Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Is the NCFC board ready, willing and able?

To do what? To back Lambert as they did Worthington in the season we last got promotion to anywhere?

Remember the boosts given by the various loans/signings of Crouch, Huckerby, Harper, Svenson, McKenzie and that very useful Kevin Cooper? 

Is the board ready? Probably

Is the board willing? Probably

Is the board able? Hmmm.......

If the ability to back Lambert is in doubt, I suggest that the board ''strongly advise'' Delia to eat humble pie and say sorry before inviting Peter Cullum for tea and cake - and working somethjng out. After all, wouldn''t that be in everybodies interests?

November is on us, Christmas approaches, the January window is around the corner............Tempus fugit.

[8]Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat;
Please to put some pennies in Paul Lambert''s hat,
Please to put  some pennies in Paul Lambert''s hat.

If you can''t find some pennies, some haypennies will do;
If you can''t find some haypennies, we won''t love you,
And If you can''t find a haypenny, then God help you.[8]

McNally, Lambert and the lads are doing their jobs better than any of us had dared hope.

What do you think? Is the the NCFC board ready, willing and able to give them that boost?

What say you?

OTBC

I can''t see a big financial push happening in League 1. The income difference is not that big between L1 and the CCC. Any major investment to increase the chance of promotion would unlikely be rewarded by significant extra funds in the CCC. However if we were in the same position in the CCC i.e. top 5, then a big financial push would be more likely with the possible reward of promotion to the Prem.

Somehow I feel Delia will be quietly happy right now. Costs have gone down along with the major expense of player wages. Fans are happy as we are winning again. I think promotion to CCC will be a benefit rather than a must do this year.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]I can''t see a big financial push happening in League 1. The income difference is not that big between L1 and the CCC. Any major investment to increase the chance of promotion would unlikely be rewarded by significant extra funds in the CCC. However if we were in the same position in the CCC i.e. top 5, then a big financial push would be more likely with the possible reward of promotion to the Prem. Somehow I feel Delia will be quietly happy right now. Costs have gone down along with the major expense of player wages. Fans are happy as we are winning again. I think promotion to CCC will be a benefit rather than a must do this year.[/quote]

Well, the declared primary objective of the NCFC board this year is promotion.

Are you suggesting that Delia''s position  is not fully aligned with this objective? Because if men of the ilk of Lambert, McNally and Bowkett think they''ve been taken for a ride, then..............either they''ll be off at the first opportunity or ''all hell gonna pop''.

OTBC

I think Lambert will have a little to spend in January. Not much, maybe a couple of defenders and a possibly a wide player.

The only thing I think we are not doing is using the loan market. I know that it was over used last season but that is no reason to ignore it this year.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]I can''t see a big financial push happening in League 1. The income difference is not that big between L1 and the CCC. Any major investment to increase the chance of promotion would unlikely be rewarded by significant extra funds in the CCC. However if we were in the same position in the CCC i.e. top 5, then a big financial push would be more likely with the possible reward of promotion to the Prem. Somehow I feel Delia will be quietly happy right now. Costs have gone down along with the major expense of player wages. Fans are happy as we are winning again. I think promotion to CCC will be a benefit rather than a must do this year.[/quote]

£2.1million in TV money alone to be precise. £2.5m for those in the Championship, £444k for League One clubs. Then you also have to factor in the increase in coporate sponsorship, advertising, merchandising etc that comes along with being in thte Championsip. Plus you''re only one good season away from being in the riches of the Premiership. For me, that is a huge income gap between the Championship and League One, for the first time really thanks to the new TV deal and I feel it is imperitve that we achieve promotion as soon as possible, with this year representing our best opportunity.

Source:

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sports-news/Championship-worth-25m-for-Pool.5192249.jp

I think you are somewhat deluded if that latter statement is what you really think. If we do not go up this year my opinion is we will lose Hoolahan, Russell and probably anyone else half decent and will probably go into administration. It will probably set the club back 2 or 3 years.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

...I suggest that the board ''strongly advise'' Delia to eat humble pie and say sorry before inviting Peter Cullum for tea and cake...

[/quote]

I suggest that you explain why exactly she should do that.

I never understand this we will go into administration stuff - where is the evidence - we merely have to reduce our costs to match our revenue - which is what we have always done and has been the source of all the criticism as some people would rather we went bust.

[quote user="T"]I never understand this we will go into administration stuff - where is the evidence - we merely have to reduce our costs to match our revenue - which is what we have always done and has been the source of all the criticism as some people would rather we went bust.[/quote]

Alot of it is scaremongering and guessing, we won''t have a clearer picture until last year''s accounts are published...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

...I suggest that the board ''strongly advise'' Delia to eat humble pie and say sorry before inviting Peter Cullum for tea and cake...

[/quote]

[/quote]Mustachio, I''m afraid Bly is in one of his otherworldly Zen trances,

but as his honoured amanuensis and representative on Earth I can

explain this.

Forget the "humble pie" bit; that was just mischievous Bly being his

charmingly provocative self. What he means is that Delia should invite

Peter for tea, and Peter can hand over a cheque for just under £1m. In

return Delia will hand over the 33,000-odd shares that the directors

created two years in the hope that some multi-millionaire fan would buy

them.

And that will provide a timely boost for January''s transfer dealings.

Assuaging any fears that our promotion push might falter for lack of

cash.

That was what Bly was talking about. I mean, what else?!

I''d like to say yes, they are, but past experiences make me a tad sceptical, but if we face an O''NeIl situation again they''ll be all hell to pay!

And rightly so.

[quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mustachio, I''m afraid Bly is in one of his otherworldly Zen trances, but as his honoured amanuensis and representative on Earth I can explain this.

Forget the "humble pie" bit; that was just mischievous Bly being his charmingly provocative self. What he means is that Delia should invite Peter for tea, and Peter can hand over a cheque for just under £1m. In return Delia will hand over the 33,000-odd shares that the directors created two years in the hope that some multi-millionaire fan would buy them.

And that will provide a timely boost for January''s transfer dealings. Assuaging any fears that our promotion push might falter for lack of cash.

That was what Bly was talking about. I mean, what else?![/quote]

Thanks CP, £1m seems a fair price, if a tad speculative. I mean, for the sake of the Club shouldn''t she be giving them away? I know lots on here who, if in her position, would throw it all away to appease the fans [;)] .

[quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mustachio, I''m afraid Bly is in one of his otherworldly Zen trances, but as his honoured amanuensis and representative on Earth I can explain this.

Forget the "humble pie" bit; that was just mischievous Bly being his charmingly provocative self. What he means is that Delia should invite Peter for tea, and Peter can hand over a cheque for just under £1m. In return Delia will hand over the 33,000-odd shares that the directors created two years in the hope that some multi-millionaire fan would buy them.

And that will provide a timely boost for January''s transfer dealings. Assuaging any fears that our promotion push might falter for lack of cash.

Well, if they created another 33,000 at 30 quid each and she and Peter enjoyed their tea the upshot would be 2m quid which would pretty much do the trick. 1m sounds a bit marginal. Of course a dinner date for May would also have to be booked to finalise the new arrangements for next season.[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Mustachio, I''m afraid Bly is in one of his otherworldly Zen trances, but as his honoured amanuensis and representative on Earth I can explain this.Forget the "humble pie" bit; that was just mischievous Bly being his charmingly provocative self. What he means is that Delia should invite Peter for tea, and Peter can hand over a cheque for just under £1m. In return Delia will hand over the 33,000-odd shares that the directors created two years in the hope that some multi-millionaire fan would buy them.And that will provide a timely boost for January''s transfer dealings. Assuaging any fears that our promotion push might falter for lack of cash.That was what Bly was talking about. I mean, what else?![/quote]

Well, if they created another 33,000 at 30 quid each and she and Peter enjoyed their tea the upshot would be 2m quid which would pretty much do the trick. 1m sounds a bit marginal. Of course a dinner date for May would also have to be booked to finalise the new arrangements for next season.[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Of course this would need to be voted through at the forthcoming AGM,

so a resolution needs to be put forward and circulated pretty quickly.

But I''m sure the Carrow Road bureaucracy can cope with that.

Making a total of 60,000 new shares would reduce Smith and Jones''s

majority but it would still be a comfortable 55 per cent, so no real

problem there.

I have to say it is refreshing to have posters agreeing on what might have been a divisive issue!

There are no real financial incentives in the short term to being in the CCC. The extra TV revenue would probably beeaten up on wages.Most fans are enjoying football again. I hardly enjoyed a game last year and other than the Colchester game i have enjoyed them all. Having said that i think we have every chance of going up in second place it is there for the taking. I do not think our better players will go either unless a top 4 CCC side came in for them. Well over half the CCC are watched by less than 14000 and i do not think you can underestimate the attraction this club has for many lower league players

[quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Of course this would need to be voted through at the forthcoming AGM, so a resolution needs to be put forward and circulated pretty quickly. But I''m sure the Carrow Road bureaucracy can cope with that.

Making a total of 60,000 new shares would reduce Smith and Jones''s majority but it would still be a comfortable 55 per cent, so no real problem there.

I have to say it is refreshing to have posters agreeing on what might have been a divisive issue!

[/quote]

It also all depends of course on whether or not they have a nice tea.

It''s surprising how an open smile, a cheery but sober greeting and a gentle hand on the arm can change the affairs of states, let alone football clubs.

False pride on the other hand comes before a fall.

We''ll see.

OTBC

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''d like to say yes, they are, but past experiences make me a tad sceptical, but if we face an O''NeIl situation again they''ll be all hell to pay!

And rightly so.

[/quote]O''Neil was promised funds that were not forthcoming, hense him getting pis8ed off and leaving. Was Lambert when he got the job? Or was he made fully aware of the financial situation?

[quote user="Dr. Ink"] The income difference is not that big between L1 and the CCC. [/quote]

£3m (minimum) missed from the TV and commercial revenue.

Approx £650k from the rebates that were kept

Empty corporate boxes - e.g., have a look at the River End (N. & P.) boxes.

I haven''t checked to see if the price of casual seats have fallen but if they have, then you need to take that into consideration.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"] Costs have gone down along with the major expense of player wages. Fans are happy as we are winning again. I think promotion to CCC will be a benefit rather than a must do this year.[/quote]

I suspect the overheads have not been cut enough and we still have a sizeable funding gap. The gap for this season being filled by players sales (Marshall, Clingan) and the directors.

What do you suggest they do next season re the funding gap if we dont get promoted? Who will we sell? Holt? Hoolihan? Thats why promotion is a MUST this season.

[quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Of course this would need to be voted through at the forthcoming AGM, so a resolution needs to be put forward and circulated pretty quickly. But I''m sure the Carrow Road bureaucracy can cope with that.

Making a total of 60,000 new shares would reduce Smith and Jones''s majority but it would still be a comfortable 55 per cent, so no real problem there.

[/quote]

Who is going to put £1.8m (60,000 @ £30) into NCFC Plc and have no effective say?

This is because The Stowmarket Two according to your figures would still have a majority (55%) holding. 

Furthermore its clear that while the net book value per ordinary share is £30 it could also be argued that they are worth zero using a net realisable value method.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="First Wizard"]

And rightly so.

[/quote]

O''Neil was promised funds that were not forthcoming, hense him getting pis8ed off and leaving. [/quote]

£2m was borrowed as an overdraft by NCFC under Chase to keep the squad together and provide O''Neill with a transfer pot.

£650k was spent on Fleck (part 2) who scored for a half a season and then hardly scored for the following two and half seasons. He was on loan at Bristol City who I believe turned down the offer to sign him for a couple of hundred thousand!! Then another £300k was spent on Matthew Rush who got injured.

If we hadn''t overpaid for Fleck we would have had the £400k for Windass!

[quote]Who is going to put £1.8m (60,000 @ £30) into NCFC Plc and have no effective say?[/quote]Good question - the 3 new directors seem to have a lot of say in the club at the moment, for a lot less.

The AGM is mentioned on this thread, and I find the deferral of the AGM to 2 February 2010 very interesting. It is two days after the transfer window closes.

In discussion elsewhere it was suggested this would be because the Board were confident of basking in the glory of having done a good bit of business during the transfer window. I personally don''t think the Board can rely on this at such a remove.

I think they have called it for then so as not release the financial statements too early. That is for two reasons:

1. To not let on how much cash we are carrying, therefore revealing our transfer pot to selling clubs who nudge the price up accordingly, thus reducing the number of options we might have, or

2. To not let on how little cash we have so if we do offload players we don''t run the risk of buying clubs making the club sweat and taking a lower price.

Either way, keeping our hand close to our chests by not revealing too much is interesting.

The other point about the date is that it is not right up at the end of February which is the filing deadline for the accounts. For the doom mongerers out there this would suggest that the Board are confident about sign off already and there is no issue of going concern (usually this leads to accounts either not being signed off until the last minute or in the case of Hull months late!).

Either way I think this shows the Board are in a positive mood.

Of course the date could have been chosen for none of the above reasons and it''s the only date Delia can do this side of Easter!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Who is going to put £1.8m (60,000 @ £30) into NCFC Plc and have no effective say?[/quote]

Good question - the 3 new directors seem to have a lot of say in the club at the moment, for a lot less.
[/quote]

They only have a say for the time being because if they walked out what do you think the fans response would be?

Thats why they had to move quick to remove Gunn.....

[quote user="shefcanary"]The AGM is mentioned on this thread, and I find the deferral of the AGM to 2 February 2010 very interesting. It is two days after the transfer window closes.[/quote]

I thought it was interesting too when I read the letter this morning.  Lets hope its a case of signing good players.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Who is going to put £1.8m (60,000 @ £30) into NCFC Plc and have no effective say?[/quote]Good question - the 3 new directors seem to have a lot of say in the club at the moment, for a lot less.[/quote]Yes indeed. And buying 30,000 shares at £1m, which was my suggestion (Bly topped the idea up to 60,000 shares) would guarantee influence (because it would effectively buy a place on the board if desired) AND boost the transfer fund.Ultimate power will rest with Smith and Jones while they stay as owners, but influence is not to be sniffed at. There used to be a half-decent argument that it would be against Cullum''s interests to become a minority shareholder because - oddly - it might undercut his efforts to become the majority shareholder. But since he has very publicly ruled himself out of the running to become owner that argument no longer applies.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1.   Because she treated him badly first time around, and undeservedly so.

2.   It would be in the interests of the club.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

And you know personally not by someone else that she treated him badly do you? 100% certain?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

And you know personally not by someone else that she treated him badly do you? 100% certain?

[/quote]

Now, now CIB, if it was a prerequisite for Bly or Wizard to know anything ( never mind about the "for certain" bit ) then they would hardly ever start a thread on here.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now, now CIB, if it was a prerequisite for Bly or Wizard to know anything ( never mind about the "for certain" bit ) then they would hardly ever start a thread on here.

[/quote]

Dearie me.

Yankee, I''ll be kind. Why don''t you attempt to engage the substance of the matter initiated in the OT rather than joining the knit-picking club in search of sidetracking via minor thrills? It''s too easy to be lazy.

So, try it nuh?

OTBC