Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

well played nelson!!

this guy has had a lot of stick this season but i thought he was excellent yesterday especially considering he had been out for so long. well done!!

I thought he did alright, as did everyone, hence the result.

But I don''t think he''s likely to threaten the places of Doc or JBL in the first team unless one of them suffers a severe dip in form.

[quote user="GJP"]

But I don''t think he''s likely to threaten the places of Doc or JBL in the first team unless one of them suffers a severe dip in form.

[/quote]

JBL? Didn''t realise he played for us, wondered why he hadn''t wrestled for a while...

Yeah agreed, Nelson played well, sticking the ball out of the ground to take the wind out of Paulton''s sails early on was very clever. Slowed the game down and gave us a chance to step up a gear. Overall he was very solid too.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

JBL? Didn''t realise he played for us, wondered why he hadn''t wrestled for a while...

Yeah agreed, Nelson played well, sticking the ball out of the ground to take the wind out of Paulton''s sails early on was very clever. Slowed the game down and gave us a chance to step up a gear. Overall he was very solid too.

[/quote]

I sort of knew it wasn''t right as I typed it. But I think the L in his name must have confused my brain.

Anyhoo, yeah, Nelson does seem to struggle a bit with his passing. Doesn''t look like he''s got much more than a hopeful hoof forward in his locker.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

He was Lambets prefered first choice until his injury let donk, sorry, doc, back in, and he will be again..........bye bye Doc.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

He was Lambets prefered first choice until his injury let donk, sorry, doc, back in, and he will be again..........bye bye Doc.[Y]

[/quote]Oh dear, still you continue this pathetic vendetta. Nelson is nowhere near as good as Doherty. FACT.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Oh dear, still you continue this pathetic vendetta. Nelson is nowhere near as good as Doherty. FACT.[/quote]Correct.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Doherty has shown in recent weeks that he is, by some distance, a much better defender. Which Paul Lambert will know as well.

[/quote]

Oh dear, still you continue this pathetic vendetta. Nelson is nowhere near as good as Doherty. FACT.
[/quote]

And I will continue to do so until he''s gone, Lambert is no fool, as you and the Doc will find out.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Oh dear, still you continue this pathetic vendetta. Nelson is nowhere near as good as Doherty. FACT.
[/quote]

And I will continue to do so until he...

[/quote]

...signs a new contract in the summer.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And I will continue to do so until he''s gone, Lambert is no fool, as you and the Doc will find out.

[/quote]

Like you will really make a difference.  As an aside, how many times have you seen The Doc play this season Wiz?  Just curious....

what you on about i thought nelson was meant to be a good player. . all he can do is play the ball the way he facing. . thats not a good player

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like you will really make a difference.  As an aside, how many times have you seen The Doc play this season Wiz?  Just curious....

[/quote]

To be fair to an honest question Dicky, not much apart from televised games, and as you know, until Nelson''s injury, he was finished in Lamberts eyes and didn''t play!.

But over the years I''ve seen enough live games with him in the team to realise he''s a total disaster!.........I maintain he still is!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s just funny. No-one in their right mind would choose Nelson over the Doc given the Doc''s current form. He''s is one of the main reasons we are doing so well at the moment. All those people that have been giving him good ratings recently, including some previously anti-doc people, have been doing so for a reason. i.e. he''s been playing well. If you talk to neutrals who see Norwich play, you''ll find that they rate the Doc far more than Nelson. But you continue to be deluded by all means, it is very entertaining after all.

[quote user="Stranger44"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s just funny. No-one in their right mind would choose Nelson over the Doc given the Doc''s current form. He''s is one of the main reasons we are doing so well at the moment. All those people that have been giving him good ratings recently, including some previously anti-doc people, have been doing so for a reason. i.e. he''s been playing well. If you talk to neutrals who see Norwich play, you''ll find that they rate the Doc far more than Nelson. But you continue to be deluded by all means, it is very entertaining after all.

[/quote]

When all the injuries clear up, lets see just how deluded I am then sunshine........and just why did Doc lose the captancy? ask yourself that one!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Stranger44"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When all the injuries clear up, lets see just how deluded I am then sunshine........and just why did Doc lose the captancy? ask yourself that one!

[/quote]

I don''t care why he lost the captaincy. The fact is that since he came back in, he has been in great form and undoubtedly one of our best players. Anyone that thinks a manager should drop a player in good form, disrupt a good partnership and bring someone back in who is hardly proven, clearly knows nothing about football. I am very glad that you are not our manager thats for sure.

Nelson is not in the same league as Doherty, not impressed me once when i''ve seen him, dives in far too easily, mis-judgements galore and by god his distribution wouldn''t be out of place in a pub game.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Nelson is not in the same league as Doherty, not impressed me once when i''ve seen him, dives in far too easily, mis-judgements galore and by god his distribution wouldn''t be out of place in a pub game.
[/quote]

Well said - couldn''t agree more.

I am certainly not a fan of Doc but I think he has found his level and is doing an OK job. Personally, I didn''t think Nelson looked that great yesterday and he wouldn''t have looked out of place in their team.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed[Y] Nelson makes Valuev look sprightly. Yes he did his job yesterday,but he still made me nervous!! Long live the Doc!

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed[Y] Nelson makes Valuev look sprightly. Yes he did his job yesterday,but he still made me nervous!! Long live the Doc!

[/quote]

Watching at such close quarters yesterday I was impressed by the way Nelson talked to the players around and in front of him - not effing and blinding but loud and commanding, spotting slack marking or an opponent coming up on the blind side for instance - brought back memories of Duncan Forbes!  It''s not something the Doc is particularly good at. 

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Watching at such close quarters yesterday I was impressed by the way Nelson talked to the players around and in front of him - not effing and blinding but loud and commanding, spotting slack marking or an opponent coming up on the blind side for instance - brought back memories of Duncan Forbes!  It''s not something the Doc is particularly good at. 

[/quote]

Cheers for that CC.It''s good to hear from someone that was there.It''s just with the relentless Doc bashing,i couldn''t help but stick up for him.I think a lot will agree that the Doc has vastly improved since being stripped of the captaincy.Maybe too much thinking was screwing up his game.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers for that CC.It''s good to hear from someone that was there.It''s just with the relentless Doc bashing,i couldn''t help but stick up for him.I think a lot will agree that the Doc has vastly improved since being stripped of the captaincy.Maybe too much thinking was screwing up his game.

[/quote]

LOL!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

To be fair to an honest question Dicky, not much apart from televised games, and as you know, until Nelson''s injury, he was finished in Lamberts eyes and didn''t play!.

But over the years I''ve seen enough live games with him in the team to realise he''s a total disaster!.........I maintain he still is!

[/quote]

To be fair if you haven''t seen him play much in the past 2 or 3 seasons then its a bit unfair for you to judge him on a couple of tv performances.

I personally think he''s done really well since he''s come back after being dropped.Also he didn''t let his head drop when he thought he was on his way out, he remains professional and gives his all for this club.

Isn''t it time to cut him some slack Wiz?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Cue Houston Canary....

[/quote]

Noooooo,please God,no!![:P]