Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

According to BBC match stats....

And I must say I found these very surprising...

City                                  Swindon

45%   Possession                55%

1       Shots on target            0

10     Shots off target            3

11    Corners                        1

11    Fouls                            8

Quite an entertaining game for only one shot on target. I must say I was praying for a second goal to kill the game off. I did feel we had the better of the possession than they did though, even though the figures say otherwise.

in the second half, swindon had the more of the ball, even so we controlled the game, never really looked in any danger all match.

Only one shot on target!  I take it hitting the bar dosen''t count!  I''m not that suprised by those stats, a pretty dull game, we were always in control but never looked like scoring a second like they never looked like scoring themselves.  We should have hammered them today but instead we made hard work of it, but 3 points are 3 points!

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]what about holts shot that hit the bar is that on target or off[/quote]

Must have been off target, but what would have happened if he had hit the bar and it had gone in? - I suppose that would have had to have been on target otherwise we could have scored 2 goals with only one shot on target !!! [:P]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

And I must say I found these very surprising...

City                                  Swindon

45%   Possession                55%

1       Shots on target            0

10     Shots off target            3

11    Corners                        1

11    Fouls                            8

Quite an entertaining game for only one shot on target. I must say I was praying for a second goal to kill the game off. I did feel we had the better of the possession than they did though, even though the figures say otherwise.

[/quote]Possession counts for sod all at the end of the day[:P]

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]what about holts shot that hit the bar is that on target or off[/quote]

Obviously off target because it didn''t go in!

[/quote]

to be on targt it must be going in and a save from the keeper otherwise it is off target i think!

Actually wasn''t there a shot hooked off the line - if not why were all the snake pit boys shouting and suggesting it had crossed the line?!!Otherwise the possession thing I can understand. We steamrolled them in the first half and in the second half we allowed them to try and do something as if enticing them to give it their best shot - come and av a go if you think your hard enough! Obviously Russell had slammed a few into the ground by then and although happy to keep ball they seemed a bit lacking in anything positive.At the end of the day for me it showed us where we are weak, not enough chances created for the posession we did have, its a bit like the Leeds game. You cannot domminate games like that and have no end product. We have a natural goal scorer in Holt - I am yet to see many shots of his that are hit wildly or miss by more than a yard or so. Get the ball to him in the right places - like at Leeds - and he will score. Martin is the same.The problem with playing Hoolahan is that if the oppo sit someone on him you are relying on the other three midfielders to try and create something but we often loose width as a result.

so actually swindon had more shots on their own goal than we did seeing that they back passed the whole game and the keeper had to stop them from going in

Interesting. Didn''t their keeper make a fine save from Holt/Hoolahan right before Martin blasted home?

I find those stats to be unreliable.  I will follow the game updates and it appears one team is absolutely dominant but then possession is almost equal.  1st half we had one shot on goal, their goalie made one save (this according to stats) and we were up by 1. How is that even possible?

I suppose you could argue it made sense if it was an own goal but it blatently wasn''t.I don''t bother with some of these stats. I have seen some before that said Russell made five tackles . . . . . Russell never makes only five tackles.