Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

Something i'd be interested in your vviews on.

After Lambert''s comments today about us being skint it looks highly likely that we''ll need to sell before we buy & our most saleable assett is easily Hoolahan soooo...

Would you rather we stick with the squad we have and Hoolahan or sell him to fill out the slightly weaker areas of the side but lose arguably our best creative threat??

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Bugger thats a difficult one Lambo.

I would rather see the likes of Cody Mac, Whaly, Maric, and McVeigh go first before Hooli and Co.

[/quote]

Dont sell anyone for goodness sake, whats  the matter with the muppets!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Bugger thats a difficult one Lambo.

I would rather see the likes of Cody Mac, Whaly, Maric, and McVeigh go first before Hooli and Co.

[/quote]

Dont sell anyone for goodness sake, whats  the matter with the muppets!

[/quote]

We may have little choice!

I would rather we sold 2-3 players like Gill, Cureton, Jones, McVeigh, Whaley than Hoolahan

We could sell Cody but we would only get a max of 150k, no point in my eyes, keep him.

And as for Hoola, if we have serious ambitions, then like I have said since dot, we have to keep Hoola and the baord have to get their fingers out of their poopers and get some money. For me, he is the difference between success and failure, he may do sod all or too much in a game, but he has that vision to change a game.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]We have no money, if we want to buy, we have to sell. Wiz, I would like to see more of Cody.[/quote]

Hmm? maybe a loan out would help him then Wings.

i dont see the point in selling players, just to replace them. keep people such as wes as we will need people like him to promote us.

What''s the point selling? hopefully we get promoted, then have a squad lacking in Champ standard players.  Nothing against our kids but some would struggle big time, another league up.

Thing is I think Whaley, Cureton and Maric would be on decent wages but none of them will attract the interest of teams without a significant wage cut. The only ones who will be in any demad will be Do, Rusty and Wes all of whom have been key for us recently. If one of them had to go i would say Doc as I think a fully fit Nelson could replace him.

Why don''t we use the Marshall fee or the Clingan fee or the Bell fee or even the Shackell fee after all it was the rebate money which funded the summer transfers wasn''t it so all these fees must still be available.......[:|]

Sorry to be so down in the mouth but this ''have to sell to buy'' talk is just nonsense. We''ve sold and sold and the money just does not go back into the team why should it be any different this time. Say we got £600k for Wes then we''d spend £100k tops on a player to replace him and we''d be told there''s more to buying a player than the transfer fee and that the rest has gone on agents and wages.It''s about time this club found some money to buy players WITHOUT selling players it''s not like they haven''t had it........

Absolutely agree, I`m so pleased for the academy players coming through, but I dont believe all of a sudden the academy has  found  a  wealth of talent, yes they have been doing well recently, but the div. 3 factor is a huge one IMO, course going down was the best thing that could have happened for our youth players, good luck to them, but dont let`s delude ourselves. 

[quote user="Buckethead"]Why don''t we use the Marshall fee or the Clingan fee or the Bell fee or even the Shackell fee after all it was the rebate money which funded the summer transfers wasn''t it so all these fees must still be available.......[:|]

Sorry to be so down in the mouth but this ''have to sell to buy'' talk is just nonsense. We''ve sold and sold and the money just does not go back into the team why should it be any different this time. Say we got £600k for Wes then we''d spend £100k tops on a player to replace him and we''d be told there''s more to buying a player than the transfer fee and that the rest has gone on agents and wages.It''s about time this club found some money to buy players WITHOUT selling players it''s not like they haven''t had it........[/quote]I don''t think you fully understand how a playing budget works and how it has had to be reduced after relegation, if anything it hasn''t been reduced enough and we''re spending beyond our means this season

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Buckethead"]Why don''t we use the Marshall fee or the Clingan fee or the Bell fee or even the Shackell fee after all it was the rebate money which funded the summer transfers wasn''t it so all these fees must still be available.......[:|]

Sorry to be so down in the mouth but this ''have to sell to buy'' talk is just nonsense. We''ve sold and sold and the money just does not go back into the team why should it be any different this time. Say we got £600k for Wes then we''d spend £100k tops on a player to replace him and we''d be told there''s more to buying a player than the transfer fee and that the rest has gone on agents and wages.

It''s about time this club found some money to buy players WITHOUT selling players it''s not like they haven''t had it........
[/quote]

I don''t think you fully understand how a playing budget works and how it has had to be reduced after relegation, if anything it hasn''t been reduced enough and we''re spending beyond our means this season
[/quote]

What are "our means"   we should be spending right now and investing in our future if we want one worth having.

[quote user="ryan1992"]i dont see the point in selling players, just to replace them. keep people such as wes as we will need people like him to promote us.[/quote]

get better quality in a certain position!!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Buckethead"]Why don''t we use the Marshall fee or the Clingan fee or the Bell fee or even the Shackell fee after all it was the rebate money which funded the summer transfers wasn''t it so all these fees must still be available.......[:|]

Sorry to be so down in the mouth but this ''have to sell to buy'' talk is just nonsense. We''ve sold and sold and the money just does not go back into the team why should it be any different this time. Say we got £600k for Wes then we''d spend £100k tops on a player to replace him and we''d be told there''s more to buying a player than the transfer fee and that the rest has gone on agents and wages.It''s about time this club found some money to buy players WITHOUT selling players it''s not like they haven''t had it........[/quote]I don''t think you fully understand how a playing budget works and how it has had to be reduced after relegation, if anything it hasn''t been reduced enough and we''re spending beyond our means this season[/quote]I''ve a pretty good idea and if the playing budget we have this year is ''spending beyond our means'' then heaven help us if we do get promoted there''s no pot of gold for promotion to the CCC.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Buckethead"]Why don''t we use the Marshall fee or the Clingan fee or the Bell fee or even the Shackell fee after all it was the rebate money which funded the summer transfers wasn''t it so all these fees must still be available.......[:|]

Sorry to be so down in the mouth but this ''have to sell to buy'' talk is just nonsense. We''ve sold and sold and the money just does not go back into the team why should it be any different this time. Say we got £600k for Wes then we''d spend £100k tops on a player to replace him and we''d be told there''s more to buying a player than the transfer fee and that the rest has gone on agents and wages.It''s about time this club found some money to buy players WITHOUT selling players it''s not like they haven''t had it........[/quote]I don''t think you fully understand how a playing budget works and how it has had to be reduced after relegation, if anything it hasn''t been reduced enough and we''re spending beyond our means this season[/quote]I''ve a pretty good idea and if the playing budget we have this year is ''spending beyond our means'' then heaven help us if we do get promoted there''s no pot of gold for promotion to the CCC.[/quote]We had 1 of the higher wage bills in the championship last season, we only managed offload Stefanovic(did we pay him off), Clingan, Marshall, Fozzy and Croft whilst keeping high wage earners such as Cureton, Russell and Doherty and bringing in 11 players who i suspect are on higher wages than they would get elsewhere at this level. We''ve lost millions in tv revenue etc, where else is this money going to made up? It has to be the playing budget, we''re simply spending more than we can afford in the long term at this level.But don''t that get in the way of your lack of ambition vitriol, it''s a harsh fact of relegation, the playing staff budget has to be cut considerably. Whilst we have players like Cureton earning far more than they''re worth we can''t bring in players

We should stick with what we have and develop our youth, and bring in a loan if necessary if injuries dictate, as our squad is good enough for promotion as it stands.