Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

well played nelson!!

First Wizard, thanks for confirming that you haven''t been watching the games other than TV. It seemed quite obvious but you appear to make comments with such conviction i thought maybe you did have some ground on which to base them. I would guess that the majority of people that have seen both play would agree that the Doc is considerably better. What motivates you to share an opinion which you cannot reasonably justify?

I think he has done well since he has been back and have ben impressed by his profesionalism, no head drops, no talk in media about being angry and wanting to leave, he has just done his talking on the pitch.

I think that Doc is a far better player than Nelson, who has serious limitations when the ball is on the ground, I would have Doc in my team over him all day. The one good thing now, is that Doc and JBA have to be at the top of their game as they know Nelson is back. And I won''t be too bothered if Nelson has to come back.

Back to the Doc, I do have some worries about him, we are all not too confident of him and think that he will make a mistake, although I sometimes think that people want him to fail! The thing with Doc and has always been, is confidence in his centre back partner and keeper, he gets that and he plays well and confident, I don''t think he is a natural leader of a defence and needs to be helped along the way by an ''experianced'' centre back.

And back to the topic, Nelson done everything needed, nothing more, his clearances are something that need to be looked at as he has a tendacy to hoof the ball out, ok when needed do it, but when not, he needs to up his game.

[quote user="The gut"]First Wizard, thanks for confirming that you haven''t been watching the games other than TV. It seemed quite obvious but you appear to make comments with such conviction i thought maybe you did have some ground on which to base them. I would guess that the majority of people that have seen both play would agree that the Doc is considerably better. What motivates you to share an opinion which you cannot reasonably justify?[/quote]

Err? thats my opinion nothing more,and believe it or not, you''re allowed to do this on a message board! And you just wait until the next big Doc cock up............there''ll be multiple threads against him on here...........none of which, will be started by me!

That''s the problem WIz, people are waiting for him to cock up so that they can slate him and I don''t doubt for one minute that it will be a Doc bashing if he cocks up, unlike if JBA does.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]That''s the problem WIz, people are waiting for him to cock up so that they can slate him and I don''t doubt for one minute that it will be a Doc bashing if he cocks up, unlike if JBA does.[/quote]

As with Curo mate!

But I take your point though.[Y]

Agree with Curo too, although not my favorite player by a country mile, I still want him to do well and certainly don''t want or waiting for him to fail.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Agree with Curo too, although not my favorite player by a country mile, I still want him to do well and certainly don''t want or waiting for him to fail.[/quote]

Thanks for the timely lesson CIB, I''ll try, try, and cut the Doc some slacik..............but I still say Lambert prefers Nelson to him, as do I.[;)]

Err? I''m not questioning your freedom to post an opinion, but cannot understand why you or anyone else would do so when they have very little or no facts to make an opinion.

A liitle exaggerated I know but it''s the equivalent of me saying that Leroy Lita is currently playing better than Alan Lee despite not seeing either of them play this season but believing Warnock would have liked to sign Lita and wanted to sell Lee. An opinion that I cannot REASONABLY justify, therefore I would not make it, even if I thought it was the case.

I have no doubt that there will be multiple threads slating the Doc if he makes a cock up, I think it is reasonable to assume several have already been waiting for a few weeks now to do so. By the same token I expect there to be quite a few if Nelson cocks up. What has that got to do with the price of fish?

I think I read another post from you saying something similar to Nelson was getting back to his best, is this also based on the number of times you have seen him on TV?

I never miss a home game and don''t feel I''ve seen him enough to know what his best is yet so I will make no comment on it, but from what I have seen of both players Doc is currently performing better.

I still struggle to understand what motivates you in particular to post an opinion you cannot reasonably justify.

[quote user="The gut"]I still struggle to understand what motivates you in particular to post an opinion you cannot reasonably justify.[/quote]

Two things, attention seeking and getting the post count up. [Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

He was Lambets prefered first choice until his injury let donk, sorry, doc, back in, and he will be again..........bye bye Doc.[Y]

[/quote]Oh dear, still you continue this pathetic vendetta. Nelson is nowhere near as good as Doherty. FACT.[/quote]

And I will continue to do so until he''s gone, Lambert is no fool, as you and the Doc will find out.

[/quote]Which presumably is why Curo''s in the reserves.

FAO First Wizard - the other post I was referring to was this one

First Wizard wrote the following post at 08/11/2009 11:10 AM:

Agreed, he''s looking sharp again

The gist is the same.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

I thought he did alright, as did everyone, hence the result.

But I don''t think he''s likely to threaten the places of Doc or JBL in the first team unless one of them suffers a severe dip in form.

[/quote]

He was Lambets prefered first choice until his injury let donk, sorry, doc, back in, and he will be again..........bye bye Doc.[Y]

[/quote]

So what did you make of his goal today then Wizard?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

But I don''t think he''s likely to threaten the places of Doc or JBL in the first team unless one of them suffers a severe dip in form.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something blocked Wizard''s view...............10 miles.[:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A tap in, but of course he had to be there to tap it in............and don''t try and get pissy with me dear!

[quote user="The gut"]Apologies for not clarifying that my last post is for the attention of First Wizard.[/quote]

Until you realise that I''ve seen the Doc play live many times pal, there''s no point crossing swords with you ok?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A tap in, but of course he had to be there to tap it in............and don''t try and get pissy with me dear!

[/quote]

Be warned Canary Angel - or not as the case may be.  Actually it''s an Old Git stuck in Lowestoft whose knowledge of football can mostly be written on the back of a second class postage stamp while leaving room for modest extracts from the Qu''ran.

[:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Be warned Canary Angel - or not as the case may be.  Actually it''s an Old Git stuck in Lowestoft whose knowledge of football can mostly be written on the back of a second class postage stamp while leaving room for modest extracts from the Qu''ran.

[/quote]
[quote]Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate...[/quote]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[quote]Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate...[/quote]

[/quote]

But not in this case. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was 30 miles to begin with and ( allegedly ) Wizard sponged a lift but, understandably, the driver dropped him off in Great Yarmouth at the amusements. Wizard then sponged another lift towards Norwich but demanded to be let out of the car at Acle. Apparently, being "straight" for more than ten miles was more than Wizard could handle. Desperate at that point he sought out a pub in Acle that was showing Coronation street re-runs. One of the Rovers Returns regulars said that old Doherty had more than he could handle. That was good enough for Wizard. [:D] 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="The gut"]Apologies for not clarifying that my last post is for the attention of First Wizard.[/quote]

Until you realise that I''ve seen the Doc play live many times pal, there''s no point crossing swords with you ok?

[/quote]

I accept you may have seen  Doc play many times in the past on which you can make an opinion of his ability but I question how many times you have seen him AND Nelson this season to make a comparison. I suspect that it is not many. If I am wrong I apologise, but will be eternally amazed that you have been able to conclude that Nelson is currently better.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was 30 miles to begin with and ( allegedly ) Wizard sponged a lift but, understandably, the driver dropped him off in Great Yarmouth at the amusements. Wizard then sponged another lift towards Norwich but demanded to be let out of the car at Acle. Apparently, being "straight" for more than ten miles was more than Wizard could handle. Desperate at that point he sought out a pub in Acle that was showing Coronation street re-runs. One of the Rovers Returns regulars said that old Doherty had more than he could handle. That was good enough for Wizard. [:D] 

[/quote]

1st, the gut.  No Norwich fan has seen Nelson play plenty of times.  In the few games he HAS played (apart from Colchester) we have done very well. Same with the Dork.

As for Yankee C, is JBL the guy who retired from wrestling? I can''t think of any present Norwich player who you might otherwise mean. Granted, I am pretty toasted with Budweisers.

Is it YC again for point being countered?  There is no way in HELL the Dork would ever elicit a mention on Coronation Street, let alone the situation you set up for it.

Mos of you p*ss taking point scorers can quite frankly all go to hell!

Cam, the Yank Plank and Texas, sorry Houston, all have axes to grind from previous encounters with the wiz, and especially Cam who''s never forgotten his last run in with me eslewhere!

I saw you as losers then as I do now.........and at least I go to Carrow Road!

I repeat Go To Hell!

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1st, the gut.  No Norwich fan has seen Nelson play plenty of times.  In the few games he HAS played (apart from Colchester) we have done very well. Same with the Dork.

As for Yankee C, is JBL the guy who retired from wrestling? I can''t think of any present Norwich player who you might otherwise mean. Granted, I am pretty toasted with Budweisers.

Is it YC again for point being countered?  There is no way in HELL the Dork would ever elicit a mention on Coronation Street, let alone the situation you set up for it.

[/quote]

Yes, you must be HC, and it''s been going on for some time I think. Your perceptive skills are on a low burner. Didn''t I see you starting a thread yesterday equiring as to what a "chav" is?

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Houston Canary, you''re not getting my drift, but my drift is for the First Wizard to get. I''m sure he hasn''t been to a game this season and seen Nelson play so really can''t judge. I never said anyone has seen him play PLENTY of times, I''ve mentioned that myself previously. Those that have seen them both this season though can make a comparison on what they have seen.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Cam, the Yank Plank and Texas, sorry Houston, all have axes to grind from previous encounters with the wiz, and especially Cam who''s never forgotten his last run in with me eslewhere!

I repeat Go To Hell!

[/quote]

We have you bang to rights on Gunn''s surviving daughter (before the EDP binned it) and a pic of you via Carrow Road net.

Dreadful business but sometimes hugely enjoyable.[:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"]

I repeat Go To Hell!

[/quote]

We have you bang to rights on Gunn''s surviving daughter (before the EDP binned it) and a pic of you via Carrow Road net.

Dreadful business but sometimes hugely enjoyable.[:P]

[/quote]

Its all a case really of I don''t mind............and you don''t matter....................and never will!

Your opinions are your own Wiz and as misguided as they usually are you are still entitled to them.

What you aren''t entitled to though is to say what Lamberts opinions are. If he preferred Nelson to Docs he would be playing him. He had an ideal oportunity this week after a clean sheet in the paint pot on Tuesday but instead brought Docs straight back. He did that because his current form is excelent and (get this) he preferrs him to Nelson.