for all us PUPs throughout the day. If it goes as well as I expect it to do then we will still have time for a few beers before bedtime to celebrate your success.[<:o)][B][B][B][B][S]

So now it’s "game on" and we start with Norwich  who have a lunchtime kick-off. Swindon and Red Star Belgrade are this afternoon and Anorthosis, Olympiakos and Monaco are evening kick offs. I’m a bit confused about the times but you can check the scores on these links : -

Bonne chance mes amis[H]