Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Beware

Huddersfield, Milwall and even Southampton.

Certainly the first two will soon be in the play off spots and I for one would not relish a play off semi final v Millwall!! Both those sides have goals a plenty in them and good managers. They will be powerful contenders. I see them finishing above the likes of MK Dons and Rovers.

For a club that has been regularly slagged of by many people at Norwich (ND when he was here and many fans on this forum, LQ?), Saints are climbing fast and I for one would not be at all surprised to see them make the playoffs even after that ten point penalty. Not saying I condone how they tried to avoid administration but the fact is that they did''nt go bust, still get 20,000 crowds and in Lambert have one of the top strikers in the division. Our away match at StMarys on 21st November will be crucial. If we are serious about the automatic places we need to go there and get at least a point. So far we have lost both away matches v sides in the top six. That has got to stop otherwise the traditional City achilles heel of our away form will prevent automatic promotion and might well see us struggle damn hard to keep in the play off spots.

That said, we have made giant progress under the boy Lambert and have nothing to fear from anyone. On top form we are the best footballing side in the division BUT that possession and quality must be turned to chances and goals away from home. That will be the deciding factor.

BTW hugely impressed with George Francomb today, just that one slip late first half otherwise a top rate home debut. Semmy needs to up his whole game to compete!         

I''m also pretty certain that Southampton will be in the play-offs, but if we take an automatic spot as I expect, then whoever reaches the play-offs will be irrelevant.