Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Predictions for tonight...

I''m going for a 2-0 win for Swindon.

Reading Danny Wilson''s comments, it seems that he will be going for a (pretty much) full squad. In particular their best player, Douglas, is back from injury and will play tonight. On the basis that we will almost certainly going for a fair bit of youth, I can''t see us getting past this one.

I for one won''t be too disappointed about that, not worth risking semi fit players for this competition. The league is more important than a trip to Wembley, regardless of how much I would enjoy that trip!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

I''m going for a 2-0 win for Swindon.

Reading Danny Wilson''s comments, it seems that he will be going for a (pretty much) full squad. In particular their best player, Douglas, is back from injury and will play tonight. On the basis that we will almost certainly going for a fair bit of youth, I can''t see us getting past this one.

I for one won''t be too disappointed about that, not worth risking semi fit players for this competition. The league is more important than a trip to Wembley, regardless of how much I would enjoy that trip!

[/quote]

Pretty much agree on both points. I don''t think we''ll be strong enough, and to come through without further injuries or cards would be good enough for me. Yes, it''s a potential trip to Wembley, but given how stretched the squad is at present, pragmatism should override ambition so that we can give maximum attention to the League.

[quote user="nu_matik"]2-2 super chris x 2[/quote]Who do you think will win the penalty shoot-out though? In the JPT they go straight into a shoot-out if the scores are level at the end of normal time

Aside from beating Woking in the FA cup on sat, Swindon haven''t won at home since August. And they had absolutely no threat in front of goal when they played at Carrow Rd a few weeks ago. We need Wiggins to be fit just so that we can field four defenders but even with injuries I still think we can have a good defence. I don''t believe Swindon have the ability to really exploit our defensive weaknesses in any case.Difficult to know who will partner Martin, but I think (hope) Cody has a good chance. I think lack of numbers will force The Hoop to play automatically giving us an attacking line up. It won''t be a Paulton Rovers scoreline but given our superb form I think we''ve got an excellent chance.OTBC

[quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="nu_matik"]2-2 super chris x 2[/quote]Who do you think will win the penalty shoot-out though? In the JPT they go straight into a shoot-out if the scores are level at the end of normal time[/quote]

im not even sure who our penalty takers are...?

anyone...?

[quote user="nu_matik"][quote user="HazzaJet"][quote user="nu_matik"]2-2 super chris x 2

[/quote]
Who do you think will win the penalty shoot-out though? In the JPT they go straight into a shoot-out if the scores are level at the end of normal time
[/quote] im not even sure who our penalty takers are...? anyone...?[/quote]

Wes isn''t it?

I think our bubble of optimism will be deflated a little tonight, albeit not burst (it''s only the JPT afterall).

Not a bad thing in my opinion, it would be all to easy to lose our focus when playing an "easy" game against Tranmere!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

I think our bubble of optimism will be deflated a little tonight, albeit not burst (it''s only the JPT afterall).

Not a bad thing in my opinion, it would be all to easy to lose our focus when playing an "easy" game against Tranmere!

[/quote]

If we win and continue to have a good chance of a Wembley appearance, surely that will help us to hang onto any waverers in January. Thus, I feel it may be a very bad thing if we lose. On top of that, I have never been to the new Wembley, and it would be a great experience to do it with this team.

2 -0 to us.

I have every confidence in PL to prepare whatever team goes out well enough to see Swindon off.

They posed no threat whatsoever to us at home the other week.

OTBC

I think it will be tight but Martin and McDonald will pose a threat. The defence will by and large be the same as well as much of our midfield. winning is a habit and i would like to see us in all competitions for as long as we can. wembly in the JPT would be a significant financial windfall for the club. 2 - 1 to Norwich

I think it will be 1-0 to Swindon or 0-0. Hopefully we can win on penalties...

I refuse to put odd against us in what ever or who ever we play, I go to every match believing we will win and no different from tonight, 1 match closer to Wembley, I''m going for a 3-0 win to us