Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Get off Martin's back.

Listening to canary call on the way home Chris Martin was getting moaned at all the time.  Why?  He scored the winning goal today and has scored four league goals in his last six or so games.  Yes today he didn''t play well but everyone has off days, just like Hoolahan and Lappin also did.  Get off his back, he is young, he is scoring and most of the time playing well and he is a big threat to the opposition defence.  Don''t forget, if it wasn''t for him we might not have won today.

Martin did ok first half, second half he looked fatigued and lacking in that spark he normally has.  Maybe he has a virus or something, or just had one of those off days that ALL players get.

sadly you get idiots who are fans too... Martin has been great so far this season for norwich... 5 goals in 13 apps is a good return from him and i think he is well on course to get at least 10/12 goals this season. I actually think we have the most deadly three pronged attack in the league...martin is very much part of that.

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]He was getting moaned at because he done nothing all game apart from score!

:)[/quote]Remind me how you win football matches?

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]apart from that he didnt do much.. 1st half was better, but 2nd half just looked somewhere else. but yes obviously he won the game for us.[/quote]So apart from getting us a valuable win against one of our rivals, he didn''t do much? Yeah ok..

Did nothing but score?

Pretty much like Beckford on Monday night then.

FFS, Holt is the grafter, if Martin "does nothing but score" all season and gets 20-which he is capable of doing-then that should be good enough for anyone?

I expect its the old "passion, sweat, blood" thing? He isn''t that sort of player. He is a poor mans Teddy Sheringham, plays a little bit deep, else a little bit wide, does a lot of work off the ball-Monday night exceptionally so. Is a far, far better player than the one who burst onto the scene in his early days.

well lets be honest.. he didnt did he. Holt was all over the pitch, chasing every ball. martinw aited for the ball to come to him. Would much rather have Mcdonald or Curo on.

THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT OPINIONS REMEMBER?

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]well lets be honest.. he didnt did he. Holt was all over the pitch, chasing every ball. martinw aited for the ball to come to him. Would much rather have Mcdonald or Curo on.

THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT OPINIONS REMEMBER?[/quote]Yes, but he has scored 5 goals this season so he has got to be doing something right. Frankly, I would prefer Holt to do a little less chasing all over the pitch and stay in the middle where he can actually get some goals. That aside, I don''t think Martin was half as bad as people were making out today - certainly not at his best, but no worse than the overall team performance. Plus he links up very well with Wes and Holt, and scored the winning goal, so why change a winning team?

[quote user="Allez17"]Martin isn''t a team player. He is also a terrible passer of the ball.

Just sayin''.
[/quote]

But he scores goals.

Just sayin''.

Monday It Was Forster, Today It''s Martin. Stop Finding One Player To Pick On / Blame After Every Match, And Focus On Congratulating And Getting Behind The Team After A Good Performance!!!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Martin did ok first half, second half he looked fatigued and lacking in that spark he normally has.  Maybe he has a virus or something, or just had one of those off days that ALL players get.

[/quote]

your not allowed on the pink''un message board - as you talk to much sense!!

you hit the nail on the head with that point thats all he did played well 1st half and 2nd half just got tired!

Don’t know what was going on with Martin today. Maybe he was injured or was ill which I hope was the reason he looked as if he didn’t care.

You people are stupid. You are saying that instead of having an in form striker on the pitch you would rather have Cureton. Even though when Cureton came on he offered us nothing. He had a bad game and still scored the winner what more can you ask?

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]You people are stupid. You are saying that instead of having an in form striker on the pitch you would rather have Cureton. Even though when Cureton came on he offered us nothing. He had a bad game and still scored the winner what more can you ask?[/quote]

I''d like to see Martin look like he cared, chase some balls down, show a bit more for it and not leave Grant Holt to do all the chasing which meant out most effective striker wasn''t stuck out on the wing for half the game.

I like Martin, he has that bit of arrogant snaz to him, like Tim said I would like him to run a bit more and look more interested and to stop moaning at everything.

Martin did OK. First half he didn''t have a lot of service and scored a goal. His general play was alright, nothing to moan about. Second half the whole team played less well along with Martin; I think due to the loss of Smith and introduction of WLY (who looked pretty poor). Martin''s performance really doesn''t deserve alot of stick, and when you consider he won the game for us - why all the fuss?!If he starts playing poorly, I think we can trust PL to do something about it.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]You people are stupid. You are saying that instead of having an in form striker on the pitch you would rather have Cureton. Even though when Cureton came on he offered us nothing. He had a bad game and still scored the winner what more can you ask?[/quote]

I''d like to see Martin look like he cared, chase some balls down, show a bit more for it and not leave Grant Holt to do all the chasing which meant out most effective striker wasn''t stuck out on the wing for half the game.

[/quote]

He usually does look like he care. Maybe he wasn''t well, tired, just had an off day. We will never know. If we have two players doing what Holt does then i don''t think we will ever have someone in the box. It was almost a bit of a downfall today because Holt was looking to put so many balls into the box, he needs to be the one in the box looking to head the ball and usually Martin is the player looking to cross the ball. He scored the winner. Forget about it.

If he chased more we would have nobody up top. This is like when people bitched the Earnshaw didnt track back, its not his job, his job is to score goals and he seems to be doing that pretty well.

There was one moment today, 1st half attacking the Barclay.  Holt chased a lost cause, won the ball and put in a cross.  Korey Smith ran the best part of 50 yards at full pace to try to connect with it.  Chris Martin, who had  20 yards headstart, trotted forward, decided he couldn''t be bothered, put his hands on his hips and then waved dismissively at Holt after the cross went into the keeper''s hands.That''s why people moan about Martin.  Potentially brilliant but a lazy prima donna.

Yeah, as previously mentioned I think the problem with Chris Martin is that he''s a lazy player. Talented but lazy.

His game is littered with casual and sloppy touches that often let his colleagues down (especially after that colleague might have run his nuts off to make something happen).

But as I''ve said before I don''t think he''s good enough in that central out and out striker role. I think it showed today and in the Leeds game. He always looks more threatening coming in from a wide position.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]You people are stupid. You are saying that instead of having an in form striker on the pitch you would rather have Cureton. Even though when Cureton came on he offered us nothing. He had a bad game and still scored the winner what more can you ask?[/quote]I can categorically state that I would not prefer Cureton to Chris Martin.But he still is lazy...

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]well lets be honest.. he didnt did he. Holt was all over the pitch, chasing every ball. martinw aited for the ball to come to him. Would much rather have Mcdonald or Curo on. THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT OPINIONS REMEMBER?[/quote]

Yes, but he has scored 5 goals this season so he has got to be doing something right. Frankly, I would prefer Holt to do a little less chasing all over the pitch and stay in the middle where he can actually get some goals. That aside, I don''t think Martin was half as bad as people were making out today - certainly not at his best, but no worse than the overall team performance. Plus he links up very well with Wes and Holt, and scored the winning goal, so why change a winning team?
[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]He was getting moaned at because he done nothing all game apart from score! :)[/quote]

Remind me how you win football matches?
[/quote]BANG NAIL HEAD!!!   spot on LD [Y]

I haven''t noticed much criticism of Martin before today, so it''s not like people are on his back. Canary call and this forum is for people to air their views, and obviously players'' performances are going to be high on the agenda immediately after a game. The criticism of Martin I believe was fair. There is no doubt he has got a good goal scoring talent and it was invaluable today but the rest of his performance was dreadfull. It does seem that whenever he scores he puts less effort in as if he feels he has done his bit and has earnt his place in the next game. To win football matches you also have work hard to keep leads, defending, continueing to pressure teams, to pose a threat, to be an outlet for the rest of the team, and help create a bigger margin to safeguard the win against comebacks. Against better opposition just scoring will not always be enough. I think most, if not all fans want Martin to be the excellent finisher he is but to improve his game for the sake of himself as well as the team. Fans are not mugs and do recognise when players are capable of more and rightly feel let down when the effort is not put in. Quite often it is easier to accept that a player has a lack of talent than a lack of work rate. It is hard not to pick a player that is scoring but I do believe that Lambert has already had this dilemma with him. Despite his young age he seems surprisingly unfit, slow and immobile, maybe this is part of his attitude problem and feels he has done enough. Martin can stop any cause for complaint by his performances.

Let''s think about this, we won 1-0 and remind me again who scored the goal?  So if the person who scored the goal, hadn''t have scored the goal, we would have drawn 0-0?  I think Mr Martin did his job yesterday then didn''t he?