Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

In the lead up to 2010...

what are your predictions for the next 9 league games?Mine are as follows:Tranmere H                   wSouthampton A              dBrighton H                     wSouthend A                   wOldham H                      wYeovil A                         dHuddersfield H                wMilwall H                        wWalsall A                         dso thats 25 + 21 which is 46 points at the half way stage.What do you guys think>?

Tranmere H                   DSouthampton A           LBrighton H                     DSouthend A                   LOldham H                      WYeovil A                         LHuddersfield H               DMilwall H                        LWalsall A                         L"Lambert Out!" banners outside Carrow Road in time for the New Year''s Day Massacre where the Holiday Inn is stormed by irate Snake Pit season ticket holders who throw staff from the windows.  This costs the club £193,000 to repair the damage which means we miss out on a left back from Grays Athletic and end up relegated in 25th place.

Tranmere H                   W

Southampton A              D
Brighton H                     W
Southend A                   W
Oldham H                      W
Yeovil A                         W
Huddersfield H                D

Milwall H                        W
Walsall A                         W

A fair measure of how we are doing and subsequently the optimism that follows that we are now looking at most games with the view we can win.

S''oton and Millwall will prove Aa real test. Both are on the up and S''oyon would be up with us had they not been deducted points.

Other than Huddersfield we should be looking at 15 points from the others.

Oldham could go either way so a draw would be acceptable. 5 wins and a couple of draws from these games would certainly put us in a good position to push on for automatic promotion.

At this stage all we can do is grind out the results. Not let wins be snatched away as draws - and where we are trailing keep plugging away as with Gillingham and Charlton.

And given the late goals we''ve been getting I''ve a feeling we can do it. Remember four of the fist teamers are those we had written off, Docherty, Russell, Hoolahan and Lappin. Throw in Spillane and Martin who could easi;y have drifted away. A cracking crop of youth team players breaking through and the future looks very good..

All we need now is for Theo and Cureton to be brought back and it''ll be xmas every day !

Tranmere H              W    

Southampton A         D 
Brighton H                W    
Southend A                L  

Oldham H                 W 

Yeovil A                    W
Huddersfield H            D   

Milwall H                    W   
Walsall A                    W   

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]what are your predictions for the next 9 league games?Mine are as follows:Tranmere H                   wSouthampton A              dBrighton H                     wSouthend A                   wOldham H                      wYeovil A                         dHuddersfield H                wMilwall H                        wWalsall A                         dso thats 25 + 21 which is 46 points at the half way stage.What do you guys think>?[/quote]So we''re suddenly going 11 unbeaten? I love that we''re winning games at the moment but we''ll lose a couple in that run.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "]what are your predictions for the next 9 league games?Mine are as follows:Tranmere H                   wSouthampton A              dBrighton H                     wSouthend A                   wOldham H                      wYeovil A                         dHuddersfield H                wMilwall H                        wWalsall A                         dso thats 25 + 21 which is 46 points at the half way stage.What do you guys think>?[/quote]So we''re suddenly going 11 unbeaten? I love that we''re winning games at the moment but we''ll lose a couple in that run. [/quote]we''re good enough to go 11 unbeaten imo

Southampton A              L
Yeovil A                         D

Milwall H                        L
Walsall A                         D

If we get more though I''ll be quite happy

Tranmere H                   WSouthampton A              LBrighton H                     WSouthend A                   DOldham H                      WYeovil A                         WHuddersfield H                DMilwall H                        LWalsall A                         W

Southampton A              W
Huddersfield H                W

[quote user="canarytom"]Tranmere H                   WSouthampton A              WBrighton H                     WSouthend A                   WOldham H                      WYeovil A                         WHuddersfield H                WMilwall H                        WWalsall A                         W[/quote]you should plce a bet on that, prob get good odds

We did play well against Leeds, but it''s not like we created a lot of chances. If it wasn''t for some excellent work by Forster (before the kick) and Semmy''s ability to keep up with Beckford (before having a quick doze) we would of lost by more than a one goal margin.

It is all well and good passing the ball around nicely, but we never really threatened the Leeds goal. Southampton are as good as anyone in this league right now so will give us a very tough game, and I expect a lot of teams will "park the bus" against us and try to hit us on the break. We will win more than we lose, but to expect us to breeze past a lot of teams is unrealistic and setting yourself up for disappointment.

So that''s 20 points... feeling pretty good about that tbh. Perhaps a little optomistic with all the injuries we have, but think Lambo has the team in the right mood.

My predictions for the next 9 league games:Tranmere H                   WSouthampton A              LBrighton H                     WSouthend A                   DOldham H                      WYeovil A                         WHuddersfield H                DMilwall H                       WWalsall A                         DBang on the two points per game that we will need to maintain in order to gain automatic promotion. Therefore 25 + 18 which is 43 points at the half way stage.

Predictions for next 9 league games:Tranmere H               WSouthampton A          LBrighton H                WSouthend A               WOldham H                 WYeovil A                   WHuddersfield H          DMilwall H                  DWalsall A                  D

Over 20 points would be an excellent haul,  16-20 would be good and keep us in the hunt (we have 18 from the last 9 which has scooted us qucikly up the table),  below 14 and I would start to worry.

Soton looks the hardest game by some way, while less than 10 points from the home games would be v disappointing.   It is possible to win each of these games.

Southend A                   D
Huddersfield H                W
Walsall A                         L

Southampton A              L
Yeovil A                         L
Milwall H                        D
Walsall A                        W

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Over 20 points would be an excellent haul,  16-20 would be good and keep us in the hunt (we have 18 from the last 9 which has scooted us qucikly up the table),  below 14 and I would start to worry.

Soton looks the hardest game by some way, while less than 10 points from the home games would be v disappointing.   It is possible to win each of these games.

[/quote]

2 points a game is promotion form so I would take that 18 points like a shot.

We will probably drop some silly points but gain others where we don''t expect (usual NCFC results).

Anything less than 12 points and we will probably drop out of the top six.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]what are your predictions for the next 9 league games?Mine are as follows:Tranmere H                   wSouthampton A              dBrighton H                     wSouthend A                   wOldham H                      wYeovil A                         dHuddersfield H                wMilwall H                        wWalsall A                         dso thats 25 + 21 which is 46 points at the half way stage.What do you guys think>?[/quote]Thats 5 out of 9 gone and all 5 predicted correctly! I only hope I''m wrong about next week and that we win instead of drawing.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Tranmere H                   D
Southampton A           L
Brighton H                     D
Southend A                   L
Yeovil A                         L
Huddersfield H               D
Walsall A                         L

"Lambert Out!" banners outside Carrow Road in time for the New Year''s Day Massacre where the Holiday Inn is stormed by irate Snake Pit season ticket holders who throw staff from the windows.  This costs the club £193,000 to repair the damage which means we miss out on a left back from Grays Athletic and end up relegated in 25th place.

[/quote]lol Chops...win them all [Y]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I blame you C.T[/quote]

hes on a pretty good run though!!!!

should have put all your money on it :P

Give us your predictions for the rest of the season C.T :P

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]Why are people scared of ''Uddersfield?If we can play leeds off the park and be unlucky not win then i see no reason to fear HTFC[/quote]Have you seen their management team? Presumably it was only Roeder who was holding them back. They''d presumably know our side pretty well.