Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Marc Edworthy to quit football

One of the best full backs ever to grace Carrow Rd,Should never been allowed to leave.Best of luck what ever you do Marc

Is he really 37?! Agreed, I always rated him, breaking up that defence after promotion was a big mistake. Best of luck Steady Eddy

I believe I''m right in saying he joined us on the eve of our championship winning season, I don''t think we could quite believe our luck. In ''Eddy'' we saw one of the best right backs ever to play for the club. Good luck in what ever you do next Marc.

Possibly in the top five right backs we have ever had, a great player although labelled a ''journeyman'' by some when he came he even played well enough to keep a recognised international in Helveg out of the team.Steady indeed.

Good luck Eddy. Quality player who we have never been able to replace. He should hold his head high in being part of arguably the best back 5 to have played a season in the division 1.

Great player ,Eddy ,a proper defender , what a bonus to have picked him up for nothing and why ever did we let him go ? Green..Edworthy...Mackay..Fleming ..Drury, was that only five years ago ?

It was a big mistake not giving him a contract after we were relegated, he wanted a two year deal but Worthy would only offer him 1 year. Considering he has only just quiting I think he has proved he was worth the two year deal.

I remember him intercepting a cross, using a diving header towards his own goal... heart in mouth moment - he brilliantly flicked it on, using the top of his head (hard during a diving header!) and put the ball out of play - absolutely superb piece of skill.

Just remember that is a being a piece of genius (badly described piece of genius, no doubt!) for a man not remembered for fancy play!

He''s a big mate of Hucks (at right back he didn''t have to defend behind him [:)], now they''ve both packed up perhaps they''ll be working together again on something new.

[quote user="chicken"]Possibly in the top five right backs we have ever had, a great player although labelled a ''journeyman'' by some when he came he even played well enough to keep a recognised international in Helveg out of the team.

Yes though unhappily for eddy, the team only started to win games and look like avoiding relegation when helveg was reinstated along with Safri and Shackell.

Eddy was great for us but was not up to the demabds of the Premiership.

Steady indeed.
[/quote]

[quote user="PKC"]It was a big mistake not giving him a contract after we were relegated, he wanted a two year deal but Worthy would only offer him 1 year. Considering he has only just quiting I think he has proved he was worth the two year deal.[/quote]

having said what I just did about Helveg, I will in fairness say that this is a really good point.  Eddy would have been great in that first year in the Champ especially once Helveg left.  Colin was a very poor replacement.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]He was a good, solid, dependable RB for us, but not quite as good as Steeno or Kenton.[/quote]... or Helveg or Culverhouse.FFS, this is Marc Edworthy we''re talking about. He only played for us for a season and a half. He got roasted in the premiership, and our end of season streak coincided with him being left out of the team.Some of the comments on here make him sound like Maldini.

Culverhouse, Nedergaard and Steady Eddy are the 3 best full backs i have seen for us...

Steady Eddy was a great player for us... should of been kept on and not cast adrift... 4 promotions in his career and a playoff final, one of the best Full backs outside the premiership in the last 20 years without a doubt!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]one of the best Full backs outside the premiership in the last 20 years without a doubt![/quote][:|]

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]one of the best Full backs outside the premiership in the last 20 years without a doubt![/quote]

[:|]
[/quote]

Seconded