Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Predictions for tonight...

I personally regard this competition highly.

It seems to be well thought out with it''s graded financial incentives and with the regional emphasis.

Most clubs in the lower divisions should welcome any chance of extra income, as we should.

Yes, we have other priorities and we also have to be concerned with injuries, but our squad should be as strong as any in this competition.

It would also delight me if we could pull off a Wembley appearance as this, along with promotion, would surely signal a revival of fortunes for our Club after a few disastrous seasons.

Besides, this is another game to follow on what otherwise would seem to be a boring winter''s night.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

I''m going for a 2-0 win for Swindon.

Reading Danny Wilson''s comments, it seems that he will be going for a (pretty much) full squad. In particular their best player, Douglas, is back from injury and will play tonight. On the basis that we will almost certainly going for a fair bit of youth, I can''t see us getting past this one.

I for one won''t be too disappointed about that, not worth risking semi fit players for this competition. The league is more important than a trip to Wembley, regardless of how much I would enjoy that trip!

[/quote]

Pretty much agree on both points. I don''t think we''ll be strong enough, and to come through without further injuries or cards would be good enough for me. Yes, it''s a potential trip to Wembley, but given how stretched the squad is at present, pragmatism should override ambition so that we can give maximum attention to the League.

[/quote]

I disagree. We have the chance to see our team at Wembley, and being Norwich City fans, that chance doesn''t come around too often. I for one would be gutted if we don''t go through tonight. I don''t think it will effect our league position, as confidence is what is keeping us going so strong at the minute. Wins in the cup will only strengthen that.

There will be a few players making a bid to get into Saturday''s team so I rekon the game will be very open. We are on for a 3-1 win.

I think the wheels may fall off tonight with a weakened squad and if they score early I can see us losing maybe 3-1. I''d really like to go to Wembley though so fingers crossed.

[quote user="Colorado Canary"]

I think City will win tonight, albeit on penalties. Really want to see a City v Leeds final at Wembley....

[/quote]

We Americans always get it right!

[quote user="Ole"]I think it will be 1-0 to Swindon or 0-0. Hopefully we can win on penalties...[/quote]Btw, we will beat Tranmere 3-1 this weekend [:D]

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="B-ru"]1-1 draw, win on pens after 90 mins[/quote]

Thats how I see it.

[/quote]

Well I was right about pens.