Sign in to follow this  
Norma Stick

Lambert's Rant

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED23%20Oct%202009%2018%3A37%3A00%3A447

Surely he knew the position before joining?

"We can''t afford them," he said. "I am not

going to sit here and say it''s great, but it''s happened, and it''s

something I am not going to go on about
because the current group of

lads are giving me everything they''ve got, they''ve been brilliant. But

the money is not there at the minute."

It''s not really a rant, is it?  He sounds quite realistic about the situation and while he''s not best impressed, he''s not threatening to walk away.  I understand that Lambert has been told he has to sell before he can buy, so expect to see Wes cashed in on in January and a few players coming in.If anything, this should please the serial whingers on this board as they think Wes is useless and overrated, so selling him to buy some additional players shouldn''t bother anyone.

I wouldn''t go too overboard just because you haven''t got 7 fully fit players to name on a bench, you can only bring 3 on afterall, I suspect that on any typical matchday there is as least two players amongst the 7 sitting on the bench that know they''re probably not coming on anyway.

In my day you only had one sub!

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Surely he knew the position before joining?[/quote]Why would he? Half the posters on this messageboard have been fooled into believing that we do have the money but are simply being ''more cleverer'' than Swindon and Exeter. If long standing followers of the club are still regularly taken in by the financial illusions what chance does a manager who has only been here a couple of months have? Did Roeder have any kind of transfer pot or did he really truthfully choose to put his career on the line by fielding an ever changing lineup of short term loanees? Peter Grant also had a nett spend if you do the sums although for many it''s easier to lambast him for ''spending all the money''.Think you''ll find we''re in a lot of trouble and it''s time for people to stop deluding themselves, there are two threads on the front page containing dozens of posts tantamount to nothing more than guessed excuses for why we didn''t go for Seaborne or whatsisname, methinks the truth is out.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Surely he knew the position before joining?[/quote]Why would he? Half the posters on this messageboard have been fooled into believing that we do have the money but are simply being ''more cleverer'' than Swindon and Exeter. If long standing followers of the club are still regularly taken in by the financial illusions what chance does a manager who has only been here a couple of months have?[/quote]I would certainly hope that the manager has rather more accurate information than some of the people posting on here.

Oh I''m sure the manager does it''s more likely to be ''managerial candidates'' who don''t get accurate figures, not much you can do once you''ve signed on the dotted line.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"] Surely he knew the position before joining?[/quote]

Why would he? Half the posters on this messageboard have been fooled into believing that we do have the money but are simply being ''more cleverer'' than Swindon and Exeter. If long standing followers of the club are still regularly taken in by the financial illusions what chance does a manager who has only been here a couple of months have?
[/quote]

I would certainly hope that the manager has rather more accurate information than some of the people posting on here.
[/quote]

Is good to see that our manager is at last being more truthful with the clubs supporters about the lack of cash at the club.  It is just a shame that our wonderful NEW board of directors were not more forthcoming with the truth to back up the myth that much has changed in the boardroom at Carrow Road surely?

I think that it is absolutely disgusting that Lambert has finally spoken up about this because a handful of supporters will not be taken for mugs and have outed both him and the board on the fact that the cash simply isn''t there for either of his transfer targets (Seaborne and McNamee).

Old Board/New Board still hiding the truth from the fans!

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED23%20Oct%202009%2018%3A37%3A00%3A447 Surely he knew the position before joining?[/quote]

Perhaps people will now wake up and face facts - we haven''t got any money and there''s no fairy godmother lined up to bail us out.

Shame cause we are desperate for a right back!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED23%20Oct%202009%2018%3A37%3A00%3A447 Surely he knew the position before joining?[/quote]

Perhaps people will now wake up and face facts - we haven''t got any money and there''s no fairy godmother lined up to bail us out.

[/quote]Since when was this a surprise to anyone?  I don''t understand why people think this is somehow "news". (That''s both the "being skint" bit and the "need a right back" bit.)

[quote user="Mister Chops"]"We can''t afford them," he said. "I am not going to sit here and say it''s great, but it''s happened, and it''s something I am not going to go on about because the current group of lads are giving me everything they''ve got, they''ve been brilliant. But the money is not there at the minute."

It''s not really a rant, is it?  He sounds quite realistic about the situation and while he''s not best impressed, he''s not threatening to walk away.  I understand that Lambert has been told he has to sell before he can buy, so expect to see Wes cashed in on in January and a few players coming in.

If anything, this should please the serial whingers on this board as they think Wes is useless and overrated, so selling him to buy some additional players shouldn''t bother anyone.

[/quote]

Not threatening to walk away?

I wonder how he will take a McNamee winner today??? [:#]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]"We can''t afford them," he said. "I am not going to sit here and say it''s great, but it''s happened, and it''s something I am not going to go on about because the current group of lads are giving me everything they''ve got, they''ve been brilliant. But the money is not there at the minute."It''s not really a rant, is it?  He sounds quite realistic about the situation and while he''s not best impressed, he''s not threatening to walk away.  I understand that Lambert has been told he has to sell before he can buy, so expect to see Wes cashed in on in January and a few players coming in.If anything, this should please the serial whingers on this board as they think Wes is useless and overrated, so selling him to buy some additional players shouldn''t bother anyone.[/quote]

[/quote]Certainly not as well as you, as I get the feeling you''d be strangely pleased if this happened.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]"We can''t afford them," he said. "I am not going to sit here and say it''s great, but it''s happened, and it''s something I am not going to go on about because the current group of lads are giving me everything they''ve got, they''ve been brilliant. But the money is not there at the minute."

It''s not really a rant, is it?  He sounds quite realistic about the situation and while he''s not best impressed, he''s not threatening to walk away.  I understand that Lambert has been told he has to sell before he can buy, so expect to see Wes cashed in on in January and a few players coming in.

If anything, this should please the serial whingers on this board as they think Wes is useless and overrated, so selling him to buy some additional players shouldn''t bother anyone.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Certainly not as well as you, as I get the feeling you''d be strangely pleased if this happened.
[/quote]

Maybe I would CHOPS, but at least I can be honest about things, unlike our wonderful new board of directors.

I will however not be hoping for this to happen, as I will be there cheering on the lads hoping that Lambert can continue to perform miracles against the odds!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]"We can''t afford them," he said. "I am not going to sit here and say it''s great, but it''s happened, and it''s something I am not going to go on about because the current group of lads are giving me everything they''ve got, they''ve been brilliant. But the money is not there at the minute."It''s not really a rant, is it?  He sounds quite realistic about the situation and while he''s not best impressed, he''s not threatening to walk away.  I understand that Lambert has been told he has to sell before he can buy, so expect to see Wes cashed in on in January and a few players coming in.If anything, this should please the serial whingers on this board as they think Wes is useless and overrated, so selling him to buy some additional players shouldn''t bother anyone.[/quote]

[/quote]Certainly not as well as you, as I get the feeling you''d be strangely pleased if this happened.[/quote]

Maybe I would CHOPS, but at least I can be honest about things, unlike our wonderful new board of directors.

I will however not be hoping for this to happen, as I will be there cheering on the lads hoping that Lambert can continue to perform miracles against the odds!

[/quote]I look forward to hearing your views on Hoolahan and Doherty.  We''re the ones in yellow and green.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Certainly not as well as you, as I get the feeling you''d be strangely pleased if this happened.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I look forward to hearing your views on Hoolahan and Doherty.  We''re the ones in yellow and green.

[/quote]

LOL!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Since when was this a surprise to anyone?  I don''t understand why people think this is somehow "news".

(That''s both the "being skint" bit and the "need a right back" bit.)
[/quote]

Certain posters, do seem to be in denial that we''re truly "not-flush" with our finances......Which is somewhat disconcerting, when even the CE and the Manager have made it quite plain that there''s no immediately available readies. Our previous CE said everything was in good order - before relocating to the North and claiming praise for our ''success.''

Even if we do achieve promotion, where is that going to leave us? We have near capacity crowds already, so where''s the extra finance going to arise from? London prices for football? ''Sale of available assets?'' Which in truth, are the members of our current squad who will maybe attract a half-decent fee - but, this I feel is as counter-productive as bringing in loans. It all needs to be addressed now, not when we may be on the fringes of promotion.

If the majority-shareholding duo, really do have the club (and not their personal interests) at heart.....they really do need to get their sheet together.....before it is folded by some creditors who want their dosh back. 

Is Orville actually manipulating Keith Harris with his imitation wing up Keef''s Khyber Pass? And is he courting a generous fee for his ''assistance?''....

I''m hoping that Mr Mac and Mr Bowker (who was certainly a critic of the previous regime) are actively seeking new finance and a possibly a new owner, because if we falter at the last hurdle in May.......I think we''re hucked!

Me personally? I just think that Delia is digging her heels in and really just doesn''t want to let go......and those tuggin'' or her apron strings, certainly don''t want her to let go either. Eh, Tom?  

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Since when was this a surprise to anyone?  I don''t understand why people think this is somehow "news". (That''s both the "being skint" bit and the "need a right back" bit.)[/quote]

Certain posters, do seem to be in denial that we''re truly "not-flush" with our finances......Which is somewhat disconcerting, when even the CE and the Manager have made it quite plain that there''s no immediately available readies. Our previous CE said everything was in good order - before relocating to the North and claiming praise for our ''success.''

[/quote]That''s astonishing.  Was the "waive the rebate" campaign not exhibit A, B and C in the "We''re completely skint" case?  Plus there''s Gunn''s & Butterworth''s payoff to factor in to that equation.  Denial indeed.

I personally think Lambert is being two faced.When he arrived he described the City squad as large and said he might have to ship some out (look it up, he said it).He has shipped out just one, and now says the squad is too small!bleating when the going gets tough.

Let''s be quite honest, big money has not been around since Worthington splashed out on Croft. Grant and Roeder tried to exist with Bowmans loan players and a few cheapies. Perhaps because of loyalty to him, Gunny was allowed a generous amount - for Holt, Wacey and  T-J in particular, although there is a strong suspicion that the Board expected to recoup much of this from the sale of Holahan and Russell.So it looks as if PL really has very little. He has tried to buy two players cheaply after loan - a winger he desperately needs and a central defender. One of them, at least, will go for a song later in the year when the contract runs out.So why has he mentioned this publicly at all? Possibly because he wants to convince other clubs that we really have no money to burn, and they would be better to accept £50k from us now rather than zero in May from someone. It may also be to remind supporters and Board that we are doing well, so why spoil the boat for a hape''th of tar. This, if he is subtle enough, may be part of a campaign for funds for the January window.On the other hand, and not knowing the context, it may merely have been a statement of the obvious, that if we ignore the "unready" youngsters in the squad, then our squad really is too small, as can be shown by having to pick half-fit substitutes.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Since when was this a surprise to anyone?  I don''t understand why people think this is somehow "news".

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s astonishing.  Was the "waive the rebate" campaign not exhibit A, B and C in the "We''re completely skint" case?  Plus there''s Gunn''s & Butterworth''s payoff to factor in to that equation.  Denial indeed.

[/quote]

Nope it''s not astonishing at all. But I can understand perfectly why we are skint.....and it''s certainly nothing to do with the loyal support.

Why do you think we''re skint? 18 years of Tory Rule?

I hope this isn''t another Martin O''Neill episode, where he was told there was money available only to find out there was bugger all....I think Lambert is frustrated that he can''t move on DOC, Maric etc. to generate funds as no one what''s them. You might find he has to sacrifice a Hoolihan to actually get more coverage in the squad which would be a disaster....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Since when was this a surprise to anyone?  I don''t understand why people think this is somehow "news". (That''s both the "being skint" bit and the "need a right back" bit.)[/quote]

[/quote]That''s astonishing.  Was the "waive the rebate" campaign not exhibit A, B and C in the "We''re completely skint" case?  Plus there''s Gunn''s & Butterworth''s payoff to factor in to that equation.  Denial indeed.[/quote]

Nope it''s not astonishing at all. But I can understand perfectly why we are skint.....and it''s certainly nothing to do with the loyal support.

[/quote]Well, to this layman, we''re clearly skint through financial mismanagement and poor decision making by the top brass, allied to the spiralling cost of player wages.It''s the people who think we aren''t broke that I feel amazed by.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s astonishing.  Was the "waive the rebate" campaign not exhibit A, B and C in the "We''re completely skint" case?  Plus there''s Gunn''s & Butterworth''s payoff to factor in to that equation.  Denial indeed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, to this layman, we''re clearly skint through financial mismanagement and poor decision making by the top brass, allied to the spiralling cost of player wages.

It''s the people who think we aren''t broke that I feel amazed by.
[/quote]

We''re not broke though.....The restaurants are fully functioning, concourse refreshment facilities are all available, all the turnstiles are open and manned and the crowd will be near capacity, sufficient stewarding and police presence visible, pitch is in tip-top quality, and our playing squad don''t court Prem or Championship salaries - and the bench is big enough to accomodate the subs and all the other rag, tag and bobtail necessary coaching staff....Where''s the indication that we are skint?

The odd corporate box may be empty.....but I think we can allow for that.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]"We can''t afford them," he said. "I am not

It''s not really a rant, is it?  He sounds quite realistic about the situation and while he''s not best impressed, he''s not threatening to walk away.  I understand that Lambert has been told he has to sell before he can buy, so expect to see Wes cashed in on in January and a few players coming in.If anything, this should please the serial whingers on this board as they think Wes is useless and overrated, so selling him to buy some additional players shouldn''t bother anyone.

[/quote]

Why say it at all ? He knew the situation before he agreed to join. This is the classic football manager''s pre-emptive defence as contingency if fans'' expectations are not fulfilled. He''s therefore shifted from previously saying how satisfied he was with the squad of players and promotion is the objective to "well, I needed to strengthen back in October but like I said at the time, the money was not made available. So not my fault we didn''t make the play-offs".

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Mister Chops"]"We can''t afford them," he said. "I am not

[/quote]

Why say it at all ? He knew the situation before he agreed to join. This is the classic football manager''s pre-emptive defence as contingency if fans'' expectations are not fulfilled. He''s therefore shifted from previously saying how satisfied he was with the squad of players and promotion is the objective to "well, I needed to strengthen back in October but like I said at the time, the money was not made available. So not my fault we didn''t make the play-offs".[/quote]Bob, would you be disappointed if Lambert is a success at Norwich City FC?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Mister Chops"]"We can''t afford them," he said. "I am not

[/quote]

Why say it at all ? He knew the situation before he agreed to join. This is the classic football manager''s pre-emptive defence as contingency if fans'' expectations are not fulfilled. He''s therefore shifted from previously saying how satisfied he was with the squad of players and promotion is the objective to "well, I needed to strengthen back in October but like I said at the time, the money was not made available. So not my fault we didn''t make the play-offs".[/quote]Bob, would you be disappointed if Lambert is a success at Norwich City FC?[/quote]

No, not at all, I desperately want the club I have supported all my life to get back into the Championship at the first attempt. This afternoon I will nervously be checking the score and looking out for Ricardo''s match report ! I''m sceptical about Lambert, can''t stand the new MD and feel that Gunn was treated grossly unfairly but I''m not going to kick off on all that again today ................ you''ll be relieved to hear !

Love how it saysMatt Gill has been on the Norwich City bench despite not being match

fit.
Like a lack of cash has meant we haven''t brought in a much needed CM to cover for the likes ofAdeyemi, Tudur Jones, Gill, Hughes, Russell and Smith

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Good on you smudger, We disagree on almost everything NCFC, but i am glad to hear you voice your support for the boys instead of hoping we lose which i seem to recall being your tactic for sometime. Pleased to hear it mate.