Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

just a thought i had on the Doc

Did Lambert say publically that Doc was free to find a new club but have no intention of selling him at all?

since Lambert said this its got the response... Doc has done well the last few games

Think to earlier in the season when he dropped Hoolahan earlier in the season.. he has since come back and done well too...

I think Lambert might just be master of the mind game.... ASkou and Do are getting it right.. why would you sell a player doing well?

jas :)

you wouldn''t unless it was for financial gain.

i.e. if Arsenal came in for Korey Smith you would expect at least £6-7 million for him, judging by Theo Walcott''s rating when we moved to Arsenal for £12 million.

Smith is a good player for us and will become even better, but I''m afraid that he is no where worth the same as Walcott. Walcott right boot is worth more than Smith. Don''t get me wrong, I like Smith and think he is now an integral part of the team now and hopefully someone we can build the team around for a few years to come.

Someone will take a punt on him in the future (if we don''t get higher up the leagues)

And I would say it will be for millions...

He certainly seems to have potential but at this stage you would hope that we exploit his potential for all it''s worth. Don''t want to see Lambert sell him for half a mil to get some fresh legs in then see him go to chelsea in a years time for 7 mil

WALCOTT IS CRAP...what a waste of money..... he has been injured 85% of the time, and crap 10% of the time, meaning only 5% of the time he has been at Arsenal he was been good.....they sold Veria for the same they bought Walcott for, they should have just kept Viera, and Smith is doing about as well as Walcott was anyway.....so yeah we shouldn''t sell him for less than 10 million......

Korey Smith has been superb, not afraid to shoot, has a decent shot, bags and bags of pace, looks to get forward. Wouldn''t surprise me if he ended up worth millions

I''m not suggesting for one minute that we sell him for megabucks but we may have no choice if we are languishing in League One and a big premiership side comes in for him.

I''ve seen players who are potentially worse than him go to those big clubs for big money.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WALCOTT IS CRAP...what a waste of money..... he has been injured 85% of the time, and crap 10% of the time, meaning only 5% of the time he has been at Arsenal he was been good.....they sold Veria for the same they bought Walcott for, they should have just kept Viera, and Smith is doing about as well as Walcott was anyway.....so yeah we shouldn''t sell him for less than 10 million......[/quote]what are you smoking

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WALCOTT IS CRAP...what a waste of money..... he has been injured 85% of the time, and crap 10% of the time, meaning only 5% of the time he has been at Arsenal he was been good.....they sold Veria for the same they bought Walcott for, they should have just kept Viera, and Smith is doing about as well as Walcott was anyway.....so yeah we shouldn''t sell him for less than 10 million......[/quote]

Are you for real?

[quote][quote user="Gingerpele"]WALCOTT IS CRAP...what a waste of money..... he has been injured 85% of the time, and crap 10% of the time, meaning only 5% of the time he has been at Arsenal he was been good.....they sold Veria for the same they bought Walcott for, they should have just kept Viera, and Smith is doing about as well as Walcott was anyway.....so yeah we shouldn''t sell him for less than 10 million......[/quote]what are you smoking[/quote]Don''t know but I want some. Unless it makes me permanently that stupid.

i am going to get badly grilled for this but gunn has brought in a few players that we can build from. we did not have this last season with so many loans .and for the first time for a while we have some good youth players making a stamp on the team. maybe better times for norwich ahead.

[quote user="singing canary"]i am going to get badly grilled for this but gunn has brought in a few players that we can build from. we did not have this last season with so many loans .and for the first time for a while we have some good youth players making a stamp on the team. maybe better times for norwich ahead.[/quote]optimism! they this won''t be allowed

since august ..that bad distant memory of colchester..(of which was a freak blip) ..norwich have found some level ground and we exspect results .. has the rot stoped ...??!!! the same team played leeds i have to admit i liked what i saw even though we lost ,the performance did impress me .

[quote user="singing canary"]since august ..that bad distant memory of colchester..(of which was a freak blip) ..norwich have found some level ground and we exspect results .. has the rot stoped ...??!!! the same team played leeds i have to admit i liked what i saw even though we lost ,the performance did impress me .[/quote]you realise im on your side

oh yes ... !!! good felling about this season , i watch games fairly closely i have to admit if leeds are going to be our strongest rivals then i do fancy our chances this season.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Smith is a good player for us and will become even better, but I''m afraid that he is no where worth the same as Walcott. Walcott right boot is worth more than Smith. Don''t get me wrong, I like Smith and think he is now an integral part of the team now and hopefully someone we can build the team around for a few years to come.

[/quote]

whats walcott got appart from pace???

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

whats walcott got appart from pace???

[/quote]Dribbling ability, a decent cross, good passer of the ball and can finish. Also not afraid to get stuck in.

Sorry people but we have to get realistic, if a prem club came in for Korey with maybe say 900k with a cash strapped club like us we would sell. 

Jas, how come your initial message was about Doc and it is now a Korey/Walcott one? Getting back to you Jas, Doc seem to be doing the buisiness lately and proving a lot of people wrong, may it continue.

quote user="BGG&YPOS"]Jas, how come your initial message was about Doc and it is now a Korey/Walcott one? Getting back to you Jas, Doc seem to be doing the buisiness lately and proving a lot of people wrong, may it continue.[/quoteOne thing ive noticed with Doc in recent games is that he is actually looking to pass the ball out from the back, rather than just hoofing it. I find this quite refreshing especially in league 1. Actually the whole teams is passing it around nicely, but for me Doc doing this shows great improvement in his game. Credit has to go to Lambert for that.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]WALCOTT IS CRAP...what a waste of money..... he has been injured 85% of the time, and crap 10% of the time, meaning only 5% of the time he has been at Arsenal he was been good.....they sold Veria for the same they bought Walcott for, they should have just kept Viera, and Smith is doing about as well as Walcott was anyway.....so yeah we shouldn''t sell him for less than 10 million......[/quote]

C''mon Ginge.  This''ll be the same Walcott who scored an International hat trick, in a World Cup qualifier, against quality international opposition??  Erm, don''t think he''s crap.....really.