Sign in to follow this  
grinner

£7million wasted

It beggers belief that here we are near to jan 1st ,only to be told we dont have any dosh as such to spend.lets have a little look at the products we have spent our dosh on in the last 6 months.

mr helveg = £500.000 wages

mr doherty = £750.000

mr safi = £500.000

mr jonson = £1.000.00

CORNER INFILL=£3.000.00

lnd at back of new stand = £900.000

a grand total of £6.850.00 ISH.

all of the above players would not be in the team if it was not for injurys. ask worthington. infills ,land ,not interested i want a good football team.so find some money,look in the magic land come infill purse you may find a bob or 2.

I think Safri and Jonson have shown some promise. Helveg has been good, apart from his passing. Doherty was a key man in our victory against Bolton, he kept Davies quiet all afternoon.

I think it''s unfair to be saying that they''re a waste of money.

have to agree dom jay.

Totaly biased point of view.....
Go get a life, or become a true city fan......

i think it`s fair to say that without the signings we made we would be bottom of the league cos of the injuries we have sustained. I don''t think some people are being fair on the players brought in. It takes all players a while to bed in and from what i hav seen, tho it could be argued that none have set the Prem alight with the performances, equally none have been a failure.

It'' s a team game remember and i think that the impact that Hucks had last year had made evryones expectations of new signings a lot higher than they realistically should be!

One minute the swell seems to be that we need another tier on the city stand because we could sell out 35,000...... the next minute the corner infill is a waste of money.

One minute we can''t take risks and need players with Premier experience... the next we are looking at Yeovil''s goalie and Danny Crow to see us out of trouble.

One minute Docherty is a waste at £750,000....the next we need to spend something, anything or we will get relegated. 

What are these moaners going to do if we don''t spend any money in January - boycott or hold demonstrations.  Get a grip - does anyone seriously think that the board, management and players do not want to stay up.

The only people who really know the money situation are inside the club.  The only people who know the true transfer situations are inside the club.  Que sera sera..............

If we keep our money in our pocket because the only things out there are more £750k Gary Dochertys or £40k a week Kanu''s then that is fine by me.  If we pull a rabbit from somewhere then brilliant but if we don''t then there will be a reason for it which I will understand.

Kanu on a free with a two year contract at £40k and you have just committed yourself to £4m on one player who couldn''t hit a cows behind with any sort of stringed instrument.  £4m hasn''t guaranteed West Brom''s survival.

dom jay i agree totally we seem to moan or complain about something .wake up and stop moaning get behind the whole team .

win lose or draw we must be behind the team

[quote]It beggers belief that here we are near to jan 1st ,only to be told we dont have any dosh as such to spend.lets have a little look at the products we have spent our dosh on in the last 6 months. mr h...[/quote]

Sorry grinner I just don''t agree with most of that.  IMO our most of our signings haven''t been bad.  I think Safri''s good, Doc''s good, Jonson is getting better and I hope Helveg is getting better.  I wouldn''t call the infill a waste of money either.  It needed to be done.  If it wasn''t done this year, it would have been done next year.

Nobby , what are you going on about ?

To say that only people inside the club can have any view on financial matters is proposterous we can all add up cant we ? We can all tell the difference between 3Mil and 30 Mil.

Now I am not a fair weather supporter I have followed city since I was old enough in the mid 70''s and to be honest I cannot remember a more toothless attack in any sides over that period.

No other walk of life would get away with serving this up to us week in week out and calling it premiership football, If Carrow Rd was a restuarant it would have closed down months ago.

I have not enjoyed this season in the slightest if the board haven''t the stomach for the battle they should have made that clear before the season tickets went on sale. I can honestly say I have not been so thoroughly depressed by Norwich City Football club ever before and that includes the days of Bob the builder (at least he had a team that could score the odd goal)

I want to hear some answers and I want them fast, if the players are going public to say how preposterous it is that we are unable to strengethen it really has come to something what have Delia and Co got to say now ??

i have no problem with the guys he has bought in.just that our boss doesnt have the faith in the guys.ask brennan, easton,mackay,rivers, roberts etc.

What a complete over reaction from KeelansGlove.  Never before been so depressed - what cobblers.  When Chase was in charge the whole thing was unravelling and collapsing before our eyes.  At present we are in a better position in terms of status, personnel infrastructure and finances then we were even this time 12 months ago.

We have lost three games in a row.........against three sides in the top 8 in the best league in the world.

I will give you depressed: losing 2-1 at home to Brentford in the FA Cup when they didn''t have a shot on target, losing to Grimsby away in the FA Cup 4 or 5 years ago, stuffed by Oldham away at the end of the 97 season, consecutive away defeats to west brom and port vale shipping 11 goals in the process, Martin O''Neill leaving, Darren Eadie leaving, Newsome and Ward out on the same day to halve the overdraft, etc, etc.  All in the last 9 years. 

We are in a stronger position in every respect than we have been for over 10 years.

My argument is that if the players aren''t there to buy for the right cash to improve the team then they shouldn''t and will not waste what money we have.  Docherty on a three year contract at £10k a week with his transfer fee has committed us to over £2m.  I would rather not spend anything than spend that money and not improve the squad.

Toothless attack - you obviously forget the year Bowen was leading scorer with 6 goals, or the year we got relegated when Ward top scored with 7 or the Sheron and Akinbiyi partnerships or the Abbey/Neilsen/Hammond rotation we had at the start of last season.

I did not say that only the board can have a view on the financial matters - i said that the true financial status is only known inside the club - unless everyone on this forum has seen the bank statements and debt agreements and contracts and payroll and financial commitments of the club.

As for your comment about the difference between £30m and £3m - nobody has ever mentioned above £20m from promotion - this is how much promotion is worth in terms of tv money.  Sky do not just write you a cheque the day you get promoted.  Some of this £20m is prize money for the final league positions which we wont see until next summer.

Come on, Keelansglove, I can''t believe you think the Chase regime which dismantled the best Norwich team ever, broke up one of the best management teams and presided over our relegation, is preferable to the one we have now. The trouble is the whole Premiership setup and its relationship to the lower leagues has been totally and utterly transformed in the years since 1995. Even teams languishing in the lower reaches of the Premiership have spent vastly more money than Norwich are capable of spending - we are no longer in the days when we can afford the equivalent of Ted MacDougall and Phil Boyer to bang the goals in. NW and the board have to look at a range of players on the basis of their potential to do a job and their affordability both immediately and over a period - this is a phenomenally difficult job, made doubly difficult by our current injury crisis, and we will only be able to see at the end of the season whether it''s been successful or not. Now''s the time to get four-square behind the team not bleat from the sidelines.

well said !!  i never cease to be amazed by how fickle some people are.  can people please try to understand that the club are required BY LAW to provide facilities for the disabled and also (just in case anyone has forgotten!) Disabled fans are just that  FANS, but they need a bit more than steep steps and small plastic seats to enable them to enjoy a game

[quote]Nobby , what are you going on about ? To say that only people inside the club can have any view on financial matters is proposterous we can all add up cant we ? We can all tell the difference between...[/quote]

No, in any other walk of life you certainly couldn''t call it Premiership football!! And, er, Carrow Road is a restaurant!

Nobby G, I totally agree with you!