Sign in to follow this  
The gut

MORE SPORT IN FOOTBALL

Would you support this, if FIFA were to enforce these changes to promote football primarily being a sport for all the people to enjoy on a more even/sporting basis.

1. No football club is at any time permitted to be in debt or committed to a liability of debt, if it does it will be punished by points deduction.

2. All income from TV is to be paid to the league and distributed to teams purely on their final league position (same applies to cup competitions and final placings).

3. All contracts for players and staff to be 12 months rolling and wages to be paid in relation to income already received in the previous year.

4. Players/managers/coaches to receive performance pay direct from TV companies based on the amount of minutes they are playing/performing/appearing on tv.

5. The league is a competition and the squad for that competition must be registered at the start of the season (including management) with no additional registrations for the remainder of the season. Transfers can take place at any time but will not be eligible for the competition after registration, and loans are not permitted after registration deadline(same rules for cups).

6. All transfer fees must be paid before the transfer takes place.

7. Clubs cannot be owned, however their business interests and property can be. If these assets are sold the buyers are liable for any commitments made.

I know this is seriously flawed, too extreme to be a reality and not comprehensive (so please don''t get too hung up on suggestions) but I''m interested to know how many fans would prefer this theory in general to what we currently know. A bit of harmless fun.

Idisagree with sin bins and wage caps, don''t care who speak to refs but totally agree with replays. I would like to see top/bottom 5 promoted/relegated (especially this season).

I would like to see a wage cap not on individual player wages but rather on team playing budgets (I think they do this in some US sports).  That way you could still decide you wanted to have a star player if you wanted but at the expense of needing to make do with a smaller squad to keep within budget and pay him.  It would help avoid the big clubs being able to buy up all the talent and then leave them on the bench or not playing.  I think that would be a lot fairer to smaller teams and help get away from a situation where there are only ever about 4 teams who realistically can win anything each year.