Sign in to follow this  
southstand

Possession , corners and crosses - no goals

Great to get the 3 points against Swindon today but are we dominating sides and where are our problems

OK 5 against Bristol and 4 against Orient = great

11 cornersa gainst Charlton., similar v Leeds and Swindon but

bnot a sniff off a gaol

The second half against Swindon gave Drury 4 good chances to cross the ball and all 4 did not give the strikers a chance. Smith wasted 2 further chances on the opposite side

A weeks worth of effort is required - corners are a must - the attacking play deservers more

Sort it out Lambert

[quote user="southstand"]Great to get the 3 points against Swindon today but are we dominating sides and where are our problems OK 5 against Bristol and 4 against Orient = great 11 cornersa gainst Charlton., similar v Leeds and Swindon but bnot a sniff off a gaol The second half against Swindon gave Drury 4 good chances to cross the ball and all 4 did not give the strikers a chance. Smith wasted 2 further chances on the opposite side A weeks worth of effort is required - corners are a must - the attacking play deservers more Sort it out Lambert[/quote]

Ahah!! A typical pink un pessimist.  Give it up for pitys'' sake.  Another win, another clean sheet, another 3 points, another place climbed up the table and we''re the leagues top scorers.

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM???????

In your tiny little computer manager fake world I expect you win every game 8-0.  Well guess what.  Not even Barca, Utd, or even Brasil do that so why should we?

Does the phrase "some people are never happy" mean anything to you?

[quote user="southstand"]Great to get the 3 points against Swindon today but are we dominating sides and where are our problems

bnot a sniff off a gaol

The second half against Swindon gave Drury 4 good chances to cross the ball and all 4 did not give the strikers a chance. Smith wasted 2 further chances on the opposite side

A weeks worth of effort is required - corners are a must - the attacking play deservers more

Sort it out Lambert[/quote]Shut up, you moron.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="southstand"]Great to get the 3 points against Swindon today but are we dominating sides and where are our problems OK 5 against Bristol and 4 against Orient = great 11 cornersa gainst Charlton., similar v Leeds and Swindon but bnot a sniff off a gaol The second half against Swindon gave Drury 4 good chances to cross the ball and all 4 did not give the strikers a chance. Smith wasted 2 further chances on the opposite side A weeks worth of effort is required - corners are a must - the attacking play deservers more Sort it out Lambert[/quote]

Ahah!! A typical pink un pessimist.  Give it up for pitys'' sake.  Another win, another clean sheet, another 3 points, another place climbed up the table and we''re the leagues top scorers.

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM???????

In your tiny little computer manager fake world I expect you win every game 8-0.  Well guess what.  Not even Barca, Utd, or even Brasil do that so why should we?

Does the phrase "some people are never happy" mean anything to you?

[/quote]

What s your problem idiot - "in your compute rmanager fake world - what is this shit al, about - no i do not expect to win 8-0 ( you idiot) but hanging on in the corners for a worrying 1-0 resulft is ditfferent - but you cannot see that

I game at a time - you win sod al in October -

your name has a fewappropriate letters ScHooLbOy -

I have not got a problem - you have pal

City struggled to create chances -any idiot can see that ....

How do you repair that .. ask Paul Lambert

All attacking against Leeds -sod all real chances - get done at the death

Sure, we beat Swindon with a 1-0 win - but we need to improve, thats your problems - very few ahances from a lot of possession and good approach play

Bettere side will do us -can you not understand

Lambert needs to address the obvious problem

Your personal problems , Im not sure about

You always need to look to improve. No matter how good you are. And the areas discussed are an area in which we certainly have room for improvement. We have a lot of possession and could do with creating more clean cut chances with it.

Who gives you the right to call anyone a moron

Keep you r views to your self if you cannot discuss them with any level of civility

I think he''s got a point but just hasn''t got the intelligence to put it across in a well structured and literate way.There have been times in recent games where we haven''t been able to create chances, ie. if Hoolahan is being kept quiet or is off his game, we need a plan B, in my mind this involves bringing in an out and out winger to provide us with another option, we''re not going to be able to play with this narrow diamond and create chances in every game, at times we''re going to need to play with width and pace to stretch teams who have negated the threat our current system poses.Lambert knows this as his attempt to bring in McNamee and and the inclusion of Daley shows.

[quote user="southstand"]Who gives you the right to call anyone a moron Keep you r views to your self if you cannot discuss them with any level of civility[/quote]

Not who, but what.  And that what would be whatever you call your legal system, the laws of the land.

any team that gets a 7-1 thrashing at home on the first game of the season and manages to push themselves to 5th in the table before christamas to be honest really makes me stand and and think we have a chance of doing well this season.

we played well and lost to leeds but got a result today .laws of averages says we will be in the mix come end of season. im not bothered how we win .if we do im happy.

[quote user="southstand"]Great to get the 3 points against Swindon today but are we dominating sides and where are our problems

bnot a sniff off a gaol

Sort it out Lambert[/quote]I wouldn''t worry, he''s been outed as a Binner on the "Good Luck Lowestoft Town" thread.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, teddy''s gone flying right out of the pram hasn''t it.

The fact that we are 5th in the table seems to indicate that Lambo is addressing the problems inherent at the start of the season.  I''m quite sure he doesn''t need the likes of you telling him his job.

Let''s hope you''ve sobered up today or shall I expect more childish abuse?

I agree we are not making enough of our corners, we have enough man-power and height in the squad (Doc, Askou, Holt, Martin) to cause a threat in the box yet we dont seem to score many from the corners.

we did score from a corner, but not a direct header, there was about 6 touches before it went it...

we do need to do much better from corners, really, and yesturday we really could have scored 2/3 from them, players actually getting there heads on the ball..

If we are going to get 3 pionts, we might as well try a bit harder to get a extra goal or two....they just seemed to give up unless it was put on a plate in the second half......

I think the point is that we need to make the moast out of all the chances we get, because, surprisingly enough we are going to play better teams than Swindon this season and we may, as we did against Leeds, live to regret our profligacy when we come up against other teams. I am delighted with our current league position, but everyone knows that we have the quality to challenge the top two teams in the league, but a great way to do so would be to make better use of our set pieces, whether that be in improving the quality of delivery or finishing.

Also I think one of the main reasons we struggled yesterday was Hughes'' absence, for me he is just about our most important player, whenever he''s out of the side we seem to lose shape and creativity and therefore are much less threatening in the final third.

It is amazing isn''t it, as soon as the team plays well the idiots appear to pick holes in it.  Just thank Lambert that your moronic little brains can pick holes now that we are getting wins, rather than bemoaning losing all the time.

[quote user="ref89"]It is amazing isn''t it, as soon as the team plays well the idiots appear to pick holes in it.  Just thank Lambert that your moronic little brains can pick holes now that we are getting wins, rather than bemoaning losing all the time.
[/quote]

And it''s moronic to suggest that we should be making more out of set pieces because?

As I said before, I am delighted with our current position, but we can do better and given the way a lot of teams will put ten men behind the ball when playing us at carra then we are likely to get a lot of corners, therefore it would make winning considerably easier were we to make better use of said corners.

How exactly is it moaning to suggest that whilst we are doing extremely well at the moment there are areas that still need improving if we are to be in the top two come May?