Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Unless we have a slump.....................

Not even thinking about the playoffs, we have to aim for 2nd (behind Leeds) and if we fall short well we get a 2nd chance.

Nothing - absolutely nothing is ''guaranteed'' at this stage. Every win is a win closer though. Keep it up City!

Would take a play off place, of course, but they are such a lottery-like Leeds last season, we could easily go out over the first game. No, given its as near a certainty as there is in football that Leeds are going to walk this league, we need to focus, keep winning games, and go for 2nd, because, Leeds aside, there aren''t, presently (and thats the key-no injuries and no losing Wes or others!) many, if any teams, in this league as good as us...

Yes, its all said in the euphoria of another good win, but can''t help wondering if we might just...

I''d disagree that Leeds are a certainty to win it - they''ve had great patches before in this League and fallen away at the last so it''s still possible for anyone to catch them - hopefully that will be us.

Still a long way to go yet!

[quote user="Metatron"]I''d disagree that Leeds are a certainty to win it - they''ve had great patches before in this League and fallen away at the last so it''s still possible for anyone to catch them - hopefully that will be us. Still a long way to go yet![/quote]

They only need an injury to their top scorer or key midfielder and they will struggle, so I agree with you.   

Tranmere at home next. Can''t see anything but a comprehensive win for us - they''ve conceeded 33 goals so far this season, scoring just 2 away from home.

MK Dons V Charlton will hopefully be a draw allowing us to make ground on both of them.

Colchester with an easy home game vs Exeter.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]win at home draw away thats the receipt hopefully we will celebrat at charlton away april17 final tally 88 points[/quote]

Those of us who went away to that hole at the end of last season won''t be counting on celebrating anything there.  There''s no beer!!!!  How do you celebrat a receipt anyway?[*-)]

Anyway, we will catch Leeds.  Keep the faith!

Posts like these worry me. Yes, we''re doing well. No we shouldn''t start saying we''re "guarenteed" to make play offs. Talk like that just shows how conceited we are.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Posts like these worry me. Yes, we''re doing well. No we shouldn''t start saying we''re "guarenteed" to make play offs. Talk like that just shows how conceited we are.
[/quote]

Correct, the talk is all about OTHER teams having a slump, losing their top scorer etc etc as if we are immune to all this....keep the sensible hats on please !!! 

[quote user="Making Plans"]then I think a play off place (at least) is guaranteed. Can''t see any of the dross below us overtaking us.[/quote]

im not the onlyone on this message board that hoped you touched wood after you posted this comment!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Making Plans"]then I think a play off place (at least) is guaranteed. Can''t see any of the dross below us overtaking us.[/quote]

im not the onlyone on this message board that hoped you touched wood after you posted this comment!

[/quote]As long as it wasn''t a "George Michael", you''ll be fine.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

No I didn''t - no need. Baring major disasters, and I don''t really forsee any, we''re as good as home & hosed.

Apart from Leeds, MK Dons & possibly a couple of others, this league is basically crap.

It''s there for the taking.

So Millwall and Huddersfield are ''dross'' are they geezer? Er, don''t think so! Anyway we can judge for ourselves on 19th and 26th December. I think you''ll realise how deluded you are with that statement.

Don''t know where we''ll finish.With the greatest respect to Gunny, I don''t think we would be this far up the league unless Lambo-Genie had been employed.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Metatron"]I''d disagree that Leeds are a certainty to win it - they''ve had great patches before in this League and fallen away at the last so it''s still possible for anyone to catch them - hopefully that will be us. Still a long way to go yet![/quote]

They only need an injury to their top scorer or key midfielder and they will struggle, so I agree with you.   

[/quote]

Same with us really, Key Midfielder - Hoolahan    Key striker - Grant Holt.

Any injuries to these two, Norwich might fall apart. 

[quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Think we would struggle just as much if we lose Rusty, or dare I say it The Doc.  Rusty controls our play and is so composed on the ball, as well as putting in a lot of key tackles.  Since The Doc has been back, he has been virtually flawless and has made our defensive unit solid.  Drury has also been a key player.

The dangerous thing about winning streaks is that you can''t imagine losing (games like yesterday that is rather than Leeds). Likewise last season losing was the status quo and I couldn''t imagine us winning. The problem is then what happens when we do lose a match we feel we should win, how do the squad react to that?

When we got to the playoffs we got thumped 4-0 three or four times but bounced back with a win next game on each occasion. So long as we bounce back from every defeat we suffer this season we''ll be ok.

Personally i''m keeping my feet firmly planted ATM.

I am just enjoying seeing us play some good football and enjoying the wins, it''s nice to have a glimmer of hope with every match.

Leeds have shown they''re more than capable of screwing things up for themselves so I don''t think they''re certainties to win the title, however, lets wait & see. IF and it''s a big IF we keep the spine to our side in tact for the majority of the season then yes I think we''ll be there or thereabouts but there''s certainly no garentee to it.

charltons form has dipped recently , the is no reason why we should not push for second place , i think mk donns and dare i say it colchester will be in the mix come the end of season .

I''m going to put it out there, you can take, or throw it right back. Southampton! Think they will make play-offs, add to them the possibility of Charlton/MK Dons its a very tough play off. Definatley don''t want to be involved in that

Without their points deduction they''d be 7th so thats not a bad shout actually. They''re capable of making a couple signings and having a quality run in the 2nd half of the season.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Think we would struggle just as much if we lose Rusty, or dare I say it The Doc.  Rusty controls our play and is so composed on the ball, as well as putting in a lot of key tackles.  Since The Doc has been back, he has been virtually flawless and has made our defensive unit solid.  Drury has also been a key player.

[/quote]

The hemorraging of goals ended during Dork''s time off.  We will be fine on defense with or without him.