Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

korey smith

really hope hes fit for tomorrow and plays. id have him in instead of martin with his energy. anyone know whether hes fit again yet or not?

"id have him in instead of martin with his energy"

Er... are they not different positions or am I missing something? I mean - how can Korey be a shoe in for a striker partnering Holt (with Hoolahoop in the whole behind them)...? I''m with the calls for him to play RB.

I''d bring him in for Lappin. Hughes can handle set pieces.

The only thing our midfield lacked on Monday was someone to really run at the defence and drag them about. A midfield of Hughes, Rusty and Lappin will be very industrious and will move the ball around, but none of them will run with it.

"so hes a midfielder who cant play up front or as a three but can play at the back? "

Wasn''t suggesting as a three in midfield - nor were you - this is your first mention of it... but otherwise yeah - he is a midfielder who can''t play up front, but can play at the back, as a right back. I can''t see him leading the line with Holt, as a replacement for Martin, as is your only suggestion.

[quote user="baldyboy"]so hes a midfielder who cant play up front or as a three but can play at the back? hows that then jedi?[/quote]

I would say it''s because he started off as a right back in the youth team. He knows exactly what he''s doing in that position. I can''t see him being effective up top and Martin has been great these last few games. Wouldn''t change the top three for anything at the moment.

"i meant as a three up top with him wide and hooly wide."

To be fair, you never expressed that. But fair enough;

All our recent success and decent play has come from moving Hoolie to the centre, keeping 2 up front and building the team around him supplying them. I think it''s better to leave him there myself, I don''t think the entire team and team shape to accommodate anyone (well, bar Hoolie or Holt - our 2 star players) - especially one who, at the moment, would do us 10x more good covering right back - current our Achilles heal and only real area of major concern.